Apple drops price of original iPad

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 03 Mar 2011 17:04 User comments (7)

Apple drops price of original iPad Within 24 hours of launching the iPad 2, Apple has dropped the official price of the original iPad, with $100 price cuts across the board.
The base model 16GB/Wi-Fi iPad is now selling for $400, with refurbished models dropping to $350.

At the high end of the spectrum, the 64GB/3G/Wi-Fi model will now sell for $729.

Apple's iPad 2 will be released on March 11th, with the same pricing model as the original, with the base model starting at $500.

Anybody who has purchased a first-gen iPad in the last two weeks can get a $100 refund.

The iPad 2 introduces a new dual-core 1GHz A5 processor, dual cameras, an extremely thin and light form factor, two colorways, an HDMI-out dock and "Smart Covers."

For more information on the iPad 2 check our report here: Apple iPad 2 coming March 11th, Steve Jobs returns

13.3.2011 17:05

All that being said, if you are still buying a first-gen iPad, I don't know what to tell you...lol

23.3.2011 17:56

An Ipad at more than 300$ is highway robbery.

33.3.2011 18:57

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Quit being cheap?

“Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Forget this... and attaining enlightenment is the least of your problems.”
–Zen Judaism by Someone Clever

43.3.2011 19:40

Originally posted by o0cynix0o:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Quit being cheap?
You'll have more money by staying away from apple products!

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

54.3.2011 1:03

I love how the Canadian $ is stronger than US and the Ipad sells for $420 here. Ya no... if I want a pad, I'll borrow one of my wife's.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 04 Mar 2011 @ 1:04

64.3.2011 9:48

It's still $400! I rather buy the new one for $100 more, duh. Trust me, just look for a used one, people are dumping the first gen like crazy (and chances are they have all of the account information on it, you can just buying things and they pay for them, lol). Seriously, there's no point paying $400 for the first iPad, it's way too much.

Peace!

75.3.2011 0:19

Without VLC, I don't want the iPad 2!