Version history for Bulk Rename Utility
Changes for v220.127.116.11 - v18.104.22.168
- Fixed an issue on Windows 8.1 which could cause Bulk Rename Utility to freeze or start very slowly
Changes for v22.214.171.124 - v126.96.36.199
- Restored “Bulk Rename Here” Windows Explorer extension.
- Correctly extract “Date Taken” field for pictures edited on Windows 7 and Vista.
- New program icon.
Changes for v188.8.131.52 - v184.108.40.206
- Added ability to browse for folder in “jump to path” action.
- Treat EXIF timestamps individually.
Changes for v220.127.116.11 - v18.104.22.168
- Allow new %z tag to add the file size
- 64-bit version now handles the Bulk Rename Here installation
- New version of PCRE supplied (version 7.5)
- Add new “WordSpace Additions” feature
- Ensure that GUI is updated during long rename operations
- Make better use of hourglass icon
- Unable to sort by MP3 track number
Changes for v22.214.171.124 - v126.96.36.199
- Prevent crash when encountering zero-byte MP3 files
- Change the way that A-Z and a-z autonumber padding works
- Attempt to process malformed EXIF headers
- Allow for > 20 sections within EXIF
- Allow the root to be Desktop (NB READ Forum Announcement!)
Changes for v188.8.131.52 - v184.108.40.206
- Reinstate visual styles (some people like them, apparently)
- Timestamp and File Attribute settings now stored in Favourites files
- Handle additional TIFF structures
- Document root now My Computer instead of Desktop (sorry, but it has to be)
- Allow Insert At and Autonumber At to be negative (e.g. position from end)
- Ensure that Escape key can cancel a scan
- Disable Ctrl+A whilst scan is in progress
- Timestamp dialog reformatted to accommodate new fields.
- Allow the timestamps to be set to the "date taken" value
- Include the Formatted file-size (220.127.116.11) in the Clipboard Copy feature
- Timestamp "set to modified" was not reflected in the file list
- Clipboard Copy feature had misleading size for Folders
- Prevent screen corruption when closing whilst minimised.
- Prevent error on timestamp screen in non-GMT locales
- Remove the mysterious "D" from the Timestamp screen
Changes for v18.104.22.168 - v22.214.171.124
- Allow control over the file-size display unit (B, KB, MB, GB, Mixed)
- Allow the filename segment to be reversed
Changes for v126.96.36.199 - v188.8.131.52
- EXIF tag support now extended to include TIFF, .CR2, .NEF files
- Prevent conflict with %e and %eb (Exposure Bias now %xb)
Changes for v184.108.40.206 - v220.127.116.11
- Improve the screen functionality on the “Character Translations” dialogue.
- Increase the no. translations from 200 to 500 (and display warning if excess)
Changes for v18.104.22.168 - v22.214.171.124
- Allow Autonumbering to reset on a change of subfolder
- Allow EXIF “User Comments” tags
- Allow EXIF “Exposure Bias” tags
- ID3/EXIF tags now specified inside the Prefix/Suffix/Insert fields
- Seek confirmation from the user before performing an “Undo”
- Include the MP3 track number as a column
- Allow the “not” operator (“!”) in the filename-filter box
- Fix minor issue with the “Move n to pos n” function
- EXIF logic was aborting early on certain files.
Changes for v126.96.36.199 - v188.8.131.52
- Active Criteria groups are now shown with coloured text, rather than background
- Case-change exceptions now use colons for delimiters (allowing spaces)
- Roman Numerals dropdown didn’t expand with mouse (OK with keyboard)
- Favourites Name on status bar incorrect when loaded from MRU list
Changes for v184.108.40.206 - v220.127.116.11
- Allow sorting of files and folders together, instead of grouping them
- Allow 'tree' window to be hidden (F11)
- Algorithm for sorting files has been made more robust (hopefully)
- Optimisation of internal code sections for speed improvements
Changes for v18.104.22.168 - v22.214.171.124
- Provide new option to crop text from within a name, using a wildcard.
- Provide new option to debug a filename (e.g. to show how the name is derived)
- Context menu did not work in Unicode builds
Changes for 126.96.36.199 Beta - v188.8.131.52
- Escape key can be used to abort a scanning operation
- New option to process files in reverse sequence
- Trying to launch a 2nd instance now correctly updates the 1st instance
- Additional version with native 64-bit compilation (fast!)
- New option to retain autonumber between operations
- Extensions in filenames can now be ignored (much like for Folders)
- Minor screen reformatting
- All files now built using Visual Studio 2005 instead of Visual Studio 6
- Fix crash on Windows 2000 (only 2000) when using Logical Sorting
- Inconsistent handling of hidden folders in the tree
Changes for v184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 Beta
- This version contains no new functionality, but it has been compiled agaisnt the latest Microsoft libraries. The end result is a larger, but MUCH fast utility.
Changes for v18.104.22.168 - v22.214.171.124
- Enhanced removal of accented characters on Unicode
- Warning message on Timestamp dialog was using wrong conditions
- Preview showed wrong Modified date in specific situation
Changes for v126.96.36.199 - v188.8.131.52
- + Allow extended details to be copied to the clipboard
- + Allow Modified and Accessed timestamps to be the same as Created
- + Reformat a couple of dialogue windows
- + Autonumber options a-z and A-Z now pad with a or A.
- + Allow special value of “:” in the autonumber separator field (see help file)
- -- Significant changes specifically for one organisation. Not publicly available.
Changes for v184.108.40.206 - v220.127.116.11
Changes for v18.104.22.168 - v22.214.171.124
- Provide new Invert Selections menu item/key press.
- Allow the columns to be moved into a different order
- New option to allow accented characters to be removed (and converted into non-accented equivalents)
Changes for v126.96.36.199 - v188.8.131.52