Version history for Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
Changes for v8.05 - v8.06
- Added Office Professional Plus 2010 Academic; fixed link for Windows 7 (August 2018) Ultimate x64; important notice about the upcoming blackout day on 21 March.
Changes for v8.03 - v8.05
- Fixed broken "copy link" buttons; fixed incorrect Windows 7 (August 2018) links.
- Version 8.04 (11 March 2019): Throttled Windows 7 and Office 2010 link generation due to blocking by Microsoft; currently available Windows 7 and Office 2010 language editions have green text colour in the dropdown; added Windows 7 (August 2018 update); removed Windows 8.1 LE; added Insider and developer versions up to build 18351.
Changes for v8.02 - v8.03
- Small fix in Russian localization; updated to Bootstrap 4.3.1; made TLS 1.2 protocol non-mandatory
Changes for v8.01 - v8.02
- Updated Dutch and Russian localization; bugfix in Chinese localization; bugfix in accessibility; added a few DELL models and images; added Office 2019 for Mac build 16.22; added Insider and developer versions up to build 18334.
Changes for v8.00 - v8.01
- Critical fix for Win 7 and Office 2010 downloads for IE8 and IE9 users; updated link to YouTube channel; added Insider and developer versions up to build 18323.
Changes for v7.31 - v7.35
- Removed obsolete downloads for Office for Mac 2016/2019; added Window 7 Ultimate Retail.
Changes for v7.20 - v7.31
- Added Office 2019 for Mac build 16.20; added the latest developer and Insider versions up to build 18290; completed Brazilian localization; various small bug fixes.
Changes for v7.11 - v7.20
- Added Windows 7 Home Basic; added Dell OEM images (experimental); added Office 2019 for Mac builds 16.18 and 16.19; removed warning from October 2018 Update; added the latest developer and Insider versions up to build 18282; removed XDK permanently; updated Luminati API; improved German localization; default security protocol TLS 1.2; updated donation link; hash calculation for large files optional.
Changes for v7.10 - v7.11
- Fixed links for Office 2019 for Mac; added button to the new YouTube channel; added link to the new blog post about our legal dispute with Amazon.com; moved Windows 10 October 2018 Update underneath April 2018 Update, and added a warning.
Changes for v6.22 - v7.00
- Added new "ISO Tools" with hash verifier and ei.cfg and cversion.ini remover; added the latest developer and Insider versions up to build 17758; added Office 2016 for Mac build 16.16; added placeholder for Office 2019.
Changes for v6.21 - v6.22
- Added the latest developer and Insider versions up to build 17749; fixed all display and functional issues with Internet Explorer 8 and 9; new minimum requirement IE 8; updated to Bootstrap 4.1.3.
Changes for v6.20 - v6.21
- Added the latest developer and Insider versions up to build 17744; added Office 2016 for Mac build 16.16; added Office 2010 Personal.
Changes for v6.15 - v6.20
- Redesigned side bar; improved localization and accessibility; fixed missing login to Microsoft account and other display issues; temporarily removed XDK; added the latest developer and Insider versions up to build 17728.
Changes for v6.14 - v6.15
- Added Windows 7 Professional COEM; added the latest developer and Insider versions up to build 17723.
Changes for v5.27 - v5.28
- Added Windows 10 build 17046 (including developer tools); restored original language settings; removed navigation bar
Changes for v5.25 - v5.27
- Improved error handling and performance; added Windows 10 build 17040 (including developer tools); added Office 2016 for Mac build 15.40.
- Version 5.26 (16 November 2017): Fixed Portuguese localization; temporarily overwritten some language settings to English (US); added Honolulu Technical Preview and Windows 10 build 17035 (including developer tools).
Changes for v5.21 - v5.25
- Made .NET 4.7 the default framework; disabled Luminati for users without .NET 3.5.
Changes for v5.20 - v5.21
- Improved error handling; removed Windows 10 OEM/COEM.
Changes for v5.10 - v5.20
- Tabbed software selection and settings; improved error handling; fixed errors in Spanish and Italian localization; added button to hash archive; fixed broken UI at 125% system font size; added Windows 10 builds 16267, 16278, 16279 and 16288 (including developer tools).
