Version history for SciTE
Changes for v4.2.0 - v4.2.1
- improves IME behaviour on Windows.
Changes for v4.1.7 - v4.2.0
- adds support for the DataFlex language and offers 64-bit executables.
Changes for v4.1.2 - v4.1.3
- improves support for the Nim language with the new "nim" lexer
Changes for v4.1.1 - v4.1.2
- drops menukey feature on Win32 to fix bugs
Changes for v4.1.0 - v4.1.1
- minor fixes
Changes for v4.0.5 - v4.1.0
- handles invalid DBCS files better.
Changes for v4.0.3 - v4.0.4
- allows more complex filepatterns with '?', '*' not at beginning or end, and multiple '*'.
Changes for v4.0.2 - v4.0.3
- fixes some bugs
Changes for v3.5.3 - v3.5.6
- Version 3.5.6 fixes bugs.
- Version 3.5.5 fixes bugs.
- Version 3.5.4 adds minor features and fixes bugs.
Changes for v3.5.1 - v3.5.3
- shuts down quicker.
- Version 3.5.2
- makes minor improvements and fixes bugs.
Changes for v3.5.0 - v3.5.1
- fixes minor bugs.
Changes for v3.4.1 - v3.4.4
- fixes bugs.
Changes for v3.4.0 - v3.4.1
- fixes a regression in 3.4.0 that stopped the caret moving when lines were wrapped.
Changes for v3.3.8 - v3.3.9
- fixes a bug in 3.3.8 that caused external lexers to fail.
Changes for v3.3.7 - v3.3.8
- improves scaling for high resolutions, fixes bugs, and improves some lexers.
Changes for v3.3.6 - v3.3.7
- enhances some lexers, with the C++ lexer adding user defined literals and digit grouping from C++11/14.
Changes for v3.3.5 - v3.3.6
- Version 3.3.6 adds support for the Rust language and allows more control over the appearance of indicators for the highlight current word and mark all matches features.
Changes for v3.3.3 - v3.3.4
- adds an 'immediate' subsystem to allow scripts that work while tools are executed.
Changes for v3.3.1 - v3.3.3
- fixes bugs on GTK+.
- Version 3.3.2
- fixes bugs with multi-typing in virtual space and on Windows using Direct2D.
Changes for v3.3.0 - v3.3.1
- contains minor bug fixes and improves some lexers.
Changes for v3.2.5 - v3.3.0
- Version 3.3.0 for find command, view scrolled so that start of matches visible when possible.
Changes for v3.2.4 - v3.2.5
- caret x positions are remembered when switching documents.
Changes for v3.2.3 - v3.2.4
- Version 3.2.4 does not truncate copies to clipboard at NULs.
Changes for v3.2.2 - v3.2.3
- defines PLAT_UNIX for all Unix variants and fixes minor problems.
Changes for v3.2.1 - v3.2.2
- Version 3.2.2 remains responsive by limiting highlight.current.word to 0.25 seconds.
Changes for v3.1.0 - v3.2.1
- retrieves string properties from the Scintilla API using property notation in Lua scripts.
- allows Ctrl to be used with mouse double and triple clicks to add words and lines to the selection.
Changes for v3.0.4 - v3.1.0
- Version 3.1.0 can define a button as the default in strips.
Changes for v3.0.2 - v3.0.3
- supports printing on GTK+ 2.x and uses fractional positioning in more situations.
Changes for v3.0.1 - v3.0.2
- saves files in the background and can print on GTK+ 3.
Changes for v3.0.0 - v3.0.1
- fixes bugs, most notably display bugs on Windows.
Changes for v2.28 - v2.29
- Version 2.29 can automatically run a program to determine file encoding.
Changes for v2.27 - v2.28
- makes Asian language input through an IME work on GTK+ 3.x.
Changes for v2.26 - v2.27
- fixes a performance problem on GTK+.
Changes for v2.25 - v2.26
- Version 2.26 can highlight all occurrences of the current word or selected text.
Changes for v2.24 - v2.25
- Version 2.25 is a minor bug fix and improvement release.
Changes for v2.23 - v2.24
- fixes a memory leak on GTK+.
Changes for v2.22 - v2.23
- fixes some bugs and includes minor improvements.
Changes for v2.21 - v2.22
- supports Scintillua which can define lexers as Parsing Expression Grammars.
Changes for v2.20 - v2.21
- performs much faster for Asian Double Byte Character Sets.
Changes for v2.12 - v2.20
- can use strips within the main window for find and replace rather than dialogs.
Changes for v2.11 - v2.12
- added a Copy Path command and fixed minor bugs.
Changes for v2.03 - v2.11
- can access files on Windows with names outsides the user's preferred character encoding. Case insensitive search and the upper and lower case commands work on non-ASCII characters.
- Scintilla compatibility fix release.
Changes for v2.02 - v2.03
- fixed non-responsive UI while running tools on GTK+ and autocompletion lists appearing as a single line.
Changes for v2.01 - v2.02
- fixes some problems with rectangular selection.
Changes for v2.0 - v2.01
- fixes some problems with multiple selection.
Changes for v1.79 - v2.0
- supports multiple selection and virtual space.
Changes for v1.78 - v1.79
- allows wrapped lines to be indented to match the initial line.
- The tab bar is improved: on GTK+ it can be scrolled when there are many tabs and on Windows tabs can be reordered by drag and drop.
Changes for 1.77 - v1.78
- includes some more lexers and fixes some bugs.