Version history for NirSoft WebBrowserPassView
Changes for v1.60 - v1.66
- Made a small change in the password extraction of IE10/IE11/Microsoft Edge that hopefully will solve the crash problems occur on some Windows 10 systems.
- If you have Windows 10 and WebBrowserPassView still crashes, please run WebBrowserPassView with /debugwin10 parameter, run also the DebugView tool of SysInternals, and then send me the last 4 debug lines that appeared before the crash.
Changes for v1.58 - v1.60
- WebBrowserPassView now automatically detects the passwords of Portable Firefox if it's running in the background.
Changes for v1.57 - v1.58
- Fixed WebBrowserPassView to display properly user name/password with non-English characters on Chrome Web browser.
Changes for v1.56 - v1.57
- WebBrowserPassView now detects the profile folder of Chromium Web browser.
Changes for v1.55 - v1.56
- Removed the command-line options that export the passwords to a file from the official version. A version of this tool with full command-line support will be posted on separated Web page.
Changes for v1.50 - v1.55
- Added support for Firefox 32 (logins.json).
Changes for v1.46 - v1.50
- Updated to work with the latest versions of Opera.
Changes for v1.45 - v1.46
- Added secondary sorting support: You can now get a secondary sorting, by holding down the shift key while clicking the column header. Be aware that you only have to hold down the shift key when clicking the second/third/fourth column. To sort the first column you should not hold down the Shift key.
Changes for v1.43 - v1.45
- Added support for SeaMonkey Web browser.
Changes for v1.42 - v1.43
- Fixed to work with Firefox 22.
Changes for v1.41 - v1.42
- Opera Web browser: Fixed to detect properly the passwords of login.live.com and probably other Web sites
Changes for v1.40 - v1.41
- Improved the password decryption on IE10 / Windows 7,
Changes for v1.37 - v1.40
- Added support for the passwords of Internet Explorer 10.
Changes for v1.36 - v1.37
- WebBrowserPassView now reads the passwords from all profiles of Chrome Web browser.
Changes for v1.35 - v1.36
- Fixed bug: WebBrowserPassView failed to work with master password of Firefox containing non-English characters.
Changes for v1.30 - v1.35
- WebBrowserPassView now extracts the passwords from all profiles of Firefox Web browser and reads the profiles.ini file of Firefox to get the correct profile folders.
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Fixed issue: The properties dialog-box and other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
Changes for v1.26 - v1.30
- Add new command-line options: /LoadPasswordsIE , /LoadPasswordsFirefox , /LoadPasswordsChrome , /LoadPasswordsOpera , and more...
Changes for v1.25 - v1.26
- Fixed bug: WebBrowserPassView failed to get the passwords of Firefox and Chrome, if the path of their password file contained non-English characters.
Changes for v1.20 - v1.25
- Added 'User Name Field' and 'Password Field' columns for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera Web browsers.
Changes for v1.15 - v1.20
- Added 'Password Strength' column, which calculates the strength of the password and displays it as Very Weak, Weak, Medium, Strong, or Very Strong.
Changes for v1.12 - v1.15
- Added support for Safari Web browser (passwords are decrypted from keychain.plist)