AfterDawn: Tech news

Judge halts PSJailbreak sales

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 28 Aug 2010 1:57 User comments (54)

Judge halts PSJailbreak sales The online Australian retailers Quantronics and Ozmodchips have been ordered by a Federal Court in Australia to halt all sales, imports and distribution of the PSJailbreak USB dongles.
PSJailBreak will allow owners of any version of PS3 to run backups of PS3 games as well as homebrew applications. The $170 mod is a piece of software stored in a USB drive. By inserting the thumb drive into your PS3 you'll be able to install and run the launcher application in seconds without permanently modifying the console or its software.

The PSJailBreak application also included a backup tool which allows users to backup their game discs to the PS3 hard drive. Movies whether DVD or Blu-ray, or previous generation PlayStation games aren't supported by the tool. The backup manager can also be downloaded for free.

So far, the companies have switched the status of the item to "no stock," not yet completely removing the listings.

Quantronics' site says: "Unless a continuation of orders or permanent injunction is granted to Sony Computer Entertainment, this product page will be returned and sales will resume on the 31st August 2010."

Previous Next  

54 user comments

128.8.2010 3:24
WierdName
Inactive

So, does this lend any legitimacy to the device...? Or is it to 'protect' the consumer from fraud?

228.8.2010 4:47

i hope they are still available in the uk

328.8.2010 10:37
truekid
Unverified new user

it figures even stuff that can be used for legitimate purpuses such as backing up your own games to the harddrive they wont approve of because it can be used for piracy.if they want me to buy more ps3 games than 2 or 3 they should allow something like this with some resnable restrictions of course.like you can only rip it to one computer and back it up to a portable hardrive

428.8.2010 11:01

Originally posted by truekid:
it figures even stuff that can be used for legitimate purpuses such as backing up your own games to the harddrive they wont approve of because it can be used for piracy.if they want me to buy more ps3 games than 2 or 3 they should allow something like this with some resnable restrictions of course.like you can only rip it to one computer and back it up to a portable hardrive
The incredible part is that this only works with original game disks; downloaded "pirate" games won't work with it! Thus, it is virtually useless for piracy. If they want to ban devices that can be used for piracy, they need to ban the xbox360, the PSP, all computers both windows and mac, blank media, flash drives, and all forms of internet connection.

528.8.2010 11:23

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by truekid:
it figures even stuff that can be used for legitimate purpuses such as backing up your own games to the harddrive they wont approve of because it can be used for piracy.if they want me to buy more ps3 games than 2 or 3 they should allow something like this with some resnable restrictions of course.like you can only rip it to one computer and back it up to a portable hardrive
The incredible part is that this only works with original game disks; downloaded "pirate" games won't work with it! Thus, it is virtually useless for piracy. If they want to ban devices that can be used for piracy, they need to ban the xbox360, the PSP, all computers both windows and mac, blank media, flash drives, and all forms of internet connection.
It can be used for piracy. What's to stop you from renting a game from Blockbuster or Gamefly or its equivalent and backing it up? Repeat that 100 times and you have 100 games for a fraction of the cost.

628.8.2010 12:10

Originally posted by Mr_Pink:
Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by truekid:
it figures even stuff that can be used for legitimate purpuses such as backing up your own games to the harddrive they wont approve of because it can be used for piracy.if they want me to buy more ps3 games than 2 or 3 they should allow something like this with some resnable restrictions of course.like you can only rip it to one computer and back it up to a portable hardrive
The incredible part is that this only works with original game disks; downloaded "pirate" games won't work with it! Thus, it is virtually useless for piracy. If they want to ban devices that can be used for piracy, they need to ban the xbox360, the PSP, all computers both windows and mac, blank media, flash drives, and all forms of internet connection.
It can be used for piracy. What's to stop you from renting a game from Blockbuster or Gamefly or its equivalent and backing it up? Repeat that 100 times and you have 100 games for a fraction of the cost.
Still the fact remains, if we where granted the right to root/jailbreak our devices and make copies of our own movies legally, shouldn't this apply to the ps3 so I can make copies of my games or install custom firmware as well?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Aug 2010 @ 12:12

728.8.2010 12:46

EDIT:

Quote:
The $170 mod is a piece of software stored in a USB drive
Quote:
The backup manager can also be downloaded for free.
If the PSJailbreak is just software than wouldn't it be semi-easily patched?

Also, for $170 could get you a quality USB drive plus a 1TB HDD to store a decent amount of games.

