Version history for Avira Free Antivirus
Changes for v11 - v184.108.40.2067
- Changes in 12:
- Increased stability and reliability - All components have been made more resilient in order to resist against targeted malware attacks which are more and more aggressive. This includes, but it is not limited to, the ability to function without many registry keys, better protection against process termination, component deletion and many others.The repair functionality for various malware families has been improved.
- Decreased resource usage and faster initialization time
- Many optimizations in all modules, re-usage and recycling of components that have already been loaded in memory lead to a lower memory consumption.Because the engine is loaded only once, the overall initialization time of all modules has been improved.
- Improved usability
- The usability of many actions which require user interaction or are used very often has been improved: installation, configuration and control of the user interface. Some places where an information slide-up had to be shown have been enhanced by adding the possibility to configure the features:- Protect Windows hosts file from changes
- - Block autostart function
- - Restart handling