Win2k / Win98 / WinME / WinXP
Its features include:
· Queuing and downloading of multiple torrents. (Starting, stopping, pausing, queue up, queue down etc)
· Real-time list of peer addresses and their statistics. Reverse DNS toggle-able.
· Advanced Progress bar graphically illustrates which pieces of the file have been downloaded.
· A graph to display upload and download rates over time. Each torrent being downloaded has it's own graph record.
· Optional Web Interface for remote adminstration.
· Friends Priority System. Friends IP address can be set to get upload preference if they are downloading the same file.
· Temporary upload priority can be given to peers by right clicking them in the list.
· Peers can be banned by right clicking them in the list.
· With torrents that contain multiple files:
* The user can select the order they will download in.
o This is usefull in cases where you only really want 1 file in the torrent.
o Or need certain files to arrive before others.
o The client will not reject peers who want to upload but do not have pieces from the file that has the immediate download priority.
* Or they can be downloaded in a random order. (Rarest pieces first algorithm not withstanding)
o In most cases this is the best strategy. As it is benefits the overall health of the torrent by keeping a wide range of pieces available, and reduces reliance on seeders.
· "Fast Resume" capability.
* When restarting or resuming, the client will automatically reconnect to all of those peers you were connected when you either exited the client or paused a torrent.
· Detailed message view for statistics and error reporting.
· System tray icon graphically displays upload download statistics.
· Peer list view can identify and display what client the peer is using. (Azureus, Shadow, and other clients that identify themselves uniquely)
· Can be set to use user customizable folders for storing torrent and incoming files.
· User customizable automatic stopping criteria. Torrents can be set to stop:
1. Always automatically stop when download completes
2. Only when there other files in queue
3. Only After seeding for N period of time
4. Only After uploading N% or a ratio of what you have downloaded
5. Never automatically stop
· User customizable upload choker (the choker determines which peer you upload to):
· User customizable color settings to change look and feel.
· User customizable global upload rate.
· User customizable upload behavior (upload rate / number of uploads)
· User customizable listening ports, ip bindings
· Multi-Tracker support
· Utilizes the Bittorrent 3.4.1a code-base
· Written in Python. Utilizes wxWidgets.
For more information on setting up and using G3 Torrent please read our G3 Torrent guide.
g3 torrent bittorrent client advanced python original
1License and operating system information is based on latest version of the software.
(No user ratings yet)