Vista / Win7 / Win8 / WinXP
It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998. Hundreds of developers around the world have contributed to it, and it it still under active development.
Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Multi-interface: Along with a standard GUI, Wireshark includes TShark, a text-mode analyzer which is useful for remote capture, analysis, and scripting
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- VoIP analysis
- Live capture and offline analysis are supported
- Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), NAI's Sniffer (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer Pro, NetXray, Sun snoop and atmsnoop, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, AIX's iptrace, Microsoft's Network Monitor, Novell's LANalyzer, RADCOM's WAN/LAN Analyzer, HP-UX nettl, i4btrace from the ISDN4BSD project, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, the pppd log (pppdump-format), the AG Group's/WildPacket's EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, Visual Networks' Visual UpTime and many others
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Hundreds of protocols are supported, with more being added all the time
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list, which eases analysis
Some Windows versions requires WinPcap to be installed.
wireshark network protocol analyzer
1License and operating system information is based on latest version of the software.
(No user ratings yet)