HTC announces Sensation XE with 1.5Ghz dual-core processor

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 14 Sep 2011 13:39 User comments (9)

HTC announces Sensation XE with 1.5Ghz dual-core processor HTC has announced their new "multimedia superphone," the Sensation XE.
The smartphone has a 4.3-inch qHD S-LCD display, runs on a 1.5GHz dual-core processor (the most powerful we've seen yet for a phone), has integrated Beats Audio and Sense 3.5.

Additionally, the phone has 768 MB RAM and will run on Android 2.3.6, upgradeable to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the future.

The Sensation XE is the first device with Beats Audio, the "high-end audio" company purchased by HTC in August. The device will ship with special Beats headphones.

Rounding out the specs, the XE has dual cameras, dual LED flash, quad-band GSM, dual-band 3G with HSPA support, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, FM radio, a standard 3.5mm audio jack, an MHL-enabled microUSB port and a microSD card slot if you need more storage.

The phone will launch later this year, likely with the standard $200 price tag with contract.

114.9.2011 15:12

hot

214.9.2011 17:40

Just found my next phone! Lol, so long as I've the money when it comes out. Thing looks sick.

But I'd have to root and go a non-Sense route once the option gets there, love the effects and everything just hate the resources it hogs.

~*Livin' Electronicallly*~

314.9.2011 20:02

built for at&t

414.9.2011 22:57

This really is a slap in the face. One of the biggest weaknesses of the Sensation 4G is the audio...not the audio to headphones, but the crummy device speakers and placement...and it does not look like they even addressed that (other than making the rear speaker hole a little smaller). No, instead they just tossed in a better set of non-bluetooth earbuds (the 4G comes with ear buds that are required to make the FM radio work even if you have bluetooth headphones...I am guessing this is the same deal). It is a smart phone, not an iPod...I don't want to carry around earbuds for my phone when I also need a bluetooth headset because even the face speaker is trash.

Originally posted by buxtahuda:

Before you go to buy it, find a flash video that you know has relatively low (but still reasonable) audio with people talking. When you get to the store, try watching this movie using the phone's built-in speaker. All of a sudden this "multimedia" phone won't seem quite as tempting.

515.9.2011 4:07
bman325i
Unverified new user

sweeeeeeeeeeet! i want this phone. built for T-Mobile.

615.9.2011 9:41

is nice, but they better keep up on what they say. The headphone looks cheap first of all, it looks like it is easy to break, the phone looks like EVO and Incredible mixed, the phone looks really sweet, but I really dislike using the radio if i have to use a headphone, but it probably won't matter cuz i use I<3 Radio app, so I can listen through bluetooth, I think Beats should come out with a bluetooth stereo headsets instead of wire headeset. I'm sick of head phone with wire, I have them and only use them while sports activities or studying. Bluetooth stereo headset will be a good invest by Beats if they are willing to do it, and should come out with this phone instead of the cheap wire Beats.

Being nice always has its own consequences

715.9.2011 11:14

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Lol, I'm currently on the HTC Vision/G2/DesireZ, so any speaker would probably be an improvement. It is sad that they've made a habit of using tinny little crap speakers even on the front, but what can you do? (Get a Motorola or Samsung? No thanks. Sony? They can go f*** themselves after what they've done to us with PS3's) I don't use the back speaker on phones anyway, if I'm listening to anything it's over a car stereo or my Jaybird Sportsband BT headset. I just like the look, front- and rear-facing cameras (something I should really have thought about, only thing I don't like about the G2 - but in every other regard it's the perfect phone for me), decent RAM. I just wonder the MP of the front camera, 3?

I just wish they'd come out with a decent phone that has a physical keyboard but also the dual cameras and LED's. And it wouldn't hurt to have at least one other speaker for those who do use the phone itself so we could get actual stereo sound. I understand weight and space constraints, but this would be the perfect upgrade from my current phone.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Sep 2011 @ 11:19

~*Livin' Electronicallly*~

815.9.2011 12:06

the Motorola Titan looks better.

915.9.2011 16:53

Originally posted by buxtahuda:
Originally posted by KillerBug:

the specs of this phone is really nice (check it out) I like the camera feature with the phone, of no waiting time for snapping a pic (8mp btw) it uses the EVO 3d HTC SENSE (the active lock screen as well), can connect to wifi printers, 1080p HD video record instead of 780p. You can read it all there :)

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Sep 2011 @ 16:57

Being nice always has its own consequences