Version history for Spamihilator
Changes for v1.5 - v1.6
- Improved compatibility with mail accounts from Arcor
- Improved compatibility with 64-bit operating systems
- Disabled insecure SSLv2 method. SSLv3 and TLS are still available.
- Prevent SSLv3 POODLE attack
- Fixed some minor bugs that could cause Spamihilator to crash in certain cases
Changes for v1.0 - v1.5
- New portable version without installer
- Updated spam word list
- Fixed a bug in the message parser that could cause messages to be displayed with a future date in the recycle bin and training area.
Changes for v0.9.9.59 Beta - v0.9.9.60 Beta
- The new beta version 0.9.9.60 of Spamihilator is now publicly available. This version fixes some minor bugs from the last beta version 0.9.9.59.
- The beta version 0.9.9.60 is the second release candidate for the long awaited version 1.0 of Spamihilator. It has been extensively tested within a beta test period and is already running very stable. Installation is recommended to all users who want to test the upcoming Spamihilator 1.0 today.
Changes for v0.9.9.53 - v0.9.9.59 Beta
- Support for UTF-8 encoded mails
- Improved message parsing for more accurate spam recognition
- Added dialog to test filter settings and priorities
- Support for arbitrary IMAP flags
- Improved user interface
- - Optional column showing a mail’s recipient in Training Area and Recycle Bin
- - Configurable columns for sender and recipient in Training Area and Recycle Bin
- - Add domains to the list of friends or blocked senders directly from Training Area and Recycle Bin
- - Added quick search for messages to Training Area and Recycle Bin
- - Possibility to search the lists of friends and blocked senders in the settings dialog
- Improved Rule filter
- - Added possibility to manually prioritize rules
- - Optional automatic priorization of rules
- Improved Newsletter plugin
- - Newsletter plugin is now able to let through newsletters from a certain sender address
- Many bug fixes and minor improvements
Changes for v0.9.9.52 - v0.9.9.53
- The new rule filter improves Spamihilator’s overall recognition rate
- Fixed backup of plugin settings
- Fixed program update process
- Date of messages on systems west of Greenwich will now be displayed correctly again
- Fixed a bug that could lead to duplicate messages
- Fixed several bugs that could lead to program crashes
- Updated SSL certificate
- and much more …
Changes for v0.9.9.44 - v0.9.9.52
- Improved spam recognition rate
- Improved efficiency of the Learning Filter (added new classification algorithms)
- Added more pre-defined spam words to the Spam Word Filter
- Created native 64-bit version
- Tested with Windows 7
- Improved performance on multi-core systems
- Added shortcuts to the start menu to open Spamihilator windows like Recycle Bin or Training Area
- Improved user interface for increased usability
- Improved IMAP compatibility
- Improved general performance
- Fixed several bugs
- Added MSI-based installer for deployment within companies
- and much more …
Changes for v0.9.9.43 - v0.9.9.44
- Training Area and Recycle Bin
- More shortcut keys have been added.
- Icons have been added to the menu.
- Toolbars are fully customizable now. They can even be hidden completely.
- Added possibility to move and hide list view columns.
- Added option to switch between Recycle Bin and Training Area via the shortcut button. The Recycle Bin window will be closed when the Training Area is opened and vice versa.
- The list view will gain keyboard focus again when the view message window has been closed.
- Improved sorting.
- Link filter
- Added effective top level domain handling. So, links like test1.co.uk, test2.co.uk and test3.co.uk will not be merged to co.uk anymore.
- Added possibility to reset all answers to message boxes.
- Added language detail window with estimation about a language file’s quality.
- Added support for the IMAP FETCH RFC822 command.
- Fixed bugs
- Messages will be premarked even when the Training Area is already open.
- Fixed display of the column sort icon in the Recycle Bin and Training Area under Vista.
- Updating the DCC Filter configuration file will not cause the installer to stall anymore.
- The last seen timestamp in the Link Filter’s list of links will be updated correctly now
- Fixed a bug in the link filter that did not display the last seen date immediately when a new link was added manually.