Originally posted by KillerBug:
The incredible part is that this only works with original game disks; downloaded "pirate" games won't work with it! Thus, it is virtually useless for piracy.
If that is indeed true then Sony has nothing to worry about unless/until someone finds a way to spread backups that work via download.

Originally posted by Mr_Pink:
It can be used for piracy. What's to stop you from renting a game from Blockbuster or Gamefly or its equivalent and backing it up? Repeat that 100 times and you have 100 games for a fraction of the cost.
That's very probable and many people already do that with DVDs and Blu-Rays via NetFlix and, to a lesser extent, RedBox.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Aug 2010 @ 13:12

828.8.2010 14:48

Originally posted by KillerBug:
The incredible part is that this only works with original game disks; downloaded "pirate" games won't work with it! Thus, it is virtually useless for piracy.
Is that actually confirmed? Link(s)? Plus, (either way if it is or not) that doesn't mean the NEW rips won't be available on the net.

928.8.2010 14:49

The real issue is, the laws in the US is not the laws in Australia; so basically until they figure out this legal battle out, it will be a waiting game.

1028.8.2010 23:17

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by truekid:
it figures even stuff that can be used for legitimate purpuses such as backing up your own games to the harddrive they wont approve of because it can be used for piracy.if they want me to buy more ps3 games than 2 or 3 they should allow something like this with some resnable restrictions of course.like you can only rip it to one computer and back it up to a portable hardrive
The incredible part is that this only works with original game disks; downloaded "pirate" games won't work with it! Thus, it is virtually useless for piracy. If they want to ban devices that can be used for piracy, they need to ban the xbox360, the PSP, all computers both windows and mac, blank media, flash drives, and all forms of internet connection.
So why do they bitch about this? Control, control, control. When in the hell will they ever learn when you try to control more than you can, the masses will rebel back.

1129.8.2010 5:14

Can only do it with game original game disks....perfect for piracy where i live and probably 99.99% of people since most rental places charge $5 for a game if that and no fee or $1 fee max to exchange the game for the term of your rental could end up owning a few hundred ps3 games for less that the price of 2 new games or 1 usb cartridge.............................................................................................................................
never heard where they said they allow you to make copies of your movie anywhere....not that it has stopped anyone from actually making copies for themselves though.

1229.8.2010 13:09

If I understand what the software does correctly, the backup manager simply backups the games to your hdd. While the rest of the software actually plays the backedup games?
If this is the real deal then why isn't it all over the torrent scene yet?

1329.8.2010 19:21

Doesn't the PS3 require you to "load" the game? So if you make a backup, don't you still have to have the disk inserted to "load" the game so you can play it?

1431.8.2010 12:24

I just want to know if I could use it to get my demo firmware changed to real firmware.

And I think someone mentioned this, but if it is just software on a usb key, why isn't it all over the place ready to be downloaded for free?

1531.8.2010 15:29

OUCH! My own county.

Still, trying to stop modding in Oz failed... so I can't see why this should stick.

If it isn't just software Aussies will still get one from OS stores anyway.

AND, being the nature of the thing, plenty of others will start making knockoffs for sale too.

1631.8.2010 22:20

Doesn't matter anyway. The software has been dumped from the device and will be released publicly very soon. No need to buy it anyway. They had to see that coming.

1731.8.2010 23:50

The hackers have protected the software on the USB CHip. Your assuming its a regular USB Thumb drive. Well its NOT. You can't write or read from it in a standard way. Its juts a read only device that's protected Physically on the thumb drive from being copied or duplicated, even if you take it apart.. Can't copy this or Pirate it. Sorry folks.. Its a Boot Loader for sure . protected for sure ..

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 Aug 2010 @ 23:52

181.9.2010 8:58
Daniel_1
Inactive

This cannot exist. I have told "some" on this page that you could already do this and I was told that there was no working mod that allowed you to backup PS3 games (and if you have a burner, then what exactly is stopping you from backing this up on a disc?) and now we see that yes in fact there was and is a working mod that allows you to back up PS3 games.

And cordless, dont jump to conclusions. Get a decent coder/hacker and this program will be broken and allow you to make copies with a few clicks of a button. It can already be done using Raw Dump 2.0 and a dvd rom GDR-81628 to read the discs and you can make as many copies of PS3 discs as you want to as this drive will read the entire disc including the code at the beginning that fools the PS3 into thinking it is a valid disc, and they WILL play in a regular PS3. Add that to a gamefly account and you are set. That is why the dvd rom GDR-81628 is so hard to find for a decent price as I have seen this drive go for as much as 700.00 and as little as 350.