Changes for v5.09 - v5.10
- Improved error handling; added Windows 10 builds 16250, 16251 and 16257 (including developer tools).
Changes for v5.08 - v5.09
- Developer Recovery for Xbox One; replaced link to FAQ with link to support forum.
Changes for v5.07 - v5.08
- Added back Office 2007 (experimental); added Windows 10 builds 16241 and 16247 (developer tools).
Changes for v5.06 - v5.07
- Added Windows Server build 16237, and Windows 10 builds 16225, 16226, 16232 and 16237, and Office 2016 for Mac builds 15.35 and 15.36.
Changes for v5.05 - v5.06
- Asian language systems; fixed issues in Chinese (traditional) localization.
Changes for v5.04 - v5.05
- Default font "Segoe UI" for better experience on East Asian language systems; separated out developer downloads from Windows Insider downloads.
Changes for v5.03 - v5.04
- Added back Office 2010 (experimental).
Changes for v5.02 - v5.03
- Full localization for Bulgarian, Finnish and Serbian.
Changes for v5.01 - v5.02
- Localized language drop down for Windows 7; disable controls while retrieving Windwos 7 languages lis
Changes for v5.00 - v5.01
- Added back Windows 7 (experimental) and Office 2011; updated to .NET Framework 4.6.2; open all external links in default browser; removed legacy version support; improved error handling.
Changes for v4.37 - v5.00
- New branding; added Windows 10 build 16293 SDK and others; added Office 2016 for Mac; temporarily removed Windows 7 and Office 2007/2010/2011; fixed issues in Italian localization; added Live login button to access Windows Insider Preview ISO files; fixed issue in mailing list to include all file descriptions of new downloads; added version information to title bar.
Changes for v4.36 - v4.37
- Renewed certificate keys, added Office 2016 Professional Plus and Office 2016 Personal, fixed links for Serbian Office 2013 and Office 2016.
Changes for v4.35 - v4.36
Changes for v4.34 - v4.35
Changes for v4.33 - v4.34
- Bugfixes and improved error handling in form submission for the mailing list subscription.
Changes for v4.32 - v4.33
- Added OEM/COEM downloads for Windows 10 versions 1703 and 1607. Renamed Windows 10 version 1703 to "March 2017". Added registration popup for the mailing list. Legacy version of the download tool will no longer receive updates (version 4.32 ist the final version, will remain available for download, and new downloads will be added through server updates).
Changes for v4.30 - v4.32
- Fixed 2 issues in Estonian localization.
Changes for v4.23 - v4.30
- Added Windows 10 Version 1703 (Redstone 2 / Creators Update). Fixed links for Windows 10 build 14965, fixed bug in Office 2013/2016 link copy buttons, added auto discovery of downloads under "New Additions", added a mailing list that sends out email notification whenever new downloads are discovered.
Changes for v4.21 - v4.23
- Added Windows 10 build 15063.
- Version 4.22: Added Windows 10 build 15058.
Changes for v4.20 - v4.21
- Added Windows 10 builds 15048, 15051 and 15052.
Changes for v4.15 - v4.20
- Added Windows 10 builds 15042 and 15043; new button to go to F.A.Q. from the application.
- Version 4.19 (28 February 2017): Fixed another bug in localization of expert view tooltip.
- Version 4.18 (25 February 2017): Fixed bug in localization of expert view tooltip.
- Version 4.17 (13 February 2017): Full localization for Czech
- Version 4.16 (12 February 2017): Full localization for Slovak. Fixed bug in Hungarian UI.
Changes for v4.14 - v4.15
- Full localization for Slovenian
Changes for v4.13 - v4.14
- Added Windows 10 Build 15021, 15025 and 15026.
Changes for v4.10 - v4.13
- Added Windows 10 Build 15002 and 15003, fixed bug in Czech UI.
- Version 4.12 (12 January 2017): Full localization for Hungarian, removed warning popup for IE versions 7 through 10, and some minor fixes and optimizations.
