AnyDVD cracks yet un-released DVD protection

Written by James Delahunty (Google+) @ 17 Jan 2005 14:51 User comments (60)

AnyDVD cracks yet un-released DVD protection A new version of SONY's DVD copy protection system ARccOS has been compromised. The protection is on the DVD version of the movie "The Forgotten" scheduled for DVD release on January 18th 2005. Today, January 17th, The new version of the popular tool AnyDVD by the Antiguan software company SlySoft, which eliminates this protection, was released. "We remove copy protections faster, than the movie industry can deploy them" says SlySoft's CEO Giancarlo Bettini very pleased. "Maybe the movie industry will start to reconsider using these useless copy protections. They cost money and may cause compatibility problems with the customer's equipment".
Another new protection called Settec ALPHA-DVD, developed by by a spin-off of Korea's Elecronic giant LG, is no problem for AnyDVD either. Puppetlock is a third variant of new copy protections for movie DVDs. The strange name was given by SlySoft engineers, because it was firstsighted on German marionette DVDs. AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well. With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy, InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies. With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like. AnyDVD decrypts not just DVDs: AnyDVD allows you also to play, copy and rip protected Audio CDs.

You can download AnyDVD from AfterDawn here.

Sources:
SlySoft Site

117.1.2005 16:26

AnyDVD hasnt failed me yet. Great tool!

217.1.2005 17:37

Yes, it truly is a great tool. Too bad it's still $40.

317.1.2005 18:48

Is this protection going to be on playstation games as well?

417.1.2005 19:08

Ya but, for $40 you get unlimited (as far as i know) updates for a whole year. This is a headache saver for anyone with children in the house.

517.1.2005 19:14

decryptor and shrink are still FREE

617.1.2005 21:48

(Yep, dvd-decrypter and the ol' shrinkeroo are my two personal faves too, punx777). Well, when SlySoft says, *ANY* DVD, I guess they aren't kidding! Now the acid test comes: In the near future will they be able to say, Any *HD-DVD* ?? (That'll take a bit longer methinks).

718.1.2005 5:32
PimpDawg

PS2 games have a completely different protection. And punx777, DVD Decrypter and shrink are not able to break these new protections, that is why you need AnyDVD. Tried to burn Resident Evil 2 or Shaun of the Dead yet with those two programs?? Probably not seeing that you need AnyDVD to be able to do it.

818.1.2005 5:41

I was able to copy Resident Evil 2 using shrink. I had no problem.

918.1.2005 6:40
PimpDawg

Really, that is strange, seeing that I read numerous posts in this forum that dealt with people having problems burning this with shrink, like these... http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/149019 http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141170 http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/140770 I used VOB blanker to get the files on my computer, and then I used Shrink to do the rest, but Shrink did not work initially.

1018.1.2005 7:24

You may be right. Now that I think about it, I may have actually used the latest Decrypter to do Resident Evil 2. But those are the only two programs that I have so it had to be one of them. Sorry for the mis-information.

1118.1.2005 11:12

rented "forgotten" this morning. Shrink can not get through it. Stops at 18%. Decryptor (updated yesterday) got through it. Opened ISO image with Shrink.

1218.1.2005 11:12

1318.1.2005 11:12

1418.1.2005 12:30

guess we need a note: please only press POST once!

1518.1.2005 13:39

yo pimpdawg...... the newest version of decryptor gets through it just fine... same with little black book and resident evil.

1618.1.2005 16:19

The benefit of AnyDVD is that you dont have to rip the DVD to your HD. Just Shrink it or Clone it. I liked it so much I actually bought it!! :) Lifetime of free upgrades as well. If you buy CloneDVD you get a years worth or free updates. Cant beat it.

1718.1.2005 16:50
PimpDawg

yeah yeah punx, that is what I just figured out today. haha, it's funny how this is supposed to be about AnyDVD and were all talkin about how and what programs to burn dvd's with, I'll take the blame for changin the subject.

1818.1.2005 19:07

i tried having anydvd on and openign the movie with shrink and it didnt work for me? strange.

1919.1.2005 19:01

I tried burning "The Forgotten" with AnyDVD today. I'm using it with InterVideo DVD-Copy. It said it copied OK but when I watched it, it starts in the middle of the movie. I burnt it twice and got the same results both times. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2019.1.2005 19:40

have you tried the latest version of AnyDVD or DVDDecrypter? Have you tried copying the files over to your HDD (via AnyDVD or Decrypter) and seeing if ya get the same result?

