Nero 6.6 "Reloaded" is out for downloading

Written by Lasse Penttinen @ 08 Oct 2004 8:14 User comments (12)

Nero 6.6 "Reloaded" is out for downloading While the Nero.com remains un updated, the TechConnect is already offering a mighty 80mb install package for downloading. The 6.6 update is free for the existing customers, but it will ask for the license key.
Nero 6.6 supports for the first time a burning of short Lead Outs. Thus one can save up to 80 seconds when burning and has 12 Mb more storage location. A function is offered, which makes it possible to examine at the end of the combustion the medium for errors. The Tool Nero Vision Express was revised completely and is provided now in the version 3.It can read in and further process immediately films already burned. All usual formats are supported. The operation is very easy: One indicates the drive assembly, in which is the CD or DVD and indicates vision express in an overview with Thumbnails, which films are present.
Nero vision express 3.0.0.12B
Nero Cover designer 2.3.0.12
ShowTime 2.0.0.6
Nero Recode 2.1.1.21
Nero MediaHome 1.0.0.15
Nero PhotoSnap 1.0.0.8
Go to TechConnect for this early release, but keep an eye for the Nero.com for the official update.

18.10.2004 13:07

Anyone know if 6.6 can be installed over existing Nero 6.x install or should the previous installation be uninstalled first?

28.10.2004 13:16

I installed it over Nero and absolutely no problems whatsoever, test burnt a dvd perfect.

Burn rubber that doesn't mean warp speed

38.10.2004 16:46

this is a fake release...bunched together by some smart ass and also illegal to download (gasp). interesting that you posted details of the parts that are actually updated because if you look at all the various elements of the suite in this package, you will see that some of them are from 3 months ago (back it up for example) try installing this ona cleans ystem and it will give you the wierd message "too old please visit Nero.com to update" which proves it is a hybrid of stuff.

48.10.2004 19:36

domie said this was a fake release, I didn't try to download the 80mb file and check it out, but I did find where Nero WILL release this version on October 18 for registered users. http://warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=20193 Evidently the German computer magazine Bild included a disk with the new Nero (trial version?) in the October issue. I'd assume that's where this 80mb file came from, in which case some of the menu/instructions could be in German. I'll just wait until the 18th and get the official US version if you don't mind.

58.10.2004 21:27

Illegal to download? I had no idea, as for the too old message I just installed on a clean system to test it out and no weird messages. By your logic if I install nero 5 on a clean system then I should get a too old message. No german text from what I can see but going on the side of caution i have removed it to wait for the official update

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Oct 2004 @ 21:30

Burn rubber that doesn't mean warp speed

69.10.2004 7:56

I got it yesterday and I see nothing spectacular except it got a face lift.

Yes it can be installed right over your 6.x just like anyother update.

79.10.2004 13:02

I just got it, and I installed it over Nero 6.3.1.25 and no troubles at all or weird messages.

89.10.2004 18:52

NVE 3 still has that stupid menu chapter numbering thing going on. Instead of saying "Chapter 1", it says "1. Chapter 1"... Redundant. I installed the new version without removing the old one. Very easy and no problems.

911.10.2004 3:06
don99

When I open Nero StartSmart and Nero Product Center, it shows Nero 6.3 as being the latest available version. Hu? I may wait to see if Nero makes its update available first.

1030.12.2004 20:00
vortex742

look if u can get Nero 6.6 enterprise edition or download...great it will sovle all your problems, but first take the older version of Nero ,after that do the updates frome the Nero site it will give an excellent progran to work with. the program puts other burning programs to shame.

113.9.2005 18:07

DOES SOMEONE KNOW HOW TO GET AHEAD SOFTWARE TO RESPOND TO AN E-MAIL. OR HOW TO RETRIVE A Nero LICENSE NUMBER. MY NAME + KEY # IS REGISTERED W/AHEAD. I'VE E-MAILED THEM, BUT NEVER RECEIVED A REPLY. MY PC CRASHED + MY DISK IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND....AH, AGAIN THE LESSON OF IMMEDIATE BACK UP!!!!

128.9.2005 3:17

you should maybe call them by phone. but don't shout down the phone like you are in your post (ie turn off the caps lock) :)

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***