AfterDawn: Tech news

iPad in low supply

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 21 May 2010 20:21 User comments (4)

iPad in low supply According to Piper Jaffrey analyst Gene Munster, the Apple iPad is in extremely low supply in the United States.
Munster sent a note to clients on Friday claiming that the tablet was sold out or "in low supply" at 50 stores his team searched.

About 75 percent of all the stores checked were completely sold out of the popular tablet, with 3G models being sold out everywhere. The other 25 percent of stores had low supply of Wi-Fi only models, in a variety of capacities.

Says Munster: "We note that the stores have implemented a reservation system, by which customers can request to be placed on a waitlist for future iPad shipments, notified upon arrival, and given 24 hours to pick up the iPad."

That system normally takes anywhere between 4 and 7 days.

Additionally, Munster says he doesn't see the tight iPad supply easing until September.

Previous Next  

4 user comments

122.5.2010 9:03

Waste of money.

223.5.2010 14:00

Originally posted by kikzm33z:
Waste of money.
Absolutely true. With what I can get with an iPad, I can get at least a decent laptop for that price. Only in the land of Apple will sheeple worship their savior, Jobs, and get totally ripped off in the process!!

31.6.2010 13:10

Hey, it's selling quite well you know :)

I'm still waiting for a cheaper tablet. I don't understand how people treat $500 like running water (not most, but a lot i would say), quite puzzling...

42.6.2010 17:54

iPAD? what is that sum kind of femanine product? HAHAHAHA, you guys get right? haha..XD

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest user comments

News archive