191.9.2010 9:26

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
This cannot exist. I have told "some" on this page that you could already do this and I was told that there was no working mod that allowed you to backup PS3 games (and if you have a burner, then what exactly is stopping you from backing this up on a disc?) and now we see that yes in fact there was and is a working mod that allows you to back up PS3 games.

And cordless, dont jump to conclusions. Get a decent coder/hacker and this program will be broken and allow you to make copies with a few clicks of a button. It can already be done using Raw Dump 2.0 and a dvd rom GDR-81628 to read the discs and you can make as many copies of PS3 discs as you want to as this drive will read the entire disc including the code at the beginning that fools the PS3 into thinking it is a valid disc, and they WILL play in a regular PS3. Add that to a gamefly account and you are set. That is why the dvd rom GDR-81628 is so hard to find for a decent price as I have seen this drive go for as much as 700.00 and as little as 350.
Googled the drive and didnt see anything about it even existing, but how can a DVD drive playback Blu-rays?

201.9.2010 10:41

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by Daniel_1:
This cannot exist. I have told "some" on this page that you could already do this and I was told that there was no working mod that allowed you to backup PS3 games (and if you have a burner, then what exactly is stopping you from backing this up on a disc?) and now we see that yes in fact there was and is a working mod that allows you to back up PS3 games.

And cordless, dont jump to conclusions. Get a decent coder/hacker and this program will be broken and allow you to make copies with a few clicks of a button. It can already be done using Raw Dump 2.0 and a dvd rom GDR-81628 to read the discs and you can make as many copies of PS3 discs as you want to as this drive will read the entire disc including the code at the beginning that fools the PS3 into thinking it is a valid disc, and they WILL play in a regular PS3. Add that to a gamefly account and you are set. That is why the dvd rom GDR-81628 is so hard to find for a decent price as I have seen this drive go for as much as 700.00 and as little as 350.
Googled the drive and didnt see anything about it even existing, but how can a DVD drive playback Blu-rays?

Don't even bother DVDBack this guy is misinformed/delusional. He believes he can backup a Blu-ray or a PS3 game using an LG DVD reader (flashed to read Wii games) along with thinking it's possible to be able to PLAY them in his Wii and now in any PS3. Go over what he specifically said here and look over his post history, it's filled with misinformation, unsubstantiated, unproven & imaginary stuff. He is just trying to cover up/back peddle and make it seem like he was talking correctly about something when it is clear he is not.

Yes you can backup a BD
Yes you can backup a PS3 game
Yes you can play a backedup PS3 game on a PS3 BUT ONLY with a new mod (PSJB, PSStinger, PSGroove etc.)

No you cannot play BD's in a Wii
No you cannot play PS3 games on a Wii
No you cannot simply "read" either with a modded LG DVD Reader for Wii games

He is most likely just really misinformed, a blatant troll OR a mix of both. Either way it's not good to be posting/spreading false info around here as "fact" because you will be called out on it...and maybe even worse.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Sep 2010 @ 10:56

211.9.2010 17:12

Hang on, is it anything to do with this???

psgroove-open-source-ps-jailbreak-ps3-exploit-is-released

There is some talk of the PS3 JB code being "sniffed". Only scanned a bit soz. Maybe missing something.


Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

221.9.2010 17:34

Originally posted by Jemborg:
Hang on, is it anything to do with this???

psgroove-open-source-ps-jailbreak-ps3-exploit-is-released

There is some talk of the PS3 JB code being "sniffed". Only scanned a bit soz. Maybe missing something.
PSGroove has been updated to allow use of the Backup Manager. I won't link to it as I don't think it's allowed here on aD.

However, a programmable USB board, such as a Teensy (see here) is required to use it.

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo

232.9.2010 11:49

Originally posted by Pop_Smith:
Originally posted by Jemborg:
Hang on, is it anything to do with this???

psgroove-open-source-ps-jailbreak-ps3-exploit-is-released

There is some talk of the PS3 JB code being "sniffed". Only scanned a bit soz. Maybe missing something.
PSGroove has been updated to allow use of the Backup Manager. I won't link to it as I don't think it's allowed here on aD.

