Latest DSi firmware blocks flashcart usage

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 09 Sep 2010 12:09 User comments (14)

Latest DSi firmware blocks flashcart usage Nintendo has updated the system firmware for the DSi handheld this week, blocking a number of flashcarts regularly used by gamers to run homebrew and pirated games.
The previous DSi firmware update, released a year ago, enhanced the built-in browser, added the ability to upload photos to Facebook and some subtle anti-piracy measures.

This week's update does not improve anything, as Nintendo says "This update provides behind-the-scenes improvements to system performance."

TinyCartridge says the firmware, version 1.4.1U blocks the following carts: Acekard 2i, DSTTi, iPlayer, M3i Zero and the Supercard DSTwo.

Additionally, GBAtemp is reporting that Nintendo is prepping firmware 1.4.2C, which will block any remaining carts, such as the EZ-Flash Vi, iSmart DS and Hyper R4i.

Gamers can continue to run their homebrew and games as long as they choose to lose access to the Internet until the cart makers update their respective firmwares, as well.

19.9.2010 12:35

behind-the scens..hey nintendo whats long,fat kinda looks like a banana and rhymes with your company name? :)

29.9.2010 12:44

Seems like nintendo didn't forget about there piracy problem either thanks to sony lol

39.9.2010 15:31

This just the DSi or all DS models?

Just my $0.02,

dEwMe

49.9.2010 15:53

DSi only.

DSi and beyond are the only models with upgradeable firmware.

59.9.2010 19:21

Basically meaning were doing stuff that we don't want anyone to know about and users have to update anyway if they want internet access to continue. I can hear Nintendo doing the evil laugh now :) bwhahahaha :P

69.9.2010 20:21

Nintendo DSi now includes (Automated Micro EMP Nuke)A.M.E.N, which will activate upon Flash card detection.

Powered By

79.9.2010 23:21

Why must nintendo, sony, and microsoft all pass bad ideas around so often?

810.9.2010 1:36

Damn it feels good to be a DS lite gangsta.

X360 - iXtreme1.4 ||| Xbox - EvoX Dash ||| PS2 - CC 2.0 PRO SLE ||| Dreamcast ...lol ||| NDS - Acekard 2/M3 Simply/EZ Flash 3-1 ||| Rooted HTC Hero with Ic3rom

910.9.2010 3:45

Tsk.

I liked the look of the new DS2, I was hoping there'd be something similar for that.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

1010.9.2010 14:43

Ninten-DOH!

1112.9.2010 14:01

Pff I rather can get online than play pirated games

1212.9.2010 17:31

Originally posted by xaznboitx:
Pff I rather can get online than play pirated games
This is my feeling as well. However i do understand there is a time in everyones life that you go through this phase of being able of playing copied games on your home systems and speaking personally it wasn't that i wanted or needed to do it it. It was the fact that i taught myself and it was possible and after awhile the fascination was over and now with my new consoles my PS3 and Nintendo Wii i just leave them as they are and update it when it needs it.

1313.9.2010 2:01

Originally posted by borhan9:
Originally posted by xaznboitx:
Pff I rather can get online than play pirated games
NONSENSE!!! every thing must be Modded.....EVERYHTING!!! my lamp, my car, even my dog.

Powered By

1417.9.2010 12:03

Originally posted by DXR88:

Don't animal shelters mod their dogs before they're adopted. ;)