- Version 4.11 (22 December 2016): Added Windows 10 Build 14986
Changes for v4.03 - v4.08
- Full localization for Norwegian.
- Version 4.07 (4 November 2016): Fixed Norwegian localization; added minimize button.
- Version 4.06 (2 November 2016): Fixed Thai and Chinese (traditional) localizations.
- Version 4.05 (25 October 2016): Fixed issue in link copy buttons. Increased main window size.
- Version 4.04 (22 October 2016): Fixed error handling for HOSTS file detector. Converted expert view warning popup to balloon help.
Changes for v4.02 - v4.03
- Fixed links for Office 2010 Pro Plus Academic.
Changes for v4.01 - v4.02
- Added links for Windows 10 build 14931.
Changes for v3.18 - v4.01
- Added strong name verification.
- Version 4.00 (24 September 2016): Office 2013 and 2016 download link creator, fallback to offline version when heidoc.net server is down, code optimizations and security patches.
Changes for v3.13 - v3.18
- Improved detector for HOSTS file modifications, removal of code that caused false alerts in anti virus tools, full localization for Polish.
- Version 3.17 (8 September 2016): Full localization for Dutch and Hebrew.
- Version 3.16 (6 September 2016): Updated localization of almost all languages.
- Version 3.15 (1 September 2016): Added error handling around Windows HOSTS file and the new "expert view", switched Slovenian and Slovakian language files, added translation of new features in several languages.
- Version 3.14 (29 August 2016): Full localization for Ukrainian, added expert and non-expert views for software selection, added note to request localization help for remaining languages
Changes for v3.12 - v3.13
- Added links for Windows 10 build 14393.
- Full localization for Japanese.
Changes for v3.11 - v3.12
- Full localization for Croatian and Greek, localization of version selection dropdown, performance improvements through caching.
Changes for v3.09 - v3.11
- Full localization for Thai and Estonian.
- Version 3.10
- Full localization for Romanian and Latvian, fixed Italian UI, added language selector, added rapid reload between software versions.
Changes for v3.08 - v3.09
- Full localization for Danish, Portuguese and Italian.
- Added Redstone 1 Update.
Changes for v3.05 - v3.08
- Full localization for Arabic.
- Version 3.07:
- Full localization for Chinese (traditional, Taiwan), Swedish, Russian, Korean, Turkish, partial localization for about 30 further languages.
- Version 3.06:
- Changed main download source to Windows 10 ISO download page, disabled fallback to Windows Insider, added link to Office Deployment Tool blog post.
Changes for v3.04a - v3.05
- Fallback to Windows Insider download while TechBench is offline.
Changes for v3.02 - v3.04a
- Added links for Windows 10 build 14376, full localization for Chinese (simplified)
- Improved Chinese localization.
Changes for v2.03 - v3.02
- Fixed incorrect link for Office 2007 Arabic.
- Server update to remove Office 2007 as well as Office 2010 Standard and Pro Plus. Microsoft currently doesn't provide those files. No need to re-download the tool.
- Server update to add Office 2007 back.
- Version 3.00
- Added links for Office 2011, added links for Windows 10 build 14366, added extensive error handling, removed tweak for Office 2007 Arabic, full localization for German, partial localization for French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Chinese, updated to Visual Studio 2015 Update 3.
- Version 3.01
- Added even more error handling, full localization for French and Portuguese
- Version 3.02
- Full localization for Spanish thanks to Melerix.
- Server update to add more Office 2010 options.
Changes for v2.01 - v2.03
- Added Threshold 2 April Update (old version receive this automatically as well); keep copy buttons active after click on download button; clipboard error handling. Version 2.03 (7 June 2016): Fixed incorrect link for Office 2007 Arabic. 12 June 2016: Server update to remove Office 2007 as well as Office 2010 Standard and Pro Plus. Microsoft currently doesn't provide those files. No need to re-download the tool.
Changes for v2.00 - v2.01
- Added links back to HeiDoc.Net to pages with direct downloads for Office 2013 and Office 2016
Changes for v1.03 - v2.00
- Added download options for Office 2007 and 2010