The Nero 6 weekend - Day 2

Written by Petteri Pyyny (Google+) @ 12 Jul 2003 6:58 User comments (16)

The Nero 6 weekend - Day 2 Ok, in our in-depth Nero Burning ROM v6 review series, today we go and take a good look at Nero's new video capabilities in form of NeroVision Express 2.
The full review of Nero's video capabilities is available in here. Also, if you missed yesterday's part, you can read the first part of the review from here.

112.7.2003 9:34

I had a nice lopok at nero 6 yesterday! I dont see much difference though, like maybe all i noticed was a small bit of interface change, but then again, i havent really thoroughly tried it yet ;-)

212.7.2003 16:36

Have a look at the SVCD and VCD compression and see if it is supporting the MVCD format.

312.7.2003 18:54

I didnt find anything on MVCD but one new addition i have noticed is miniDVD, hmm very interesting indeed!

412.7.2003 19:57

Yeah, MiniDVD is supported on my Plu2 DVD player. Wonder where you can buy them, i haven't looked for them or anything. MVCD is supposed to be the next big break through in the whole VCD/SVCD formate. apparently it will rival Xvid on a normal TV. Who knows? The reason i ask is that my Plu2 suppirts it as well. Come to think of it, my Plu2 (for 47 - RRP 119) plays damn near everything bar DivX and Xvid. Chris

513.7.2003 9:00

actually minidvd plays back in a lot of players, you would be surprised!I will certainle be testing it out and probably finally do a good minidvd guide! lol

613.7.2003 11:07

I have first dibs on that guide lol ;-) Yeah, was looking at buying a few, they hold 1.4GB but are 2 each some places - Riteks though. The problem with them apparently is that there isnt much support with burning programs, you have to be careful when burning as it thinks it is just a standard DVD.

713.7.2003 11:17

? You're probably confusing now miniDVD with 8cm diameter DVD-R discs? miniDVD == DVD-Video spec disc burned on regular CDR.
Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster

813.7.2003 12:46

Yep i am, probably cuz stupid advertisers send me email talking about the mini DVD at 8cm in size. I suppose its only natural to assume that miniDVD would have been a DVD and not a CD. lol So if miniDVD is a DVD Video spec disc burned on to a CD, then it would only be about 25mins in lenght i presume? Chris

913.7.2003 19:04

Depends on birate etc etc....

103.8.2003 18:11

I just upgraded from Nero 5.5 to ver 6. Now whenever I try to burn anything, I get an error that the drive is in use by another application. I never had this problem with Nero 5.5. Anybody have any ideas? If I uninstall and go back to 5.5 all is well.

Alan E Scher

115.8.2003 0:04

I have this problem too "drive is in use by another application" also go back to Nero 5.5.10.42 and works fine.

125.8.2003 10:46

what else u got running at the same time and are you trying to burn movies with Nero that are in a shared folder for a p2p app?

1329.8.2003 12:20
energy0m

I had the same problem with when i upgraded to Nero 6.0.0.9. The way I fixed it was the following: 1) In the RUN dialogue box type: services.msc 2) Click on the standard tab in the right hand window. 3) Scroll to the IMAPI CD-Burning service. Right-Click & select PROPERTIES 4) on the General Tab, select disable in the Startup type. Once this is done Nero started burning like normal. Hope this Helps! Energy0m www.earthairwaterfire.com/show

1429.8.2003 12:21
energy0m

oh.... dont forget to R3b00t after disabling!!

1529.8.2003 13:18

Energy0m, thanks a million-that did the trick!

Alan E Scher

1618.6.2004 16:05

can you burn a mvcd with Nero?