Sefy's guides added to AfterDawn.com

Written by Petteri Pyyny (Google+) @ 06 Mar 2003 15:22 User comments (21)

Sefy Levy, one of the well-known DVD ripping guide authors, asked us to host his guide pack on our site and obviously we were delighted to have his guides available for our users.
After tweaking the guides to make them fit better with AfterDawn.com's look and feel, we've finally added them to our guide selection. His excellent DVD ripping guideset, which covers virtually all "manual" ripping, encoding and burning methods for DVD to VCD/SVCD, are available in this address:

Once again, thank you Sefy for the guides!

16.3.2003 21:30
Sefy

Thank you! Although I am curious, how will one know how to access the guides through the regular pages when this link becomes part of history ? ;-)

Best Regards,
Sefy Levy,
Certified Computer Technician.

26.3.2003 22:53

I'll add a link to our article pages today, managed to squeeze the baby to online yesterday night around 2am, so I kinda didn't have time to do that yet :-)

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

37.3.2003 1:32

Sefy, excellent work on the guides =) dRD, excellent work sqeezing the guides to afterdawn format =) :-)

47.3.2003 3:34

Sefy, wauw man ! Looks very very nice ! Good job, congrats.

AfterDawn Addict
-guys with literally thousands of messages

57.3.2003 5:33
Sefy

@dRD, no prob, and again, thanks! oh, that reminds me, on the "categories" make those links as well, cause they are also links to different sections on the guide, will make navigation easier, especialy if you had the "home" button to bring back the user to the main "intro" page. @Dela, thank you very much for the compliments! I hope to be able to justify all of them! @Wizkid, Much Appriciated! but dRD deserves alot into managing the guides into AfterDawn, they look pretty nice!

Best Regards,
Sefy Levy,
Certified Computer Technician.

67.3.2003 6:08

Well done Sefy. By the way dRD how do you submit a guide? I have nearly completed one and would like to submit it.

77.3.2003 6:12

chrisiso123: Send a short mail to our support by using the feedback form located at the top of the page and we'll discuss it further in the email then.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

87.3.2003 7:09

Hmmmmm I listened to dRD's bitching about the size of that guide last night, so Sefy, make sure you keep away from him for a while! :-D Paul.

I'm back...
...can't you smell the fear?

97.3.2003 7:40
Sefy

@loaded, not my fault the guide grow from 800k to 5.3mb in 3 years :-P Show me another guide that tries to cover every single program out there :-D

Best Regards,
Sefy Levy,
Certified Computer Technician.

107.3.2003 8:21

No, I can't do that Sefy, but I just hope that dRD does not remember us in his prayers for bringing this to him. :-D Paul.

I'm back...
...can't you smell the fear?

117.3.2003 8:25

The guides are excellent addition to aD and I thank Sefy once again for those, but surely, it was a ****h to convert to aD-look :-) Ah well, now it's done and I'm sure that it will help tons of our users in future.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

127.3.2003 9:28
Sefy

dRD, so when the next HTML update comes, are you gonna kill me ? :-D

Best Regards,
Sefy Levy,
Certified Computer Technician.

137.3.2003 9:36

Nah, if you tell me which pages have been updated :-)

1430.4.2003 2:53
Sefy

How about all of them recieved a complete make over ? *innocent look*

Best Regards,
Sefy Levy,
Certified Computer Technician.

1530.4.2003 17:06

Ohhhhhh, that wont go down well, lol :P I have a feeling the answer you get will be a definate yes, but it wont happen for a few months lol.

1630.4.2003 22:28
Sefy

Oh, why a few months ? ;-)

Best Regards,
Sefy Levy,
Certified Computer Technician.

171.5.2003 13:30

Just got back to UK from a pretty cold and very, very drunk holiday and promised myself that I _will_ update the guide within a week. Whip me if I don't.. not that I wouldn't like the whipping part, but...

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

181.5.2003 13:34
Sefy

mmm... I don't know about thw whipping part, unless it's whipped cream with chocklate on top and then I wouldn't let you have it ;-)

Best Regards,
Sefy Levy,
Certified Computer Technician.

191.5.2003 13:42

Oh damn :-) Anyway, I try my best to squeeze the new stuff into the layout within next couple of days.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

201.5.2003 14:05
Sefy

Just remember, I told you that you'd get in trouble by changing the layout of the guide :-P

Best Regards,
Sefy Levy,
Certified Computer Technician.

212.5.2003 13:14
Sefy

How'd you like that! not only a few sections of the guide got a Hebrew Translation, but now, the entire guide is gonna get a Dutch Translation! thanks to 3S who approched me and requested to do the translation and hosting!

Best Regards,