Version history for NirSoft NK2Edit (portable)
Changes for v3.20 - v3.25
- Added 'Import From Message Store' option under the File menu, which loads the AutoComplete data directly from the message store (PST file or Exchange server) of the current Outlook profile. (This option is the opposite of 'Export To Message Store')
- You can now use the /LogFile command-line option without any other command (For creating a log file while using the GUI)
- Version 3.21
- The search/replace records are now marked with a darker color. It's also possible to set the search/replace text/background colors from the .cfg file (SearchReplaceBackColor and SearchReplaceTextColor values)
Changes for v3.08 - v3.20
- Added new option: 'EX Records AutoFill - Drop Trailing Numbers'. If this option is turned on while NK2Edit automatically fills the 'Search String' and 'Drop-Down Name' fields of MS-Exchange record, trailing numbers are removed from the user name. For example, if the email string is "/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=John Doe234", the 'Search String' field set by NK2Edit will be 'John Doe' instead of 'John Doe234'.
- Added 2 new optional parameters to the Add command of NK2Edit scripts: 'Drop-Down Name' and 'Search String'. For example:
- Add "EX" "/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=John Doe1" "John Doe" 0 "John Doe
" "John Doe"
Changes for v2.96 - v3.08
- The detected version of Outlook is now displayed in the about window.
Changes for v2.94 - v2.96
- NK2Edit now detects the installed version of Outlook and adds this information to the log file (/LogFile command-line option).
Changes for v2.92 - v2.94
- Fixed bug: NK2Edit failed to merge MAPIPDL records.
Changes for v2.87 - v2.90
- The Paste option (Ctr+V) now also accepts text in a simple comma-delimited format, for example:
- SMTP, NirSoft Support, email@example.com
- EX, NirSoft Admin, /o=NirSoft/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Admin
Changes for v2.86 - v2.87
- NK2Edit now displays an error message if the log file (/LogFile command-line option) cannot be created.
Changes for v2.85 - v2.86
- The first line of the log file generated by NK2Edit now also provides the current version of NK2Edit.
Changes for v2.84 - v2.85
- Added 'Clear Recent Files List' option.
Changes for v2.83 - v2.84
- The first line of the log file generated by NK2Edit now provides the computer name and user name information.
Changes for v2.82 - v2.83
- The 'About' window now displays the build that you're running: 32-bit or 64-bit.
Changes for v2.81 - v2.82
- Fixed a bug with /SkipCommandLineNoProfiles command-line option on Outlook 2013.
Changes for v2.80 - v2.81
- Added /SkipCommandLineNoProfiles command-line option. If it's set to 1, then the /script, /script_express, and /export_to_message_store commands will not do anything if there are no Outlook profiles on the computer you run it, for example:
- NK2Edit.exe /SkipCommandLineNoProfiles 1 /LogFile "express_log.txt" /script_express $default 'If AddressType equal "EX" EXToSMTP' 'If Domain Equal "gmail.com" Delete'
Changes for v2.78 - v2.80
- Added /RestoreBackup command-line option, which restores the last backup made by NK2Edit on the default AutoComplete file.
Changes for v2.77 - v2.78
- Added /CompleteMessage command-line option, which instructs NK2Edit to display a message to the user when a command-line action is completed, for example:
- NK2Edit.exe /CompleteMessage "Finished executing the script of NK2Edit" /LogFile "express_log.txt" /script_express $default 'If AddressType equal "EX" EXToSMTP' 'If Domain Equal "gmail.com" Delete'
Changes for v2.76 - v2.77
- Added 'Copy Emails Only' option, which copies the emails of all selected records to the clipboard, each email in a separated line.
Changes for v2.75 - v2.76
- NK2Edit now displays an error message if it cannot change the sending format ('Change Sending Format To...' action).
Changes for v2.72 - v2.75
- Added /WarnIfOutlookRunning command-line option. You can use it with /script , /script_express , and other command-line option to warn the user if Outlook is running.
- Added /TimestampBackup command-line option. You can use it with /script , /script_express , and other command-line option to create a separated backup every time that the command-line is executed. The backup filename is generated with a timestamp, for example: 1.nk2.20130813111927.NK2Edit.bak
Changes for v2.71 - v2.72
- Added option to change the characters encoding of the files generated by the 'Export Selected Items' option and by the export command-line options (/stab, /scomma, /shtml and so on...) - UTF-8, UTF-16, or Ascii
- You can also change the characters encoding from command-line by using the /ExportCharEncoding command-line option. For example, in order to export all AutoComplete items to csv file with UTF-8 encoding:
- NK2Edit.exe /ExportCharEncoding 1 /scomma "simple.csv"
- Simple CSV File - Changed the default encoding to UTF8 and removed space characters, so this file will be opened properly in Excel.
