Version history for NirSoft MyEventViewer (64-bit)
Changes for v2.10 - v2.13
- Fixed MyEventViewer to display error message when it fails to load external file with /LoadFiles command-line option.
- Fixed bug: MyEventViewer failed to remember the last size/position of the main window if it was not located in the primary monitor.
Changes for v2.07 - v2.10
- Added option to hide events with specific users (In 'Advanced Filter' window)
Changes for v2.06 - v2.07
- Fixed to display date/time properly according to daylight saving time settings.
Changes for v2.02 - v2.06
- Added 'Copy Lower Pane Text' option (Ctrl+L), which always copies the text from the lower pane, even when the upper pane is in focus.
Changes for v2.02 - v2.05
- Fixed the save command-line options to filter the events according to the current configuration
Changes for v2.01 - v2.02
- Added /cfg command-line option, which instructs MyEventViewer to use a config file in another location instead if the default config file, for example:
- MyEventViewer.exe /cfg "%AppData%\MyEventViewer.cfg"
Changes for v2.00 - v2.01
- The lower pane now displays the event strings list if it fails to get the full message string from the event log dll.
Changes for v1.95 - v2.00
- Added 'Event Description Display Mode' option - Full Text or Strings List. If 'Strings List' option is selected, the lower pane displays the strings list stored in the event record instead of the full description text containing these strings.
Changes for v1.90 - v1.95
- Added option to display only the events with specific users (In 'Advanced Filter' window)
Changes for v1.88 - v1.90
- Added 'Auto Scroll On New Event' option.
Changes for v1.87 - v1.88
- Fixed the flickering occurred while scrolling the events list.
Changes for v1.86 - v1.87
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
Changes for v1.85 - v1.86
- Sorting by event time: If the date/time of multiple events is identical, MyEventViewer now sorts the list by the log type, and then by the record number (In previous versions, the sorting of events with the same time was random)
- Fixed issue: The properties and the 'Advanced Options' windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
Changes for v1.80 - v1.81
- Fixed the tab order of the 'Advanced Options' dialog-box.
Changes for v1.75 - v1.80
- Added /SaveDirect command line option, for using with the other save command-line options (/scomma, /stab, /sxml, and so on...)
- When you use the SaveDirect mode, the event log lines are saved directly to the disk, without loading them into the memory first. This means that you can save a list with large amount of event log lines into your disk without any memory problem, as long as you have enough disk space to store the saved file. The drawback of this mode: You cannot sort the log lines according to the column you choose with /sort command-line option.
Changes for v1.70 - v1.75
- Added /VisibleEventTypes command-line option, which allows you to specify the event types you wish to load.
- Added /EventLogNames command-line option, which allows you to specify the event log names you wish to load.
Changes for v1.66 - v1.70
- Added 'Start As Hidden' option. When this option and 'Put Icon On Tray' option are turned on, the main window of MyEventViewer will be invisible on start.