Version history for NirSoft SmartSniff
Changes for v2.16 - v2.17
- Added 'Find In Upper Pane' option.
Changes for v2.15 - v2.16
- Fixed bug: SmartSniff failed to remember the last size/position of the main window if it was not located in the primary monitor.
Changes for v2.11 - v2.15
- Added 'Capture is Active' check-box (F11) under the File menu. You can now temporary suspend/resume the capture simply by pressing the F11 key.
Changes for v2.10 - v2.11
- Added 'Always On Top' option.
- Added secondary sorting support: You can now get a secondary sorting, by holding down the shift key while clicking the column header. Be aware that you only have to hold down the shift key when clicking the second/third/fourth column. To sort the first column you should not hold down the Shift key.
Changes for v2.08 - v2.10
- SmartSniff now allows you to automatically add it to the allowed programs list of Windows firewall when starting to capture and remove it when you stop capturing. This option is needed when using the 'Raw Socket' capture method while Windows firewall is turned on, because if SmartSniff is not added to Windows firewall, the incoming traffic is not captured at all.
Changes for v2.07 - v2.08
- SmartSniff now remembers the last file type you selected in 'Load Packets Data From File' option.
- Fixed the window title of 'Display Filter' option.
Changes for v2.06 - v2.07
- Fixed to flickering in the upper pane.
Changes for v2.05 - v2.06
- Fixed to display HTTP POST URLs on 'URL List' display mode.
Changes for v2.00 - v2.05
- Added 'Capture On Program Start' option.
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
Changes for v1.95 - v2.00
- Added support for GeoLite City database. You can now download the GeoLite City database (GeoLiteCity.dat.gz), put it in the same folder of smsniff.exe, and SmartSniff will automatically use it to get the country/city information for every IP address.
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
Changes for v1.93 - v1.95
- Added Find option (Ctrl+F) to easily find text in the lower pane.
- Fixed issue: The properties dialog-box and other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
Changes for v1.92 - v1.93
- Fixed bug: When opening the 'Capture Options' dialog-box after Network Monitor Driver 3.x was previously selected, SmartSniff switched back to Raw Sockets mode.
Changes for v1.91 - v1.92
- Added accelerator key to the 'URL List' mode (Ctrl+F4)
Changes for v1.90 - v1.91
- Fixed a crash problem occurred with some Web pages when using the 'Extract HTTP Files' option .
Changes for v1.85 - v1.90
- Added 'Put Icon On Tray' option.
Changes for v1.82 - v1.85
- Added 'Use DNS Queries & Cache For Host Names' option. When it's turned on, SmartSniff analyzes the captured DNS queries and uses them for displaying the local/remote host names. The internal DNS cache of Windows is also used.