Version history for WinRAR for Mac OS X
Changes for v5.01 - v5.10
- Added extraction support for ZIP and ZIPX archives using BZIP2, LZMA and PPMd compression.
- Added extraction support for 7z split archives (.7z.001, .7z.002, ...).
- Added support for AES-NI CPU instructions allowing to improve RAR encryption and decryption performance.
- Default theme images are scaled up with better quality in high DPI display mode.
- Environment variables, such as %temp%, can be used in "Files to add" field of archiving dialog.
- Switch -ai can be used when creating RAR archive, so predefined values, typical for file and folder, are stored instead of actual attributes.
Changes for v5.00 Beta 3 - v5.01
- 1. RAR 5.0 archives can include an optional quick open information controlled with -qo[-|+] switch or "Quick open information" options group in archiving dialog. It allows to open the archive contents in WinRAR faster.
- This version provides better update performance for archives containing both quick open information and service records, such as NTFS file security. Also default parameters of quick open information are optimized to achieve faster open time for such archives.
- 2. Bugs fixed:
- a) "Find" command could fail when searching text string in .7z archives;
- b) when opening RAR 5.0 archive with encrypted file names stored in another such archive, WinRAR could issue an erroneous message that password is incorrect. It happened only if passwords to inner and outer archives were different. It did not affect extraction, all files could be unpacked regardless of this message;
- c) option "Use for all archives" in password dialog did not suppress additional password requests for RAR 5.0 archives with encrypted file names;
- d) WinRAR address bar did not process correctly environment variable based paths, such as %temp%;
- e) storing NTFS file security and alternate data streams did not work for file pathnames longer than 260 characters;
- f) "Test" command could erroneously report damaged data in valid recovery record if only a part of files in RAR 5.0 archive was tested. It did not happen if entire archive contents was tested;
- g) "Test" command erroneously reported errors when verifying RAR 4.x Unix symbolic links;
- h) WinRAR "View" command did not work for files inside of BZIP2 archives;
- i) if "High precision modification time" option in archiving dialog was turned off, WinRAR did not store the modification time at all instead of storing a lower precision time;
- j) destination paths containing .\ or ..\ component did not work when extracting non-RAR archives in WinRAR command line mode;
- k) WinRAR failed to unpack multivolume CAB archives.
Changes for v5.00 beta 2 - v5.00 Beta 3
- 1. Fixed XZ archive support, which did not work in beta 2.
- 2. "Convert" command did not allow to use compression dictionaries exceeding 4 MB.
- 3. If both encryption password and archive comment were specified when creating RAR archive, archive comment was not added.
- 4. "View as Unicode (UTF-8)" command in internal viewer did not work, so UTF-8 files were displayed correctly only if their encoding was detected by viewer automatically.
- 5. Maximum compression dictionary size when running in Windows XP x86 is reduced to 128 MB. WinRAR cannot allocate enough memory to create archives with 256 MB dictionary in Windows XP x86.
- 6. Corrections in relative path processing, such as "..\arcname.rar" name in archiving dialog or "WinRAR foldername" in the command line.
Changes for v4.20 Beta 1 - v5.00 beta 2
- When adding an incompressible file to non-solid RAR archive, beta 1 could duplicate the first megabyte of archived file, resulting in damaged file.
- "Add to archive..." context menu command could place a created archive to a wrong folder.