Version history for FileSearchy
Changes for v1.41 - v1.42
- Panels become invisible after relaunch sometimes.
- Fixed margins and colors of columns in results table.
- Drive can not be indexed, if there is another drive in the system with the same volume serial number.
- Database rebuid hangs sometimes.
Changes for v1.31 - v1.4
- New improved user interface (toolbars, dockable windows).
- Ctrl-C keyboard shortcut didn't work on "Matches" tab.
Changes for v1.3 - v1.31
- Czech language added.
- Enable renaming files in "Results list" with F2.
- "Results list" is always sorted.
- Added an option to save all tabs on exit.
- Saving updates of files index didn't working.
- The main window size was restored incorrectly.
- FileSearchy was blocking Windows XP shutdown.
Changes for v1.22 - v1.3
- Boolean expressions using keywords "and", "or", "not", brackets (Pro version).
- Search multiple words on the same line (Pro version).
- Search for several words when they are separated with space.
- Show history of instant searches.
- Option to show full matched lines (via context menu).
- Hide a repeating part of a path in results.
- Search using 32-bit IFilters didn't word for a 64-bit OS.
- Main window looked incorrect on Windows XP with classic theme.
Changes for v1.2 - v1.21
- Exclude a path from indexing.
- Explorer integration is now enabled by default.
- Search inside drives mapped to a local folder didn't work.
- Cancel of a content search was slow.
Changes for v1.11 - v1.2
- Search contents of eBooks (EPUB, FB2, MOBI) (Pro only).
- German, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian languages.
- Jump from matches to file contents with a double click.
- File contents can be word wrapped.
- Improved content search speed by using multiple cores.
- Show file size in Bytes if they are less than 1 KB.
- Crash when searching a non-existing path.
- Size of files larger than 2 GB was displayed incorrectly.
- Incorrect result filtering by minimum size larger than 2 GB.
Changes for v1.01 - v1.11
- French language.
- High CPU usage in idle state.
- Non functioning menu item was added to folder's context menu.
- Dialog to select file names was sometimes opening in the wrong position.
- New view that shows only the lines with matches.
- 64-bit IFilters support.
- Polish language.
- Japanese language.
- Search in Microsoft Office documents didn't work on some systems.
- Search on network drive didn't work sometimes.
Changes for v0.94 beta - v1.01
- Browse directory dialog was sometimes opened after a big delay.
- Ctrl-C key shortcut didn't work on file contents area.
- User interface was showing incorrectly on high DPI display settings.
- Filter bar (Pro only).
- Export to CSV (Pro only).
- Local help added.
- Hide advanced options.
- "Search" menu didn't show sometimes.
Changes for v0.93 beta - v0.94 beta
- - Set focus on name field on tab creation.
- - Switch focus between name field and results table in instant mode by using TAB key.
- - Open instant mode on the first launch.
- - File remained in results after being deleted.
- - First column was hardly visible when selected and not in focus.
- - Some search parameters were not restored on restart.
- - Clearing the history sometimes caused a crash.
Changes for v0.92 beta - v0.93 beta
- - Simplified Chinese, Greek localization.
- - Added a button to switch between instant and advanced modes.
- - Added a button to create a new search.
- - Enter key didn't open a file when results list had focus.
- - Window size and position were not restored on relaunch.
Changes for v0.91b - v0.92 beta
- - Russian localization.
- - Added an option to change index location.
- - Ability to search a folders without subfolders.
- - Search inside Microsoft Office documents didn't work on Windows XP x32.
- - Clicking tray icon sometimes didn't bring the application to foreground.