However, a programmable USB board, such as a Teensy (see here) is required to use it.
OFFICIAL SITE http://psjailbreak.com/index.php I SAW A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE WHERE THIS GUY SHOWS HOW IT WORKS YOU WILL NEED 1 ORIGINAL GAME THOUGH HE HAD SOME ALL READY BACKED UP ON THE PS3'S HDD. I WAS TRYING TO POST THE LINK TO THAT VIDEO BUT IT HAS BEEN BLOCKED IN THE U.S.A. NOW BUT THERE'S OTHERS YOU CAN CHECK JUST TYPE PSJAILBREAK ON THE SEARCH BAR ON YOUTUBE.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Sep 2010 @ 12:00

242.9.2010 21:25
Daniel_1
Inactive

Originally posted by Oner:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by Daniel_1:
This cannot exist. I have told "some" on this page that you could already do this and I was told that there was no working mod that allowed you to backup PS3 games (and if you have a burner, then what exactly is stopping you from backing this up on a disc?) and now we see that yes in fact there was and is a working mod that allows you to back up PS3 games.

And cordless, dont jump to conclusions. Get a decent coder/hacker and this program will be broken and allow you to make copies with a few clicks of a button. It can already be done using Raw Dump 2.0 and a dvd rom GDR-81628 to read the discs and you can make as many copies of PS3 discs as you want to as this drive will read the entire disc including the code at the beginning that fools the PS3 into thinking it is a valid disc, and they WILL play in a regular PS3. Add that to a gamefly account and you are set. That is why the dvd rom GDR-81628 is so hard to find for a decent price as I have seen this drive go for as much as 700.00 and as little as 350.
Googled the drive and didnt see anything about it even existing, but how can a DVD drive playback Blu-rays?

Don't even bother DVDBack this guy is misinformed/delusional. He believes he can backup a Blu-ray or a PS3 game using an LG DVD reader (flashed to read Wii games) along with thinking it's possible to be able to PLAY them in his Wii and now in any PS3. Go over what he specifically said here and look over his post history, it's filled with misinformation, unsubstantiated, unproven & imaginary stuff. He is just trying to cover up/back peddle and make it seem like he was talking correctly about something when it is clear he is not.

Yes you can backup a BD
Yes you can backup a PS3 game
Yes you can play a backedup PS3 game on a PS3 BUT ONLY with a new mod (PSJB, PSStinger, PSGroove etc.)

No you cannot play BD's in a Wii
No you cannot play PS3 games on a Wii
No you cannot simply "read" either with a modded LG DVD Reader for Wii games

He is most likely just really misinformed, a blatant troll OR a mix of both. Either way it's not good to be posting/spreading false info around here as "fact" because you will be called out on it...and maybe even worse.
You just cannot stand being wrong can you? even when proven that you are wrong you just have to say something back by calling names instead of checking out the links I gave you.

Some mod you are, specially when others have shown you actually CAN back up bluray games. I mean jeeze louise raw dump 2.0 does the reading and turns it into an ISO that can be burned back. If you would have read the message and had the sense to understand it, then maybe you would not have been so foolish as to post this nonsense reply.

Now learn something and read this article where they say that you CAN rip bluray onto a PS3 and if they can already do this to movies, do you think that they cannot do this to games as well?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/748/748723p1.html
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Sep 2010 @ 21:30

252.9.2010 21:37

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
Some mod you are, specially when others have shown you actually CAN back up bluray games. I mean jeeze louise raw dump 2.0 does the reading and turns it into an ISL that can be burned back. If you would have read the message and had the sense to understand it, then maybe you would not have been so foolish as to post this nonsense reply.

Now learn something and read this article where they say that you CAN rip bluray onto a PS3 and if they can already do this to movies, do you think that they cannot do this to games as well?
The problem is that you stated a LG DVD-ROM can backup a Blu-Ray. Sure, you can burn a BD5/9 with a DVD burner after the structure is properly setup and ripped with a Blu-Ray drive. However, stick a Blu-Ray in a DVD drive/player and it can't read it.

The IGN article you linked to talks about backing up a movie which has a different file structure and protection than a PS3 game. This article, as well as what Oner and DVDBack23 where discussing, concerns backing up PS3 games, not Blu-Ray movies.

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo

262.9.2010 21:40
WierdName
Inactive

Originally posted by Pop_Smith:
Originally posted by Daniel_1:
Some mod you are, specially when others have shown you actually CAN back up bluray games. I mean jeeze louise raw dump 2.0 does the reading and turns it into an ISL that can be burned back. If you would have read the message and had the sense to understand it, then maybe you would not have been so foolish as to post this nonsense reply.