Changes for v2.70 - v2.71
- Added /LogFileAppend command-line switch, which is very similar to /LogFile command-line switch, but instead of overwriting the file, /LogFileAppend appends the new log lines to the existing file.
Changes for v2.68 - v2.70
- Added new package containing both 32-bit and 64-bit builds of NK2Edit (In addition to the separated 32-bit and 64-bit downloads). This package contains a third executable (named nk2edit.exe) which automatically executes the correct .exe file according to the installed version of Outlook. Both executables (32-bit and 64-bit) share the same configuration file (nk2edit.cfg) if they are executed from nk2edit.exe
- This package might be useful for you if you have mixed environment with some computers running Outlook 32-bit and some computers running Outlook 64-bit.
- For more information: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/using_nk2edit_mixed_outlook_32bit_64bit.html
Changes for v2.67 - v2.68
- Added Like operator to the NK2Edit scripts, which allows you to compare a field value using wildcard, for example: if Email Like "a???@*.net" delete
Changes for v2.66 - v2.67
- When exporting the AutoComplete file of Outlook into the Exchange message store ( /export_to_message_store command-line option) NK2Edit automatically sets the version of the file to 12 if the original AutoComplete file has an older version number.
Changes for v2.65 - v2.66
- Added secondary sorting for the Domain column. When clicking the header of the domain column, the list is first sorted by the domain, and then by the email address.
Changes for v2.60 - v2.65
- Added /AutoExportToMessageStore command-line option. You can use it to automatically export the AutoComplete data to the message store of Outlook, On Outlook 2010 or greater. For example:
- NK2Edit.exe /AutoExportToMessageStore 1 /script "f:\scripts\myscript.txt" $default
- Added /script_express command-line option, which allows you to run a small script without using external script file, for example:
- NK2Edit.exe /LogFile "express_log.txt" /script_express $default 'If AddressType equal "EX" EXToSMTP' 'If Domain Equal "gmail.com" Delete'
Changes for v2.57 - v2.60
- Fixed bug: NK2Edit failed to import MAPIPDL records (distribution lists) when using /import_address_book and /sync_address_book command-line options.
- You can now specify multiple address types in /import_address_book and /sync_address_book command-line options, for example:
- NK2Edit.exe /import_address_book $default "Contacts" "MAPIPDL+SMTP" 2000
Changes for v2.56 - v2.57
- Added 'RemoveLinkToProfile' action for using in NK2Edit scripts, for example:
- If AddressType equal "SMTP" RemoveLinkToProfile
Changes for v2.55 - v2.56
- Added 'Remove Link To Outlook Profile' option. This option is useful for SMTP records that are linked to specific Outlook profile (Linked To Profile = 'Yes') After using this option to remove the linkage to Outlook profile, you'll be able to safely copy the records into another AutoComplete file.
Changes for v2.53 - v2.55
- Added 'EntryID' column.
- Added 'Linked To Profile' column. If the value under this column is Yes, it means that the record is linked to a contact or address book item on your Outlook profile, and it'll stop working if you copy this record into another Outlook profile.
Changes for v2.52 - v2.53
- You can now resize the 'Edit Record' window. Also, the last size and position of this window is saved to the config file, so this window is opened with the last size/position you chose.
Changes for v2.51 - v2.52
- Fixed the flickering occurred while scrolling the AutoComplete records list.
Changes for v2.50 - v2.51
- A warning line is now added to log (/LogFile command-line option) when NK2Edit fails to locate the default AutoComplete file.
Changes for v2.45 - v2.50
- Added 'SMTP Address' field to the 'Edit Record' window (For Exchange records only).
Changes for v2.43 - v2.45
- Added support for replacing string of 'SMTP Address' field in the 'Find & Replace' option (Ctrl+P) .
Changes for v2.41 - v2.43
- Added Weight field for the 'if' command in NK2Edit script, for example to delete all records with Weight lower than 10:
- if Weight LessThan 10 delete
Changes for v2.40 - v2.41
- Added 'Use SMTP Address In AutoFill Feature' option (Under the Options menu). This feature affects the way that NK2Edit automatically fills the Drop-Down Name and the Search String of EX records. If it's turned on, NK2Edit will use the SMTP address to fill the Drop-Down Name and the Search String. If it's turned off, MK2Edit will use the Exchange account name, like in previous versions of NK2Edit. For example: If this option is turned on, the Drop-Down Name will be 'Nir Sofer
'. If this option is turned off, the Drop-Down Name will be 'Nir Sofer '.
Changes for v2.38 - v2.40
- Added 'Open Selected Address In Outlook' option (Under the File menu and the context menu). This option allows you to open the selected email address in Outlook. If this email address has an enrty inside the address books of your Outlook profile, this address book entry will be displayed. Otherwise, Outlook will open a simple dialog-box with the display name and email address.