Version history for NirSoft WirelessNetView
Changes for v1.66 - v1.67
- Fixed WirelessNetView to detect and calculate the maximum speed of 802.11ac networks (On Windows Vista or later).
Changes for v1.65 - v1.66
- WirelessNetView now displays 'Cannot find wireless adapter !' message in the bottom status bar when there is no wireless adapter...
Changes for v1.60 - v1.65
- Added 'Connect' option (supported only on Windows Vista/7/8 or later), which tries to connect the selected wireless network.
Changes for v1.59 - v1.60
- Fixed bug: WirelessNetView failed to remember the last size/position of the main window if it was not located in the primary monitor.
Changes for v1.58 - v1.59
- Added 'Always On Top' option.
Changes for v1.57 - v1.58
- Added secondary sorting support: You can now get a secondary sorting, by holding down the shift key while clicking the column header. Be aware that you only have to hold down the shift key when clicking the second/third/fourth column. To sort the first column you should not hold down the Shift key.
Changes for v1.56 - v1.57
- Added 'Force Negative RSSI' option. Some wireless adapters or drivers under Windows XP, randomly returns positive RSSI value instead of negative number. If you check this option, WirelessNetView will automatically turn the positive RSSI value to nagative in order to fix this problem.
Changes for v1.50 - v1.56
- Fixed issue: On a wireless network with multiple access points, WirelessNetView displayed all access points as connected.
Changes for v1.46 - v1.50
- Added 'BSS Type' column - Infrastructure or Ad-Hoc.
Changes for v1.45 - v1.46
- Fixed the flickering problem on Windows 7.
Changes for v1.43 - v1.45
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
- Fixed bug: WirelessNetView failed to load the external MAC addresses file (oui.txt) when every line has 2 leading space characters. (Sometimes this file is provided with leading space characters, I don't really know why...)
Changes for v1.42 - v1.43
- Added 'MAC Address Format' option: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX , XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX , or XXXXXXXXXXXX
Changes for v1.41 - v1.42
- Added 'Connected' column, which shows whether you are connected to this network.
Changes for v1.40 - v1.41
- The 'Maximum Speed' column now displays the correct speed of 802.11n networks (Only on Windows 7/Vista/2008)
- The 'PHY Types' columns now displays whether the network is 802.11g or 802.11n (Only on Windows 7/Vista/2008)
Changes for v1.38 - v1.40
- Added 'Start As Hidden' option. When this option and 'Put Icon On Tray' option are turned on, the main window of WirelessNetView will be invisible on start.