Netflix original programming is destroying Amazon's and Hulu's in comparison

Written by Matti Robinson @ 02 Feb 2017 5:44 User comments (9)

Netflix original programming is destroying Amazon's and Hulu's in comparison

Netflix in globally a streaming giant no one has managed to challenge. However, in the United States, there are few streaming services that could if not topple at least put pressure on Netflix. A new report from Parrot Analytics, though, suggests that Netflix is a force to be reckoned with in one specific category: original programs.
According to the analytics company the lead Netflix has in terms of original program viewership has only increased in the past 12 months. A steady growth has been met with largely stagnant competitors.

Amazon has managed to create some buzz in the last weeks of 2016 which might suggest that its highly anticipated car show The Grand Tour has been doing well. The Grand Tour of course being the show by former BBC's Top Gear trio. But one or two hit shows aren't going to be enough to challenge Netflix.

Netflix's last years original hit shows included Stranger Things, The OA, The Get Down, and Luke Cage.

13.2.2017 11:45

Netflix shows are good...........so are ABC, NBC and CBS shows.

Yet people abandon their rationale and balanced thinking to simply jump aboard the "trend train". Just because Netflix is "new" and "popular" doesn't mean that the other channels become worse in quality.

Anyway, those binging on Netflix shows, Amazon shows, etc, are merely dumbing themselves down by watching the boob tube and separating from interacting with society.

23.2.2017 14:40

I prefer programming from Netflix, Amazon, and even youtube than the major networks.

34.2.2017 12:09

Originally posted by nu2duo:
I could not agree more with you on that one. I cut the cord six years ago and I have become accustomed to not watching commercials. although Youtube is starting to get annoying. I understand that commercials are a necessary evil. But given a choice not to many would watch
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Feb 2017 @ 7:01

44.2.2017 17:06

What is on netflix worth watching ? the movies & tv shows that have been made over the years must number in the thousands,yet netflix has an extremely limited library,so much so i cancelled the free trial after two weeks as i'd seen most of what was on offer.I thought the offerings were shite,hell even state side there's only 3000 on offer & i assume that's tv & movies combined.We here only get half that.Nup they gotta long way to go to draw me back

54.2.2017 19:59

Originally posted by scorpNZ:
LOL what's on Netflix worth watching? seriously bruh? I wonder why Netflix continues to grow and in so many countries. SMH

65.2.2017 13:34

In the past, I had a similar view of Netflix; once you've watched all the B movies, what's left? Once they started fielding their own content, however, that changed. And thing is, much of it is actually good.

I don't think you would've found "Luke Cage" on any of the traditional networks, or at least, not without extensive censorship and editing. Netflix is more an alternative to HBO/Cinemax/Starz/etc. than traditional network TV, and has a quite comparable cost to any single paid cable channel, with FAR more content.

I had HBO Now for a while, and for the same price, it's nowhere near Netflix's range of content.

75.2.2017 18:57

Lack of content was the problem.It appeared they put a few up movies/tv shows & never bothered to add more.You have to keep in mind the library we & the Australians get is severely limited.Its pathetic to have under 100 movies on offer.The tv shows were worse,i found it funny that the tv show Gotham has a "season two out now" last November

86.2.2017 12:35

Originally posted by nu2duo:
Originally posted by scorpNZ:

I truly have to agree with Nu2duo. :)

96.2.2017 17:56

Originally posted by sikosrus:
Originally posted by nu2duo:
Try Google Play Music. You get Youtube Red for free which removes all Youtube ads. I switched from Spotify about 12 months ago and love it.

I also love that I could upload my own music that can't be found on streaming services (like Tool).

Latest news

Guide: How to Kick Unwanted Guests from Your Netflix Account Guide: How to Kick Unwanted Guests from Your Netflix Account (26 Jan 2023 2:14)
Sharing a Netflix account with a person in a different location is possible and indeed very common, although the company doesn't necessarily enjoy this behavior from their customers. However, ....
Guide: Turn an Old Computer Into a Chromebook Easily and for Free Guide: Turn an Old Computer Into a Chromebook Easily and for Free (07 Jan 2023 2:11)
Do you know someone whose computer is way beyond its best-before date, and they, unfortunately, do know have the skills or the expertise to do much about it? Or do you own a pile of old laptop ....
How to Choose a Robot Vacuum? How to Choose a Robot Vacuum? (07 Jan 2023 9:12)
Robot vacuums are meant to make day-to-day life easier in several ways. When they are used efficiently, they can keep the house clean continuously - at least when it comes to floors. In addition, ....
Tech year 2022 wrapped up: The rise of the AI, EU to become the much-needed counterweight to tech giants, ... Tech year 2022 wrapped up: The rise of the AI, EU to become the much-needed counterweight to tech giants, ... (01 Jan 2023 2:11)
AfterDawn's wrap-up for the tech year 2022. The rise of the artificial intelligence was probably the most significant change that occurred during the year 2022, but there were many other interesting developments, too.
OPPO to follow Samsung, OnePlus: Promises 4 Android updates, 5 years of patches for upcoming flagships OPPO to follow Samsung, OnePlus: Promises 4 Android updates, 5 years of patches for upcoming flagships (21 Dec 2022 3:45)
OPPO has updated its official Android update policy. Phone manufacturer now promises four major Android operating system updates for its new flagship phones.