AfterDawn launches user profile pages

Written by Petteri Pyyny (Google+) @ 20 Dec 2005 23:14 User comments (25)

AfterDawn launches user profile pages Our regular forum users have been, for years, asking us to implement some form of user profile pages where they could share some basic information about themselves, like on most other forums. However, we didn't want to offer a basic one-page profile system that would simply state user's basic information, but wanted to provide more "complete" solution instead.
Our new user profile pages allow users to upload full-size pictures (yes, unedited, full-size 5Mpix digicam pictures are fine), write their own blogs, have their link lists stored on their home pages, etc. All of our registered users are free to create their own "home" :-)

Currently the user profile system is in "public beta", which means that we hope to gather as much user feedback about the profile pages as possible and implement the best ideas as soon as possible. We have plenty of ideas already in store, but now we simply want to hear how the pages "feel" now, whether users like them or not.

To visit our user profile pages, go here:

If you find any bugs, got any ideas how to improve the service, etc, please feel free to contact us.

121.12.2005 0:02
Alien13

I love this feature, its good to see what people like :P Great work, keep it up :)

221.12.2005 0:04

That is damn sweet and working like a charm, excellent work guys :)

321.12.2005 0:08

Oh yeah, there's one thing you should add; "my profile" -tab or something like that. Now you have to go through "my account" and "create your profile" -link, if not using my.afterdawn.com.

421.12.2005 0:15

Yeah, this feature is soo great :P Great idea it is! -Mike

521.12.2005 3:33

It definately makes the site more user friendly. A great addition.

621.12.2005 4:06

at least now there is an easier way for one to introduce themselves...

721.12.2005 5:17

This also re-inforces the signature size rule. There is less need to have huge images for their signature, if there is a picture section to upload them to. -Mike

821.12.2005 5:30

Excellent feature that allows for expansion and improvement for years to come.

921.12.2005 11:25

this is a great...nice job afterdawn...

1021.12.2005 13:02

Nice this is going to be awesome. :D

1121.12.2005 15:38

I am really enjoying this new feature. Great Work aD!!

1222.12.2005 5:10

one word: amazing opps actually it was three but oh well now its actually sixteen words :) and a smiley face

1322.12.2005 8:55

Great so far. I feel important now that I have my own blog. lol. One bug though. When blogging the text I write goes off the screen and I cannot see what I'm writing. I hit enter at the end of the line to avoid this.

1422.12.2005 13:32
gibsonlpc

1522.12.2005 13:49

Make sure you let dRD know! -Mike

1622.12.2005 19:43
bliberal

I hope this works for everyone, but I cannot help wondering if it will make it easier for the RIAA types to find you.

1722.12.2005 19:49

I do not know of anything illegal going on at this site. Just discussion. Nothing more.

1823.12.2005 2:21

Yep!! They will know if it is you or not when they come to your door. :(

1923.12.2005 5:47
bliberal

I guess I was just being Paranoid. I know that nothing illegal is going on. What is illegal and unconstitutional is the current copyright law.

2023.12.2005 8:42

Please!!!! Even with all us not-so-know-it-alls participating, this seemed to be a helpful and professional approach to the subject matter of copying. Now you want to launch a garden party kind of approach for grannies and show-offs. I don't need it. Thank YOU!!!

2123.12.2005 15:18

The only way they can find you is by IP. Once they got your IP, then they have you. And they send a letter, they don't come to the door :) -Mike

2223.12.2005 15:19

Forgot to add, that the RIAA only sue you, or track you down if they have caught you in the act of distributing copyrighted music files without the owner's permission. Discussion etc.. they can't do anything about that. -Mike

2323.12.2005 17:20

Exactly.

2427.12.2005 20:17

Yea... this seems like a good idea!

255.9.2006 6:07

i love the profiles, its nice to knwo abotu the others and to share things about yourself.