AnyDVD updated to v5.5.1.1

Written by James Delahunty (Google+) @ 30 Oct 2005 13:06 User comments (22)

AnyDVD updated to v5.5.1.1 Slysoft's AnyDVD software, a tool that automatically removes copy protections from DVDs on-the-fly has been updated to v5.5.1.. This update fixes several issues with DVD Shrink, including a few bugs that would have made DVD Shrink abort the backup process.
Here is the changelog...

• New: Added functionality to remove invalid VOBUs from a title set to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors". This fixes the error message "Out of memory" from DVDShrink with some DVDs, which suffer from a certain mastering error.
  • Fix: The option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors" could cause DVDShrink to abort with an "invalid Navigation structure" error with some DVDs, which suffer from a certain mastering error.
  • Fix: Setup program did not delete obsolete RegCheck.exe file from previous installations
  • Fix: Undesired high CPU use for several minutes when checking for program update via internet connection

I would also like to remind users that SlySoft is offering a $10 discount on all products (AnyDVD, CloneDVD and CloneCD) to AfterDawn.com users when you use the promotion code "afterdawn" while purchasing (valid until November 15th). Click here for more details.

You can download AnyDVD from: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/anydvd.cfm

You can purchase AnyDVD from: http://www.slysoft.com/

130.10.2005 15:52

why is this such a big deal?

230.10.2005 22:38

cause some ppl here use AnyDVD and have free upgrades so they like to know when it is updated, next time use the news comments for an actual comment ok?

31.11.2005 15:43

I think that AnyDVD is a must have for any DVD ripper. My favorite feature is that you can use it together with Nero to burn movies (that don't require compression) directly to DVD without having to rip to the hard drive. I am curious why DVD Shrink isn't releasing updates. If they would do that we wouldn't need extra apps running in the background to make it go.

41.11.2005 21:29

What can be said about it that hasn't already been said. It's the best! Period! Nothing I've seen is updated as swiftly as this. Probably the best decision to spend money a person could make with this product! @Fuzrock Keep in mind, the ripper has to be apart from the app. That's what caused the downfall of 321 Studios.

52.11.2005 21:36

I just did the update today and tried to burn American Graffiti. It would not work. I got an error message saying that the region code would not let me burn the movie. So, I removed Any DVD and re-installed it without the update and it worked, so I could burn American Graffiti. I haven't had any other problems with it, but I don't know if I would do another update.

63.11.2005 8:36

So let me get this straight. Any DVD, rips or decodes, and then you use DVD Shrink to Compress and take out unwanted material? Is this like DVD Decrypter? I like that program.

73.11.2005 12:31
mch441

its not a ripper or a decoder its a driver that runs in the background and lets your program read it with out the copy protection or region codes its really made to run with clone dvd.ive been using it for about 6 months now and havent run into any issues.best 70.00 i ever spent was on those two programs.i think you can download a 21 day trial of both of them of slysofts web site that has no use restrictions

83.11.2005 13:59

any one know how to clean off the computer with haveing to format?

93.11.2005 17:15

Does this program do the same thing as DVD REGION as I have been using this and find it great

103.11.2005 18:54
XboxxHaxx

Cuz AnyDVD iz the $hit and without it you wont be burnin a dam thing cuz of all the new cw and css keys. Works best with DVDXCopy Platnium

115.11.2005 0:47
duckNrun

yeah.... what Dela said! ;o) P.S <b>I</b> appreciate the update info!

1215.11.2005 14:57

1315.11.2005 19:38

re: What's up with Madagascar??? Rips fine then you get a VOB sector error when using any dvd, Decrypter and shrink?? The error doesn't show up till you get to shrink...... I ended up having to use CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD running in the backround. And then I used DVD Shrink to Compress the files left by CloneDVD2. I could have used CloneDVD2 to compress the files in the first place but that was going to take forever.

1425.1.2006 14:03
sarina

HOW DO YOU USE THIS PROGRAM? I'M TRYING TO BACK UP FLIGHT PLAN. DVD Shrink DIDN'T WORK, SO I DOWNLOADED AnyDVD. WHEN I START IT, THERE ARE ALL THESE OPTIONS, I SAY OK, NOTHING HAPPENS. WHEN OR WHERE DOES IT DO SOMETHING. WILL THIS ALSO BURN A DVD LIKE DVD Shrink DOES?

1526.1.2006 6:56

To burn something you need a burning program. (clone dvd, 1click DVD,etc.) Any dvd runs in the background with a burning program, it takes off the copywrites, so that you can burn movies. Hope this helps.

1626.1.2006 7:43

quote AnyDVD works in the background to automatically remove the copy protection of a DVD movie as soon as it's inserted into the drive, allowing you then to backup the movie using a DVD backup tool such as CloneDVD. You can also remove the RPC region code, thereby making the movie region free and viewable on any DVD player and with any DVD player software. AnyDVD is capable of removing unwanted movie features, including subtitles and prohibition messages such as copyright and FBI warnings. It also allows you to launch an external application whenever you insert or remove a disc, or prevent 'PC-friendly' software from automatically launching when you insert a video DVD. Decryption is not all that AnyDVD offers. You can control the drive speed of your DVD drive, allowing you to reduce the noise level when watching movies on your PC. You can even adjust the display frequency of your monitor for both NTSC and PAL displays. But AnyDVD doesn't just stop at DVDs. It also decrypts protected audio CDs to allow you to copy them. http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

1726.1.2006 9:56

Why pay for something when there are free alternatives, that's what I say anyway. Try these, VobBlanker, DVDFab, DVD decrypter(outdated) DVDShrink(outdated) though these are outdated they still work on some new movies. One of these 1st three mentioned here has always successfully worked for me with any new movie. Why pay for AnyDVD, it's good, but you have to pay, and wait for an update. Most of these others will work already.

1826.1.2006 10:47
mch441

i tried all of the different freeware for backing up dvds and not one of them works as easily or as well as AnyDVD when used with CloneDVD,slysoft is constantly releasing updates to the software sometimes more than once a week .on the rare occasion that i find a movie that i cant copy usually within a day or so they have released a new version that fixes the problem.its well worth the 70.00 i spent for the 2 programs.

1926.1.2006 13:37
sarina

Thanks for the help. I ran Any DVD then just opened FAB DVD EXPRESS AND waalaa it worked! Wish I didn't have to pay for them though ;(

2018.2.2006 13:02

messege edited

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Feb 2006 @ 1:22

2118.2.2006 14:36

nero_123, do you want to stay as a member of this site, if so than read the forum rules above about posting & piracy.

2219.2.2006 9:38

It makes sense to use AnyDVD and CloneDVD, I don't see why people try using DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter. If everyone just stuck to the Slysoft software no one would have problems.