Version history for AxCrypt (32- and 64-bit)
Changes for v2.1.1534.0 - v2.1.1536
- Minor update with bug fixes, UI performance improvements and maintenance work.
- Change log
- #377: Re-encrypted documents revert to AES-128 even if Premium under certain conditions
- #376: Incorrect handling of blocked UI thread may cause crash
- #375: Re-implement IMainUI to use a stack of states for enabling / disabling the UI
- #352: When signing up, focus is not set in ‘Verification Code’ field
- #256: Additional confirmation for passsword after signing up
- #53: Translations and texts maintenance.
Changes for v2.1.1399.0 - v2.1.1409
- #149: Problem with decrypting 128-bit encrypted files with asymmetric key
- #148: Add file name to exception message in some circumstances
- #147: Add German as a language choice
Changes for v1.7.2687.0 - v1.7.2867.0
- - Add: Support build using free tools VC++ Express 2010, MSBuild etc.
- - Bug: Copy Meta Info did not work in x64 version. [Internal]
- - Chg: Implement installer bootstrapper to support Win32 and x64 in a single installer.
- - Chg: Add OpenCandy installer offer in the private build.
- - Chg: Major refactorisation of the build and dependency handling.
Changes for v1.7.1864 Beta - v1.7.1878.0 Beta
- Bug: Comment switch -y and -Y did not work. 
- Bug: Exectuable file spoofing exploit possible. Now asks before starting an exe. 
- Bug: Allow *.* as file filter for non-standard key files. 
- Bug: Only ask once when wiping many files, and take no for an answer the first time. 
- Bug: Test for display of decrypt menu was case sensitive. 
Changes for v188.8.131.52 - v1.6b4.2
- Windows Vista has introduced a brilliant new feature in the name of security (sic!) which causes the address space of processes to be randomly assigned. This caused a latent bug to surface, causing random crashes and taskbar freezes. Another latent bug caused Vista to silently kill the process instead of showing it's exception dialog. In the end a rather major edit with lots of cleanup as a result.
Changes for v1.6.4 - v184.108.40.206
- Fixed a major issue with not using provided passphrase when encrypting
- in batch files via the command line.
Changes for v1.6b3.3 - v1.6.4
- Final release of the changes in 1.6b3.1 through 1.6b.3.3 plus a few
- minor changes.
Changes for v1.6.3 - v1.6b3.3
- Include AxCrypt2Go beta in the distribution. Enable use of Unicode
- filenames (legacy versions will use translated name).
- Further changes to make it more Vista-aware. The largest change is
- re-compilation as a full Unicode application and dropping support for
- Windows 95, 98, ME and NT. We're no open for translations to more
- languages, as we're not limited in the texts. Filenames are still
- stored in Ansi only, will be fixed in next version.
- Minor bugfixes, but major upgrade of library code and development-
- environment to Visual Studio 2005. Vista support in installer and code.
- Fix of problem with networked folders in Windows XP after Microsoft
- security update.