Version history for Foobar 2000 (Portable)
Changes for v1.5.3 - v1.5.4
- Pointed freedb metadata lookup at freedb.dbpoweramp.com, since original freedb is being shut down.
- Beta 2: more graceful import of custom server lists when upgrading from older version.
- Corrected a 1.5.3 regression causing certain very short MP4/M4A files to decode incorrectly.
- Internal changes to allow add-on components to correctly decode xHE-AAC format.
- Allowed multi-value ID3v2 tags: TPUB (Publisher) and TLAN (Language).
Changes for v1.5.2 - v1.5.3
- Crash bug fixes.
- Made component autoupdate show change logs before updating.
- Made possible for components to provide alternate decoders for AAC format versions not supported by the internal decoder.
- Made Default UI volume sliders alter volume in 0.5dB steps (beta 3).
- Improved responses to Windows Defender blocking tag update operations (beta 4-6).
- Fixed resampler crashing on exotic sample rates (final).
Changes for v1.5.1 - v1.5.2
- Fixed a bug in IMA ADPCM WAV decoder.
- Improved handling of truncated Matroska/WebM files.
- Fixed incorrect handling of MP4/M4A files with QuickTime chapters.
- Rare shutdown crash fixed.
- Updated Apple SoundCheck info handling.
Changes for v1.5 - v1.5.1
- Reworked integration with Windows 10 Universal Volume Control. Enabled by default once again.
- Fixed a bug in upmix DSPs causing incorrect behavior when working with a mono source.
- Improved reading of certain malformed ID3 tags written by other software.
- Generic progress dialog now shows yellow pause status when paused.
- Generic progress dialog no longer remembers its last position.
- File Operations: improved removal of empty folders; should no longer leave empty folders behind when cancelled in mid-operation.
- Installed component DLLs should now retain original file modification time, rather than time at which they were installed.
- Addressed some of known incompatibilities between foobar2000 v1.5 and third party components.
- Made Converter not write MP3 files with embedded cuesheets. This was an unintended effect of a v1.5 change. A proper setting for this will be added at a later time.
- Improved Converter feedback when trying to convert a multichannel track to MP3 or MPC, which accept no more than two channels.
- Fixed a bug causing wrong playback position to be shown after listening to an internet radio.
Changes for v1.4.4 - v1.5
- New and improved Properties dialog, with the ability to manipulate attached pictures as well as scan and modify ReplayGain values.
- Greatly improved Selection Properties performance for large track lists.
- Various prompts (such as delete/recycle) now come with a “do not show this again” checkbox.
- Restored pre-1.4 behavior of main-window-hidden/notification-icon-only status being remembered after foobar2000 restart.
- Added logging of Media Library scanning errors - “show errors” button in Media Library Preferences.
- Added Advanced Preferences option for flushing playback queue on manual track change (default: on).
- Made “Open containing folder” command work with tracks in archives - opens folder containing the archive.
- Added an option to preserve last-modified timestamps of tracks when updating tags.
- Additional safeguards against corrupted configuration in case of a system crash while saving (FlushFileBuffers).
- File Operations: delete/recycle prompt always says “Delete” rather than “Recycle”, since not every volume supports recycle action.
- FFmpeg 3.4.6, now compiled with MS compiler, binary size reduced due to DLL runtime.
- FLAC 1.3.3
- Implemented reading of cue+bin audio CD images.
- Implemented asynchronous drag&drop, for less stalls when dragging tracks from foobar2000 to another program.
- Removed transacted filesystem support. There are no known benefits to it and even Microsoft documentation says not to use it.
- Improved programming interfaces for External Tags and Skip Track components.
- Made album art loading/resizing operations in Default User Interface asynchronous. Large pictures no longer make the app momentarily unresponsive.
- Converter: Added Opus encoder selection for –music / –speech modes.
- Converter: New list control in various dialogs. Column sizes are remembered.
- Improved playback position reporting with Skip Silence and similar DSP effects.
- Made possible to check for updates of components listed but not hosted on foobar2000.org.
- Enabled embedded cuesheet support for MP3 files.
- Made WavPack/DSD MD5 visible - using another field so Verifier doesn't try to verify it.
Changes for v1.4.2 - v1.4.4
- Fixed drag&drop glitches on Windows 10 with multiple monitors having different pixel densities.
- Regardless, this is still a bug in Windows 10, not in foobar2000.
- Fixed Default UI preferences groups & columns drag&drop glitches.
- Fixed incorrect formatting of written EXTM3U playlists.
- Fixed incorrect truncation of specific long filenames in File Operations.
- Fixed unnecessary reopening of remote files being played.
- Fixed playback marker in playlists not being correctly retained in some conditions.
- Improved internal IMA ADPCM WAV decoder (fixed rounding errors, fixed incorrect output duration).
- foobar2000 now refuses to open 24-bit WMA lossless files on Windows 10 - which would otherwise decode incorrectly.
- You can work around it by feeding WMA files to foo_input_ffmpeg component.
Changes for v1.4.1 - v1.4.2
- Added new iTunes ID3 classical fields.
- Improved playlist behaviors when deleting the now playing file.
- ReplayGain apply-gain-and-prevent-clipping no longer presumes 1.0 peak when peak is unknown.
- Fixed occasional errors when saving configuration.
- Converter: Improved behavior when output file names repeat.
- Fixed HTTP client bugs (internet radio, network shares).
- Made MP4 files with missing duration info playable.
- Windows 10 Universal Volume Control integration disabled by default due to bugs. This should address “multimedia keys don't work” issues.
- Fixed a bug that would cause spurious rewrites of certain configuration files [beta 2].
- Made default MP4 handler gracefully fail to decode files with no supported audio tracks - so another decoder lower on the list can handle them [beta 2].
- Worked around an “Open…” dialog lockup with lots and lots of supported file formats provided by third party components [final].