Facebook unveils 'Facebook Camera'

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 24 May 2012 23:41 User comments (5)

Facebook unveils 'Facebook Camera' Facebook has unveiled their latest application for iOS today, called 'Facebook Camera.'
The app will make it easier for Facebook users to take pictures, edit them, and share them on the social networking site.

Says Dirk Stoop, a Facebook product manager for photos: "We can basically show you more photos on the app, so we can make a more immersive experience around your photos. On the side of publishing these photos, Facebook Camera lets you upload much higher resolution photos at up to 2,048 by 2,048 pixels wide."

As most active users know, the default for current pictures is much lower, usually in the 800x800 range.

Building on its acquisition of Instagram, the company has also added photo filters to Facebook. There will be 15 filters and also include cropping and straightening tools within the app.

Facebook recently acquired Instagram for $1 billion. The photo sharing app has 40 million users on Android and iOS.

More news

Related news

125.5.2012 1:58

I can't be bothered to use Facebook anymore. Anyone else feeling this way?

225.5.2012 7:19

Originally posted by Morreale:
I can't be bothered to use Facebook anymore. Anyone else feeling this way?
I thought I was the only one!

Trin - Making Digital Waves

325.5.2012 9:20

425.5.2012 14:48

Great, now users have easier access to post MORE pictures of people that were never asked permission to be posted online. I stopped using FB years ago. Tried it for a little while. I think it is a huge exploitation of human privacy. I shy away from anyone with a camera these days because you never know what's going to be on someones profile. My friends mom took pictures of us in the pool one day and I now I am on her FB in my bathing suit. Private profiles don't mean a thing when anyone can see the computer screen.

530.5.2012 1:09

Originally posted by 8686:
M/F?

:P

Someone told me once that theres a right and wrong, and that punishment would come to those
who dare to cross the line.
But it must not be true for jerk-offs like you.
Maybe it takes longer to catch a total asshole.