Now learn something and read this article where they say that you CAN rip bluray onto a PS3 and if they can already do this to movies, do you think that they cannot do this to games as well?
The problem is that you stated a LG DVD-ROM can backup a Blu-Ray. Sure, you can burn a BD5/9 with a DVD burner after the structure is properly setup and ripped with a Blu-Ray drive. However, stick a Blu-Ray in a DVD drive/player and it can't read it.

The IGN article you linked to talks about backing up a movie which has a different file structure and protection than a PS3 game. This article, as well as what Oner and DVDBack23 where discussing, concerns backing up PS3 games, not Blu-Ray movies.
The trolls are to be watched, not conversed with.

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
"Opinions are immunities to being told were wrong." - Relient K

272.9.2010 23:05
Daniel_1
Inactive

Originally posted by Pop_Smith:
Originally posted by Daniel_1:
Some mod you are, specially when others have shown you actually CAN back up bluray games. I mean jeeze louise raw dump 2.0 does the reading and turns it into an ISL that can be burned back. If you would have read the message and had the sense to understand it, then maybe you would not have been so foolish as to post this nonsense reply.

Now learn something and read this article where they say that you CAN rip bluray onto a PS3 and if they can already do this to movies, do you think that they cannot do this to games as well?
The problem is that you stated a LG DVD-ROM can backup a Blu-Ray. Sure, you can burn a BD5/9 with a DVD burner after the structure is properly setup and ripped with a Blu-Ray drive. However, stick a Blu-Ray in a DVD drive/player and it can't read it.

The IGN article you linked to talks about backing up a movie which has a different file structure and protection than a PS3 game. This article, as well as what Oner and DVDBack23 where discussing, concerns backing up PS3 games, not Blu-Ray movies.
The problem is I never said any such thing. I said that the program RAW DUMP 2.0 did the changing to the iso. the drive rom I mentioned just read the disc. Now if people cannot read what I said then they should not answer the post and make themselves look even more silly when proven wrong. And if the Rom I mentioned has been stated over and over and over again that it can in fact back up PS3 and PS2 games, just as I said it could. The exact same thing is stated over and over and over and over again on the net, now all of them cannot be wrong and one person that misread the post be correct.

I am not saying anything about you, but it does pi$$ me off when I have some person claim I am a troll and one person on this thread seems to post in every fricking one yet not one thing is said about that poster, then you have a claimed Mod that does not bother to read a post and then tries to claim it said something that it never did?

As for copying bluray movies...all you need do is read the date of the link I posted. You will see that this post was made back in 2006...4 years ago. Now no one in their right mind is going to say that they have not improved that tech since then especially when you have programs like LeKuSoft Blu-ray Ripper 5.50 that clearly allows you to actually RIP and change a bluray to watch it anywhere. Not to mention that you also have Bluray to DVD and a hundred other programs that allow you to rip a bluray.


As I said...some mod.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Sep 2010 @ 23:15

282.9.2010 23:42

Daniel_1 here is your quote from 01 Sep 2010 @ 8:58

Quote:
It can already be done using Raw Dump 2.0 and a dvd rom GDR-81628 to read the discs and you can make as many copies of PS3 discs as you want to as this drive will read the entire disc including the code at the beginning that fools the PS3 into thinking it is a valid disc, and they WILL play in a regular PS3.
from this quote it seems that you just need that program & dvd burner to backup blu-ray disks without mentioning that you also need a blu-ray drive to initally read the disk onto computer or ps3, that is were you are confusing people. oner already said you can backup blu-ray & ps3 games so what is your point?

293.9.2010 0:49

I really do not want to play this game but I just can't help but point out just ONE of your blatantly outlandish, misinformed incorrect posts of "information" (the one that started this all)....as per your post here

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
...And when this crack/hack comes out and if it does what it says, then I will be able to play all PS3 games on my Nintendo Wii as well. Now before you say you cannot do this, check the net. There are hundreds of thousands of pages that not only say you can, but tell you how to do it as well.

So the question begs, if the Wii can do all of this, why would you want a PS 3?
You are SEVERELY mistaken. Were proven wrong. And continued to post incorrect stuff. To then get a light 2 day ban for your actions.