2120.1.2005 2:47

Yesterday got a "redundancy cycle" message attempting to perform a backup with both new ver. of AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 as well as the other updated programs, There were no scrathes, but here is what I found on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With Decryptor/DVD43; under Mode "FILE" saved to HD, when it got to the redundancy spot, I chose to cancel which another popup screen asks if you want to save it anyway & I said "YES" and it finished coping it. I then used CloneDVD2/AnyDVD to copy existing files and I could not believe it.......Successfully completed & it played in my DVD stand alone player. Tip... tried to just skip the bad file and it would not even burn, so guess what I'm trying next time!

2220.1.2005 7:41

I just got AnyDVD because DVDXCopy wouldn't copy it. I looked like it went to the HD 1st and then burnt the copy. I don't know if the problem is with my version of DVD Copy Express or AnyDVD. I tried using Nero6 with AnyDVD but it didn't work.

2320.1.2005 10:19

DVD43 "DVD for FREE" works well with DVDXCopy Platinum, Or try what RNF1968 said use shrink (its free also)with AnyDVD. I have not seen or have forgotten so I cant say anymore.

2420.1.2005 12:10

after you download any dvd what makes it work. When I open the program it doesn't do anything. Help Miata

2520.1.2005 13:01

It runs in background, should see a fox in tool bar near cpu clock. What it does is: read top of this page in news area. You will need clonedvd2 program which will actually burn your backup...any dvd remove the item in the boxes that are checked. re-read all the posts here and you will know what you need actually no matter which programs you choose. read the read me file in the guide section...it gets clearer for you.

2620.1.2005 13:37

still don't understand. Do I need another file on top of DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink. any dvd, and dvd-x-copy platinum? should I get rid of one of these? In the guide section where is the read guide ?

2720.1.2005 13:48

dvd has encountered an error and cannot continue. Programming error exception occurred. The handle is invalid. After it says this is says it is shutting down. Now what?

2823.1.2005 20:09

pfarmer un-install DVD program'(s), reboot and install again. you need the following installed, some may require reboot before installing another application: The following 3 programs run in back ground and are need to perform backups. 1.Patin-couffin 2.DVD for Free (dvd_43) 3.AnyDVD Now the next programs to install will write to the DVD's it is your choice and as many as you like, I have several programs installed without a problem: CloneDVD2 DVD Decrypter DVD Shrink DVD2one DVDXCopy Platinum Alcohol 120% Easy VCD Others as well Each one has help file to read, A few of them have forums and help files. You can get a DVD+RW to use so you wont make coasters... if something goes wrong...erase DVD rewrite disk. If all works well then go to the DVD+R. DVD+R & DVD-R are a type of DVD, so check what your stand alone DVD player will play some won't play certain types. also I have roxio DVD player, Divx on my CPU so I can play my backups. Easy VCD requires a DVD player in order to rip it. It writes to cd+r's instead of DVD but time consuming. I hope this helps

2924.1.2005 11:56

@flag, I am not flaming you but, you don't need DVD43, and Patin-Couffin installed on the PC to copy movies, unless you are doing a free alternative to AnyDVD. If you have AnyDVD then you don't need DVD43.

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo

3024.1.2005 14:17

Pop_Smith is right, all you need is AnyDVD for your copy-protection removal needs and your favorite encoder/copy utility. I prefer AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 as my 1-2 punch. I was all about using the freeware available out there but with the increasing complex copy protection coming out, you are better off purchasing AnyDVD. Those guys are all over the latest protection and updates are FREE FOR LIFE. Best $40 I ever spent. As far as The Forgotten goes, that DVD is FULL of protection. Here is the list as given by AnyDVD. Found & removed RCE protection! Found & removed wrong DVD structure! Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)! Found & removed 2 bad sector protections! Needless to say, the combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 encoded The Forgotten in 18 minutes flat. Now all you cheap asses, get out there and buy it!!:)

3125.1.2005 5:29

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Feb 2005 @ 8:07

3225.1.2005 13:09

No flame taken bro. I had those 2 installed for other programs before trying CloneDVD2/AnyDVD which are the best overall. Never un-installed them...I just remember on an earlier update for AnyDVD (whats new) said it would not work with decrypter so DVD_43 is still up. I'm learning what make the programs run behind the scene. thanx

3318.2.2005 7:07

I prefer AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 as my 1-2 punch
Me too.

3418.2.2005 7:33

I also went with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. It has worked great so far.

355.3.2005 11:46

I can't get shaun of the dead to burn what so ever. I have tryed decrypt and shrink, with and without AnyDVD, tryed reinstalling the new versions. i have tried dvdclone2 with AnyDVD and still i get the damn error, any help would be great??

