Version history for WaveShop (64-bit)
Changes for v1.0.13 - v1.0.14
- This update fixes an issue with playing surround audio files in Windows 7.
- In Windows 7, an audio file with more than two channels wouldn't play unless it had a non-zero channel mask with one speaker assigned to each channel. A zero channel mask indicates default speaker assignments and should work, but in Windows 7 it causes a DirectSound error. WaveShop now detects this case and synthesizes a channel mask.
- Previous versions could crash while attempting to read a corrupted WAV file, particularly if the file's data chunk was smaller than expected e.g. due to truncation. Fixed.
Changes for v1.0.12 - v1.0.13
- This update gives WaveShop a more modern appearance, and also fixes some minor bugs.
- WaveShop now uses Common Controls 6.0, AKA the XP theme. This gives the app a more modern appearance, and makes it more compatible with Windows 7 and Aero.
- After opening an AAC or MP4 file, it appeared that the file could be saved in the same format, when in fact WaveShop can only read AAC/MP4 format, not write it. This made it easy to create a file with a file extension of .acc, but actually containing WAV format. Attempting to open such a file in WaveShop gave the error "Channel coupling not yet implemented." Fixed, by forcing a Save As dialog and changing the file extension.
- In Windows 7, list controls weren't repainting their columns during column resizing. Dragging a separator in the list header caused a vertical line to be displayed indicating the column width, and column repainting was deferred until the left mouse button was released. In XP this behavior is associated with unchecking the "Show window contents while dragging" setting in Display Properties/Appearance/Effects, but Windows 7 works very differently. Fixed by using Common Controls 6.0; for details, see here.
- If the Metadata Editor dialog was resized, the Clear button didn't move. Fixed.
Changes for v1.0.11 - v1.0.12
- WaveShop now supports metadata editing.
Changes for v1.0.09.004 - v1.0.10
- This update adds channel selection, allowing operations on any subset of the channels in a multi-channel audio file.
- Channel selection was added for certain commands.
- An "Open recording" checkbox was added to the Record dialog.
Changes for v1.0.08.007 - v1.0.09.004
- This update adds one-touch and sound-activated recording, along with frequency sweep generation and clip detection in level meters.
- A record options page was added, to allow one-touch recording (start and stop are immediate, with no prompts), sound-activated recording (start and stop are triggered by audio levels meeting specified conditions), and recording via global hot keys.
- The /r command line flag was added, which causes WaveShop to execute the record command immediately upon launching. This makes it possible to schedule a recording via the Windows Task Scheduler.
- A frequency sweep wizard was added to the audio generator.
- The level meters now support clip detection. Left-click on a clip indicator to reset it, or Alt+left-click anywhere within the meters view to reset all clip indicators at once.
- Changing the audio format was causing the realtime spectrum analyzer to display incorrect results; fixed.