Sorry ~ but you have no leg to stand on here. EVERYONE can read what you said in black and white. And your back peddling is not working out...get your "facts" straight because it's full of holes.

I'll leave this in ddp's or someone else's hands because this is down right comical.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Sep 2010 @ 0:54

303.9.2010 11:13
Daniel_1
Inactive

Originally posted by ddp:
Daniel_1 here is your quote from 01 Sep 2010 @ 8:58
Quote:
It can already be done using Raw Dump 2.0 and a dvd rom GDR-81628 to read the discs and you can make as many copies of PS3 discs as you want to as this drive will read the entire disc including the code at the beginning that fools the PS3 into thinking it is a valid disc, and they WILL play in a regular PS3.
from this quote it seems that you just need that program & dvd burner to backup blu-ray disks without mentioning that you also need a blu-ray drive to initally read the disk onto computer or ps3, that is were you are confusing people. oner already said you can backup blu-ray & ps3 games so what is your point?
I dont know what his point is or why he decided to stick his nose where it did not belong. I clearly said that you could back up blurays with this program and I clearly said that you could back up games with this program. I do not see what the confusion is.

And since the mod likes to call names, I have filed a complaint with the manager of this board and I can bet that he is going to be reprimanded at the best and removed at the worst as you do NOT lower yourself to grade school level and unjustly attack a poster with false accusations nor attacking a poster for telling the truth, as the mod here is going to learn very quickly

Again...some mod.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Sep 2010 @ 11:23

313.9.2010 11:26

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
Originally posted by ddp:
Daniel_1 here is your quote from 01 Sep 2010 @ 8:58
Quote:
It can already be done using Raw Dump 2.0 and a dvd rom GDR-81628 to read the discs and you can make as many copies of PS3 discs as you want to as this drive will read the entire disc including the code at the beginning that fools the PS3 into thinking it is a valid disc, and they WILL play in a regular PS3.
from this quote it seems that you just need that program & dvd burner to backup blu-ray disks without mentioning that you also need a blu-ray drive to initally read the disk onto computer or ps3, that is were you are confusing people. oner already said you can backup blu-ray & ps3 games so what is your point?
I dont know what his point is or why he decided to stick his nose where it did not belong. I clearly said that you could back up blurays with this program and I clearly said that you could back up games with this program. I do not see what the confusion is.

And since the mod likes to call names, I have filed a complaint with the manager of this board and I can bet that he is going to be reprimanded at the best and removed at the worst as you do NOT lower yourself to grade school level and unjustly attack a poster with false accusations nor attacking a poster for telling the truth, as the mod here is going to learn very quickly

Again...some mod.
Wow...Amazing...SMH...You really just don't get it huh? ~ LoL
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Sep 2010 @ 11:29

323.9.2010 11:29
Daniel_1
Inactive

I get it, and you are going to get it

333.9.2010 11:34

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
I get it, and you are going to get it
You really don't want me to break it down and show the reality that you don't seem to want to understand. But keep it up if you please, just don't be surprised/upset as to what happens when the facts come out...and remember you already have 3 temp bans already for your pattern of behavior/actions.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Sep 2010 @ 11:39

343.9.2010 14:51
Daniel_1
Inactive

What, you are saying that you are going to do more name calling? Please feel free to do what you want as you have already been reported due to your statements are violations of the terms of service. So all you are doing now is trying to drag anyone down with you.

So feel free. as anything you post from here on out will be evidence against you by the owners of this iste and will be more then enough evidence to have them move against you.

You just cannot attack people like you did without ramifications. So say whatever you wis as anyone with any sense at all will see through this as yet another pitiful attack on me since I reported you.

And Dude. I have had NO temp bans as I have used this name since I started. So you had damn well better make sure who your are accusing.

353.9.2010 14:58
Daniel_1
Inactive

Oh and just to let you know I did exactly what I said I did, here is the reply I received from AfterDawn Customer Service:

"Dear XXXXXX XXXX,

This is an automated email response from AfterDawn.com customer service. You
don't need to reply to this.

Thank you for contacting AfterDawn.com. A new ticket has been created
for you. When replying to emails regarding this case please make sure the
Ticket# field remains in the subject line.

An excerpt (10 first lines) of your message to us:

>
>
>
> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/864929#5247642
>
> If you will read this thread you will see that your mod "Oner" is personally
attacking
> me in a post for a post I made. There was nothing wrong with the post I made and the
> post is very clear on the subject.
>
> I DO NOT appreciate a mod calling me a "troll" or claiming that I post to every
thread

We will respond to your email as soon as possible.