Nice Day

365.3.2005 14:20

Not sure of error recieved "what it said exactly", but I have found that sometimes it is neccessary to copy to HD with Decrypter...select the mode function, then FILE, just remember where the file is!!! Then use Shrink and that has solve a couple problems in past for me when all else failed. P.S. I still an error message window, I selected the "NO" option and kept coping all the files that it would copy and a mystery to me when Shrink was doing its thing all was ok....can't explain That though! Try it!

375.3.2005 17:03

i think its a bad disk, shitty rented dvd, heh

Nice Day

383.11.2005 12:39
alfie1939

If I try AnyDVD with "War of the Worlds" and click on the fox I get "Nodisc is present in Drive D". The DVD plays fine in mt DVD player but nothing will read it in my PC! Even my computer shows drive D as empty with this DVD. Of course drive checked and will copy "Defence of the realm" etc. Any Ideas??

393.11.2005 17:23

alfie1939, War of the Worlds Region 1 release date is November 22. I would take a guesstimate that you have a bootleg? Where did you get it?

403.11.2005 23:14
alfie1939

God, My daughter gave it to me for my 65 birthday! I will sort her out! Thankyou.

414.11.2005 9:01

alfie1939, You could have the original War of the Worlds (1953), which is already out. The one slated for Nov 22nd release (2005)is a remake with Tom Cruise. Sorry for any confusion. I would have got back sooner, but we had several power outages. Are you sure you were looking in the right drive? Have you got a dvd- rom drive as well as a DVD-RW drive? If so, right click AnyDVD, show information, and click the D or E drive, where ever you have the disc.

424.11.2005 12:14
alfie1939

Dear Mackdll, OK no problem I've copied lots before in this drive which is drive D a Liteon r/rw drive. I did try AnyDVD but although it shows the correct drive i.e. D it also gives the message no disc in drive. As I said before I can't get anything to read the disc or even part of it but it plays in my DVD recorder connected to the TV. Alfie

434.11.2005 19:06

i

445.11.2005 9:04

?

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

4528.11.2005 22:17

Tried backing up "Stealth"...used AnyDVD...looks like new CSS protection...movie copied but will not play properly...movie images are frozen until final 4-6 chapters. Any update on new copy protection and possible cracks..."Stealth" is from the Sony studios.

4628.11.2005 23:38

I used AnyDVD/CloneDVD to copy Stealth and had no problems with it.

4729.11.2005 18:41

What revision of AnyDVD?

4829.11.2005 23:32

I copied it last week so it would have been version 5.5.5.1

4930.11.2005 20:27

Thanks for the advise...I'll try it tomorrow...err um today.

505.3.2006 16:47

what is a freeware which does the same as anydvd

516.3.2006 15:32

DVD43_3.7.0 is a current freeware that I use & can be downloaded free...(change xx to tt). That's what I use to remove copy protection. http://download.copybase.ch/3rdparty/DVD43_3-7-0_Setup.exe or you can buy a program like AnyDVD to do it.

527.3.2006 1:30

if you have DVD43 on your computer and want to install anydvd' anydvd will delete DVD43 before installing itself

537.3.2006 9:03

I didn't, I simply chose not to and continued with the install, only thing is I unchecked the auto start up box under AnyDVD settings/program cause here is the thing; DVD43 will automatically start up due to no settings, so when I want to use AnyDVD I simply click on the DVD43 icon in the taskbar and then choose close before I start up AnyDVD!

547.3.2006 9:38

cool didn't know that worked

554.4.2006 13:57
aftd

removed

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Apr 2006 @ 11:33

564.4.2006 14:02

aftd,as a member ye should know not to post a problem in the news thread board, go here http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/44

574.4.2006 15:04

@aftd i did this movie with no problem using AnyDVD 5.9.5.2 and clonedvd2 latest version so i wouldnt really know what the problem would be sry

585.4.2006 11:34

moved aftd's reply into a thread he'd started.

595.4.2006 17:13

where is that creaky?where to you move these post because i posted something here on a different thread but you move it to another thread which was.....i have no idea where you moved it to it would be nice if you let me know where you moved it...i'm not being rude creaky it's just i'm new to this whole moving forums around lol i'm just the guy that post questions and answers can you plz let me know where you moved this forum ty :)

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Apr 2006 @ 17:15

602.7.2007 16:46
xr8joshv8

email address removed by creaky. also, xr8joshv8 should know better than to ask for pirated software, read the Forum Rules.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Jul 2007 @ 10:30