Version history for BleachBit
Changes for v1.12 - v1.17 beta
- There is a fix for handling special characters in usernames (LP#1347644). If there is a bug in this fix, it could affect handling of a file with a normal name.
- The shredding of individual files for Windows for NTFS and FAT systems is improved.
- Files can be dragged dropped onto the BleachBit window for shredding.
- If you use a non-English language, check the translation system is working properly. Every string that is translated in Launchpad should be working in BleachBit. Any untranslated in BleachBit should not be translated in Launchpad. If a string is untranslated in BleachBit and does not exist in Launchpad, file a bug.
Changes for v1.1 Beta - v1.12
Changes for v1.0 - v1.1 Beta
- During installation disable shred integration. Then right click on a file in Windows Explorer and see the option is unavailable. Reinstall with the option enabled and verify the option is there.
- Wipe free disk space. BleachBit should not be unresponsive, and when it is done, there should be about the same amount of free disk space available. Try various file systems: ext3, ext4, FAT, NTFS
- Clean Warzone 3.1
Changes for v0.9.6 - v1.0
- The command line option --shred now shreds arbitrary files.
- Add Octave cleaner
- Add Warzone 2100 cleaner
- Clean recently played in VLC (thanks to nolme/Vincent DUVERNET - Nolmë Informatique)
- Google Chrome: Fix errors "Favicons is version 26" and "DatabaseError: no such column: full_path"
- Google Chrome: delete more cache
- Remove auto-hide option. (Before, it was a default.)
- Specific to Linux ?Coming soon: .deb package for Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander).
- Coming soon: .rpm package for openSUSE 11.4.
- Add SQLite3 cleaner
- Adobe Flash: clean NativeCache
- Specific to Windows ?The BleachBit executable and Windows installer are cryptographically signed, so you are sure no one has tampered with them. Windows should NOT give you the unknown publisher warning.
- BleachBit 1.0 Windows 8 User Access Control verified publisher
- Register verb (shortcut menu item) for shredding files.
- BleachBit 1.0 Windows 8 shred verb
- When updating winapp2.ini, automatically load changes without GUI restart
- Delete more system logs
- Clean more Adobe Flash
- Fix error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" when cleaning .ini with overwrite.
Changes for v0.9.5 - v0.9.6
- Improve wiping of free disk space
- Google Chrome: Fix error message no such table: keywords_backup: /home/foobar/.config/google-chrome/Default/Web Data
- Google Chrome: Fix error message Favicons is version 25
- Google Chrome: delete more cache
- Clean Apache OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
- Clean LibreOffice 4
- OpenOffice.org: if history file has not changed, do not save it
- Adobe Acrobat: use wildcards to generically support more versions (suggested by Gogeden)
- Do not clean VLC while it is running
- Specific to Windows
- Firefox: clean thumbnails
- Fix support for DetectOS option in Winapp2.ini. This option sets the required operating system version (XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc.)
- Add winapp2.ini: support arbitrary/custom LangSecRef
Changes for v0.9.4 - v0.9.5
- Google Chrome, Chromium: separate cleaning of passwords out of history into its own option
- Google Chrome: delete Flash cookies in Pepper Flash
- Google Chrome: delete more history
- Thunderbird: delete folder index files (.msf) thanks to BlackDex
- Clean out obsolete data (hashpath) in bleachbit.ini to reduce file size and improve privacy.
- Introduce a new GitHub repository for CleanerML development
- Move BleachBit source code repository, which is in SVN, to new address
- Specific to LinuxImprove compatibility of memory wiping with 64-bit systems
- Improve ability to run headless
- Support newer Linux kernels in memory cleaner by using new out-of-memory score adjustment /proc/pid/oom_score_adj
- Specific to WindowsImprove compatibility with Winapp2.ini: clean more junk and more accurately detect which options are relevant. (Add support for semicolons, DetectFile#=, Detect#=, and more sections.)
- Add command line option --update-winapp2 to update winapp2.ini. (Can be combined with --clean or --preview and --list.)
- Windows: introduce higher resolution application icon
- Windows: add transparency to application icon