Best regards,

AfterDawn.com staff

Whoops, sounds like someone is in trouble and it isn't me. Just remember that you started this and now nothing you can say or print will change that fact. So go right on ahead and make up whatever you wish as this will be used against you and will prove my case even more.

363.9.2010 15:18

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
And Dude. I have had NO temp bans as I have used this name since I started. So you had damn well better make sure who your are accusing.
This thread has gone way way off topic, but I will allow Oner or DDP to close it when they see fit as that is not my job.

I'm just posting because you have had 3 temp bans this year alone, two 2-day bans and one 2-week extended one so I believe the "accusations" of our moderating team are accurate in regards to your past posting history.



373.9.2010 16:22

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
This thread has gone way way off topic, but I will allow Oner or DDP to close it when they see fit as that is not my job.

I'm just posting because you have had 3 temp bans this year alone, two 2-day bans and one 2-week extended one so I believe the "accusations" of our moderating team are accurate in regards to your past posting history.
Thank You Andre but I kinda want to wait to see where he "thinks" this will go...especially with blatantly clear lies like this ~


Originally posted by Daniel_1:
And Dude. I have had NO temp bans as I have used this name since I started. So you had damn well better make sure who your are accusing.

Really? You sure about that?

Quote:
This user (Daniel_1) has been already banned temporarily in the past, here are the reasons and dates of the last bans:

from 10 Apr, 2010 to 12 Apr, 2010, reason:
Flaming in a News article. Take deep breaths before posting in future.

from 12 Jul, 2010 to 26 Jul, 2010, reason:
Flaming in a News article
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/9/852779

from 22 Aug, 2010 to 24 Aug, 2010, reason:
Was warned to not post misinformation that was also not relevant to the topic. But continued.
Um..you were saying? Or are you gonna backpeddle and say something different. AGAIN. Because I am telling you right now I ain't playing this game for that much longer...
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Sep 2010 @ 16:43

383.9.2010 16:43

Heh.


Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

393.9.2010 18:13
Daniel_1
Inactive

Sorry DDP, no such thing as any temp ban if there were then why have I never had any trouble in posting? Whoops...because there never were any So go ahead and make up anything you want, as I will let the staff deal with this.

And lets give you the benefit of the doubt, please show where in your TOS it gives Oner the right to do what he did? EHHH it does not say any such thing nor does it give him the right nor authority to do any such thing.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Sep 2010 @ 18:19

403.9.2010 18:32

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
Sorry DDP, no such thing as any temp ban if there were then why have I never had any trouble in posting? Whoops...because there never were any So go ahead and make up anything you want, as I will let the staff deal with this.
In think you're confusing ddp with DVDback23... who actually IS a stall member. :)

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

413.9.2010 19:10
WierdName
Inactive

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
Sorry DDP, no such thing as any temp ban if there were then why have I never had any trouble in posting? Whoops...because there never were any So go ahead and make up anything you want, as I will let the staff deal with this.

And lets give you the benefit of the doubt, please show where in your TOS it gives Oner the right to do what he did? EHHH it does not say any such thing nor does it give him the right nor authority to do any such thing.
- You wouldn't notice the ban unless you tried logging in and posting while it was active.

- Why are you addressing DDP when the temp ban talk has been more with Oner and DVDBack23?

- DVDBack23 is staff and has all but basically told you the mods are not in the wrong.

- If you don't like this board or how it's run (allowing people to refer to trolls as 'trolls') then close you account and leave. Even if you think you are in the right, take the high road...

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
"Opinions are immunities to being told were wrong." - Relient K

423.9.2010 22:17
Daniel_1
Inactive

Sigh...if you will look at the supposed links that these people CLAIM was the temp ban, they also include both of the mods and Jemborg and others. Now using the logic of the people claiming to be mods, the mods closed the threads (not me) and if they consider this a temp ban...then does it not stand to reason that EVERYONE on that thread also received a temp ban INCLUDING the mods that made the claim and Jemborg as well? I mean get real here people, you cannot have the mods close the thread and then say it was a temp ban on just one person without including ALL the people on the thread since they were not allowed to post to that thread either because when the mods shut down a thread, ALL are not allowed to post to that thread anymore. I have heard of smoke and mirrors but the people making this untrue claim need a refresher course in logic. I mean it does not take a rocket scientist to know that a temp ban is on ONE person...not the whole blooming thread, so the mod shutting down the whole thread is more then enough to prove that what was claimed about me is an utter lie.

