'Big-O' packs Xbox 360 and PC into one case

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 08 Sep 2010 0:26 User comments (22)

'Big-O' packs Xbox 360 and PC into one case Origin has launched the ultra-high-powered Big O gaming rig today, one that packs both a high-end PC and an Xbox 360 into a single case.
The base model of the system costs a hefty $7669 but the specs are pretty intense.

Big-O, in its base configuration, has a liquid-cooled Intel Core i7 930 overclocked to 4.0GHz on a liquid-cooled ASUS Rampage III Extreme Motherboard with 6GB of Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz RAM.

Additionally, it runs a liquid-cooled Nvidia GTX 480 in SLI, dual OCZ 50GB SSD in RAID 0 with a 2TB HDD on the side. Theres also a 12x Pioneer Blu-ray burner and a Creative Fatal1ty sound card. Let's not forget the liquid cooled Xbox 360 in there, also.

if you want to spend even bigger bucks, there is a $17,000 model for sale, as well, that features dual Intel Xeon X5680 CPUs Overclocked to 4.3GHz, 12GB of Corsair GT 2000Mhz RAM and Quad SLI EVGA GTX 480 FTW GPUs.

Check it here: The Origin 'Big-O'

18.9.2010 1:17

Guess I'd put this in the "Just for the hell of it" Category.

www.inebriare.com
Xbox Live: Rogue Jello - PSN: bam431 - IGN: bam431
Youtube: electrowaffle - Twitter: bam431
i5 760, P7P55D-E, Vapor-X HD5770, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD,

28.9.2010 2:04
WierdName

Overkill, you're doing it right.

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
"Opinions are immunities to being told were wrong." - Relient K

38.9.2010 2:08

super mega overkill! imagine gettin a blue screen on that

48.9.2010 5:28

It seems like overkill until you realize that you could build the $17000 version for less than the cost of the "economy" model...then it just seems like overspending.

Also, if I was dumb enough to want to spend $17000 on a PC/360 combo, I would want a PS3 and maybe even a wii in there as well.

58.9.2010 7:15

well for $17000 you could build a custom computer (similar to that),buy a new tv,buy a ps3 and an xbox 360.plus you'd probably had enough money left over for a decent second hand car.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

68.9.2010 7:50

I buy a house in Florida for that price of money with the economy now days.

78.9.2010 8:38

Originally posted by Hyasuma:
I buy a house in Florida for that price of money with the economy now days.
best example of them all IMO

88.9.2010 9:15

Ty Killer, that's what I wrote on IGN, and for $17k they better have an open slot to stick my **** into and feel better than the real deal. As you said much cheaper to do it yourself. Still some sucker is prolly gonna buy it. I'd have just made the case look more impressive.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Sep 2010 @ 9:16

98.9.2010 13:12

I would take one, but i would buy the shell and build it myself. Pulling a computer out of the box is no fun.

then it would be fun to build the case as well, thinking glass fishtank table with water cooled computer in the tank under the desk. hahaha with 2 glass 32" flat screens

108.9.2010 13:29

can we spell ripoff???

answers on a postcard to......

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

118.9.2010 13:56

first; what only 32" up it by 10 more inches, and add an extra one for eye infinity.

Second; water? I agree with the tank but if you gonna go that far all out, then use oil not water. It'll cool it better it doesn't harm the parts and frankly building a PC like that you won't ever need to upgrade it for a long while.

128.9.2010 15:20

I would rather buy a car if i had $17,000 to spend :)

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
Website: http://www.ampleblaze.com

138.9.2010 16:28

users buy cars, Nerds buy computers. Been like that for years

148.9.2010 16:50

I buy a house

Being nice always has its own consequences

159.9.2010 1:47

You can buy a $100,000 condo (2 years ago price) for the cost of the upgraded version of this PC...two years from now the PC will be worth less than $1000(if you are lucky), and the condo will be worth at least $50k.

169.9.2010 2:44

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Honest question: Where do you live that you can get a condo for $17k, especially one that has depreciated over 80 percent since the bubble burst?

179.9.2010 13:11
JoeyMT

Originally posted by DVDBack23:

You can buy condo dirt cheap in Florida... not that it's relevant to this topic... but you can. :)

189.9.2010 15:12

lets see 2K tops for the PC stuff 300 for the 360 and another 200ish for odds and ends.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

1910.9.2010 5:03

Originally posted by Mysttic:

Eye infinity is for ATi Mysttic. Dunno if I wouldn't prefer a couple of HD 5970s myself.

There's the argument over tessellation... is that still relevant?

Is the oil solution as easy to cool off?

====================================================

@ Zip... are you including the cooling system and PSU in that $2000 USD?

====================================================

Is that the best mobo... what about a Gigabyte one?

The new X360s are whisper quite, my mate bought one, I can't see them RRODing easily so what's the point?

I concur, it's a rip off... especially with the X360 addition (it's intriguing but stupid).

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

2010.9.2010 5:18

Originally posted by Jemborg:
Originally posted by Mysttic:

There's the argument over tessellation... is that still relevant?

Is the oil solution as easy to cool off?

====================================================

@ Zip... are you including the cooling system and PSU in that $2000 USD?

====================================================

Is that the best mobo... what about a Gigabyte one?

I should hope so, an no you don;t have to get the over priced stuff like hardware thats close to spec but half the price is good enough. :P

---
Check out my crappy creations

2111.9.2010 18:35

Do they sell them at Target?
I'm only asking because that seems like a pretty blatant rip-off of the Target logo.

2211.9.2010 18:56

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
Overpriced yes, but $2000? Not a shot in hell. $3100 or so for the PC components and the slim 360, not including the PSU and liquid cooling or the case.

Overall, probably around $3800, is my guess including "odds and ends".