Version history for PopCorn MKV AudioConverter
Changes for v1.88.02 - v1.88.03
- Stereo downmix AAC -> AC3: Didn't instruct eac3to to downmix multi-channel to stereo.
- Stereo downmix Simple Audio Conversion: Misspelled -DownDpl switch of eac3to as -DownEpl which meant that eac3to didn't understand what I was trying to tell it.
Changes for v1.88.01 - v1.88.02
- FLAC conversion: Conversion of FLAC audio tracks didn't work (wrong track number sent to eac3to utility) - fixed.
- MKV Tools: Updated parser to handle changed output from MKV Tools v24 (and possibly earlier versions with changed output as well)
Changes for v1.88 - v1.88.01
- Quick Conversion tool: Conversion of DTS audio tracks didn't work - fixed.
- Quick Conversion tool: Several new conversion options (hold mouse over the various options to see popup tool tip with explanation of the option)
Changes for v1.87.77 - v1.88
- Quick Conversion tool: There is now a quick conversion tool available for conversion of some specific audio formats (Dolby Digital Plus/E-AC3, TrueHD and DTS) to FLAC/AC3/AAC format. See this post for details. This function requires (has only been tested with) at least v3.34 of eac3to to work.
Changes for v1.87.76 - v1.87.77
- H265/HVEC support: Fixed: MKV files containing H265/HEVC video track can now be converted (previus version gave Unsupported Video Codec: V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC error).
Changes for v1.87.73 - v1.87.76
- Volume adjustment: Fixed: If one of the channels (the LFE/Sub-Woofer channel, f.ex.) didn't contain any data (was silent) for the entire file, AudioConverter would be unable to apply volume adjustment.
Changes for v1.87.71 - v1.87.73
- AAC/SBR: Fixed: A change in the way that the MKV tools report an AAC/SBR audio track lead to AudioConverter not recognizing a track as such.
Changes for v1.87.7 - v1.87.71
- Temp directory: Performing an extraction across a date boundary would lead to AudioConverter not being able to find extracted file(s), due to adding date specification to specified temporary directory location (this makes it possible for AudioConverter to automatically clean up old temporary files, if any are left over by accident).
Changes for v1.87.6 - v1.87.7
- Temp directory: Specifying "same as source" or "same as target" when the file specified there doesn't exist would result in an infinite loop, ending in a crash.
- TrueHD conversion: Selecting "Convert to Dolby Digital" would not allow you to specify how the conversion should be done. Fixed.
- Build events: Explanatory text now given for the two build events.