Nice try but no dice.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Sep 2010 @ 22:20

434.9.2010 0:30

Daniel_1, perma ban now, lightning struck!!!

444.9.2010 10:42

Is it okay to take off our tin foil hats now? Was aD being "punked" or something? Wow...


454.9.2010 12:16

Originally posted by Oner:
Is it okay to take off our tin foil hats now? Was aD being "punked" or something? Wow...
*Looks around* I think it's safe now. *removes hat*

Since PSGroove's been released and it is open source doesn't that make this ruling kind of a moot point?

Wouldn't it be easier for Sony to just look at the PSGroove source code and start the cat-and-mouse game?

464.9.2010 13:08

Originally posted by Pop_Smith:

Wouldn't it be easier for Sony to just look at the PSGroove source code and start the cat-and-mouse game?
They must have their best on it already..but as we know from Android, and iOS, "their best" is almost never as good as the "community's best."

474.9.2010 15:25
WierdName
Inactive

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by Pop_Smith:
Wouldn't it be easier for Sony to just look at the PSGroove source code and start the cat-and-mouse game?

They must have their best on it already..but as we know from Android, and iOS, "their best" is almost never as good as the "community's best."
x = Sony's payment driven PS3 security team
y = The community's ideal driven PS3 hacking network

x < y

Nuff' said.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 04 Sep 2010 @ 15:25

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
"Opinions are immunities to being told were wrong." - Relient K

484.9.2010 15:46

Originally posted by ddp:
Daniel_1, perma ban now, lightning struck!!!
Awww, I'm gonna miss the bugger.......... sort of.

Quoting from the book of Daniel_1 verse one million and one... 'Woop Woop Woop Woop Woop etc."

Stay tuned for Daniel_2 "The Thickening".



Don't throw away those tin foil hats just yet! :P

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

495.9.2010 0:17
Daniel_2
Inactive

Very nice of two mods suspending a person that was besting them in an argument. Pop_Smith, Daniel_1 clearly said that this would copy games and movies (the Raw Dump 2.0 program) and according to its own webpage, it does exactly that and you can even see a discussion of the program here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/737713

Can it back up Wii games? YES
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/501369

Can it back up PS3 and Xbox games? OF Course
http://www.i'manidiot.com/ edited by ddp

Can it back up movies? Yes as it condenses them to a burnable ISO which can be burned back to a disc by IMGburn or Nero or Alcohol 120% and by using a program called Bluray2AVI http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14195 or Bluray2DVDII http://www.dvd-cloner.com/blu-ray-to-dvd/ you CAN IN FACT copy a bluray that is clearly watchable on a PS3.

Seems Daniel_1 had it right all along

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Sep 2010 @ 15:52

505.9.2010 0:27

i can keep on banning you Daniel_X till you play nice.

516.9.2010 7:19

At last I got it.. and it works great. I upgraded my PS3 slim to 500GB and installed like 20 games so far. all I had to do is to put in any original BD and bang I can play any game on the HDD.

I also have phat model and it works on that too.

the site I got it from http://www.psxmodchip.com

it was delivered in 3 days and with free shipping only cost me $125. they ship worldwide.

526.9.2010 11:46

Some interesting info about supposed updates that are coming for the PSJailbreak ~

Quote:
NTFS Support
Compatible with all PS3 firmwares
Compatible with Blu-ray backups, PSX & *PS2*
Auto Updater through PC
MKV Support
Compatibility with programs like XBMC
You can always upgrade the game console for online capability
Source
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Sep 2010 @ 11:50

536.9.2010 11:55

Originally posted by abuzooz:
At last I got it.. and it works great. I upgraded my PS3 slim to 500GB and installed like 20 games so far. all I had to do is to put in any original BD and bang I can play any game on the HDD.

I also have phat model and it works on that too.

the site I got it from http://www.psxmodchip.com

it was delivered in 3 days and with free shipping only cost me $125. they ship worldwide.
Thanks for that. Yeah, I just heard it confirmed it works on Good Game.

Hmmm, I'm in Oz, as long as I can still get a PSjailbreak here. I might consider my first PS3 purchase. :)

Abuzooz... can you still employ it online or do you have to disconnect?

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

5426.9.2010 10:25
spam
Vahvistamaton

type your comments here

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive