321 Studios DVDXTREME software suite

Written by Jari Ketola @ 25 Mar 2004 11:00 User comments (18)

321 Studios DVDXTREME software suite Despite losing the trial about the DVD decryption, the 321 Studios are still rolling out new products. Their latest product title DVDXTREME bundles a load of products into a single high value package.
The most complete digital media and CD/DVD burning suite on the market today! This comprehensive package contains all of the tools you will need to create, edit, organize, back up, burn, rescue and share your photos, data, music, movie and video files in just a few easy steps!
With award-winning utilities like AUDIOXTOOLS, DVDXCOPY XPRESS RF and DVDXSHOW, now you can get outstanding results first time, every time! Burn a music CD, back up DVD movies, or create an incredible photo movie and email it to friends…with DVDXTREME, it’s simple and seamless…Now You Can!

DVDXTREME Software Suite:

• DVDXCOPY XPRESS R-Make back up copies of your DVD movies
  • DVDXSHOW-Turn your digital photo collections into documentary style DVD movies
  • DVDXMAKER-Restore your old home videos by burning them to DVDs
  • IMAGEXRESCUE-Rescue deleted images from SD cards and Compact Flash cards
  • SNAPSHOTXPRESS-Edit your photos and remove redeye
  • BURNXPRESS-Burn CDs and DVDs
  • DVDXLABEL-Create labels for your CDs and DVDsAvailable now at: DVDXCopy.Com
  • Previous Next

125.3.2004 21:08

I had the opportunity to acquire this program. It sounds OK if you would like to have a program that is very versatile and does about everything, except of course for ripping - which after all is the reason we know this company - and, so...Well, my first impression is that this program is not to be recommended. Everything about it is akward, it recognizes the wrong files, doesn't recognize drives, has odd instructions,...Every part of the program has been done before and has a much better equivalent out there. Thumbs down on this one...

226.3.2004 5:31
    Creyton

Ditto the above. Lack of support for the now defunct ripping programs of 321 is discouraging, and the current mess over new versions of the Patin Couffin engine producing CSS blocks on ALL the old ripper versions of X Copy is worse, since it means that the retail price of $149 is a total waste. DVD Maker, included in this suite, is useless for the simple reason that capture is impossible. When support finally came up with their "solution", they agreed that it's impossible to capture with DVD Maker, so their suggestion is to capture via ANOTHER program, and burn with Maker. Forget it.

326.3.2004 16:33

Oh Boy !!! What a "NIGHTMARE!!!"

429.3.2004 10:52
    Reddog_64

All of the above is true, but the music burning softwareis not that bad, but it is not even close to being worth the price.

529.3.2004 11:55

Its not impossible to capture using Maker. However, its simply easier to use other capturing software. I have Maker and so far, its been a total waste of money. WinDVD Creator is a far superior program and that's really not saying a helluva lot.. Pinnacle's Studio 8 also is much better. If buying DVDXtreme to convert old VHS to DVD? Fuggedaboutit right now! Don't waste your cash..! Frankly, without the ripper portion, I'm not sure why anyone would bother with this product at all...You probably could use AnySoft to decode a DVD and some other FREE application..

629.3.2004 11:55

731.3.2004 7:37
    uncleb

Boy you guys made my day. I have been looking for the perfect software for me. Something that would allow me to copy my DVD's, help me to turn my VHS tapes to DVD, and Burn my CDR's. I almost bought this baby, but thanks to you, I didn't make that mistake. I guess that old saying holds true. "If it sounds to good to be True, it usually is". Again Thanks Uncle Bob

815.4.2004 15:30

All of the above is true,What a NIGHTMARE after I bought DVDXtreme it was back on its way to 321 the day after I got it. Some things where ok like the cd stuff but thats it If I knew what the RF ment I would not have bought it needless to say I went on google and got me dvdXcopy platinum with ripper and it came with dvdxrescue for less than XTREME and I'm more happy with it. Don't buy it a wast of money.

916.4.2004 12:46
    Jeanc1

Bought it --- Looked at it --- Then REQUESTED they honour their Money Back UNCONDITIONNAL Guarantee as shown on their web site 0n that BIG Yellow Seal. THEY DID ! -- Got a Full Refund. One thing i must say -- OUFFFFFF !! Nearly lost 99$ of my good earn cash. Thanks 321 Studios.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Jul 2004 @ 5:10

1020.4.2004 6:47

Do yourself a favor!!! Run away from this company!!! If you don't believe me go to their forum at 321studios.com and see all the problems people are having!!!!

112.5.2004 6:27
    Oopsla

I just want to thank you all for your posts. My father is a newbie to computers and burning. He rashly went out and bought it. I sent him all your comments in hopes that he'll send the package back. Fathers, will they ever listen? I appreciate everyones imput from the newsletter to tunes on Lizard. Thanks All

125.5.2004 11:44

321 studios dvd back-up software is poorly coded. The list of programs that can not be used with 321 installed is extensive. Technical support is a farce exceeding the 3 Stooges in dis-organisation. In fact 321 tech support is more like a "monkey with a script" starting off with install the latest service pack and get new drivers. The ability of 321 to lie about their: "zero byte 100% burn in 30 seconds problem" as a user system problem is just that a damned lie...Or better yet, where is the answer to Open Range...playing a few seconds of each chapter on Sony players? I rate this firm somewhere along with Whale Guano as an indicator of the depth of business ethics...Thou shall not steal.

1321.4.2006 9:31
    bettyk

Are there earlier versions of this software that rip? Maybe there were codes from europe that were available to make it more functional? I don't remember. I would like a simple, reliable way to back up my DVD's they are so fragil and expensive. I am using windows XP pro if that matters. I would greatly appreciate any feedback about this. Thanks

1411.11.2006 9:59

Im trying to reactivate my dvdxcopy plat. account . It will not activat with the code and password that it came with. This happend the last time i had to reactivate and i sent an email to tech support and they gave me new code and password. But this time the tech support seems not to be there any more. My emails get returned. Can someone help me. Thanks

1511.11.2006 10:01

THE 321-STUDIOS IS CLOSED FOR NEAR 3-YEARS..
    AND SO IS THERE ACTIVATION CENTER..

YOU CAN TRY THIS...WATCH THEY WILL TRY TO SELL YE ANOTHER PROGRAM..
    DO NOT BUY IT,STICK TO YE GUNS FOR THE ACTIVATION..

USE THIS TO SUMMIT A TICKET TO HAVE THEM TO RESET YOUR ACTIVATIONS
    YOU MUST SUMMIT YOUR Email, (the e-mail you used when you registered)Customer ID, License ID or Invoice No. along with your Password.
    And proof of purchase like a receipt and a photo copy of the box and program cd disk.
    And where you bought the program.

Click here to start the process to get reactivated

or here

OR HERE

167.7.2008 21:00
    nfocity

I have a copy of DVDXTREME that I purchased quite a while ago. I wanted to install it on my new computer and make a slide show for the TV useing DVDxSHOW, well I installed it and it all works but it didn't install the one thing that I really wanted, how do I get the DVDxSHOW to install, I have tried three times. It shows on the menu, but when I click it, it says it wasn't installed.

Tom

1721.10.2009 12:38

I have DVDXTREME but I don't have the code. Does anyone know how to get it or have one?

I also have DVDXCOPY and have the same problem. Can anyone help?

Thanks

1821.10.2009 15:49

get newer free software as your manufacturer is long closed up/