Version history for GlassWire
Changes for v2.1.167 - v2.2.201
- GlassWire now uses an improved remote access system for remote monitoring.
- This system is not compatible with our previous system so you'll need to update your client and server software both with this new version. If you do not have access to your remote server due to quarantine or for some other reason, you should not upgrade this version. If you need our old version it is available here for download.
- GlassWire memory and disk usage resource improvements.
- Go to the top left menu to use our new free dark "asphalt" theme!
- GlassWire now starts faster.
- DNS resolving is now improved.
- Graph data loading is now faster and improved.
- VirusTotal analyzing is now faster.
- Go to the top left menu "settings" to change GlassWire's speed units.
- Subscriptions can now be extended if you go to the top right "About" menu.
- You can now easily change change the remote access IP address.
- The year was added to the alerts tab and calendar.
- The date was added to the "while you were away" alert.
- We fixed a problem with our Korean translation.
- Things device discovery and DNS resolving is now improved.
- Fixed a medium severity issue reported to our HackerOne bug bounty program about a theoretical filesystem data corruption due to the privileges granted to its service.
Changes for v2.0.80 - v2.0.84
- Fixed a bug that caused our "Ask to connect" mode to work incorrectly for some users.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to crash when dragging GlassWire between two monitors.
- Made changes to GlassWire to avoid false positives from Windows Defender.
- Improved the upgrade process from GlassWire 1.X to GlassWire 2.X.
- Solved a problem where some GlassWire users could not switch on the GlassWire firewall setting.
- Updated the "Usage" tab so it fixes a problem that caused some GlassWire users to see incorrect usage stats.
- Many other fixes and improvements.
Changes for v1.2.120 - v2.0.78
- Our major GlassWire 2.0 update is finally here and there are a lot of changes and major new features!
- GlassWire now has a completely new interface with high resolution monitor support.
- We have improved our "Usage" screen after hearing your feedback. You can now select day, week, month, or other custom intervals easier.
- Firewall Profiles! Go to the Firewall tab and choose "Firewall Profiles" to create and save a profile. You can make one profile for public WiFi, and another for home use. Make as many profiles are you need.
- The GlassWire firewall is now optimized to work better with Windows, plus our firewall rules now synchronize with the Windows Firewall. GlassWire now also checks the integrity of the Windows Firewall on every startup, and can restore itself if changes were made without your knowledge.
- VirusTotal API support. Go to GlassWire's settings to analyze your network-related files with VirusTotal manually, or automatically.
- WiFi Evil Twin Alerts! Get notified if a known Wi-Fi access point becomes unprotected or its MAC address is changed. Help protect yourself from Wi-Fi pineapple attacks.
- You can now choose between system time format and a time format for the native selected language in GlassWire's settings.
- It's now possible to switch on/off GlassWire's "Things" network scanning in GlassWire's settings.
- You can now establish a remote connection by hostname, instead of by IP address.
- GlassWire now has a free 7 day trial of its paid software for free users! Now you can see what you're missing if you only have the free version of GlassWire.
- GlassWire 2.0 is a free upgrade for 1.0 users. If you run into any activation issues please email us so we can help you get your free upgrade.
Changes for v1.2.74 - v1.2.76
- Removed an old unreliable cipher between the client and the service to improve connection security.
- Changed the default listening port to port 7010 to avoid false positive scans for some security software. This means that you must install GlassWire locally and on your remote servers for this update or the connection will not work.
- Fixed a problem where some free users would see a crash when trying to start a remote connection to another PC or server.
- Graph history is now more securely erased when cleared by the user.
- Local traffic is detected even more accurately now.
Changes for v1.2.71 beta - v1.2.73
- GlassWire is now out of beta.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect IP sorting on the network tab.
- Usage showed incorrect local/external traffic counting in some cases.
- Fixed a problem with the usage calendar user interface.
- Many minor fixes and stability improvements due to user feedback.
Changes for v1.0.43 beta - v1.0.44 beta
- This update is signed with a new SHA256 certificate plus it also has some minor bug fixes.
Changes for v1.0.30 beta - v1.0.35 beta
- GlassWire is now translated to German, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese. Go to the top left "GlassWire" menu to choose your language.
- If GlassWire itself is blocked from accessing the Internet the firewall will warn you that you may miss software updates and your suspicious host list won't be updated.
- Rate limiting added for remote servers.
- We fixed many bugs reported by users. Thank you for your support and happy holidays!
Changes for v1.0.25 beta - v1.0.28 beta
- – User interface optimizations including showing “away” time in the bottom mini graph and darker easier to read text.
- – Security improvements including remote access passwords encrypted on the hard drive and remote access rate limiting along with a password strength indicator.
- – There were also quite a few bug fixes, for example if you had trouble making a remote connection this bug is now fixed. We also improved GlassWire’s resource usage and we’ll continue to do so even more as time goes on. Some crashes users reported were also fixed. Also now users without an admin password on their computer (not recommended) can change GlassWire’s settings.
Changes for v1.0.21 beta - v1.0.23 beta
- Service description added to the Windows Service Manager.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused GlassWire to crash if the Windows Firewall was disabled.
- Alert numbers added to the GlassWire taskbar icon.
- Ugly font problems some users experienced on Surface tablets and other hardware fixed.
- Pin to taskbar is now unchecked by default in the installer.
- Fixed a problem where GlassWire looked ugly in remote desktop sessions.
- Fixed a driver issue where some users reported a BSOD.Fixed a problem where some users saw only "visualizing network" with no graph data.
- Many other small bug fixes and improvements. Thank you for your feedback and bug reports.