Version history for FFDSHOW
Changes for rev. 4507 (20130426) - rev. 4513 (20130525)
- Fixed compilation warnings/errors when using Windows SDK 7.0 (e.g. VC10's WSDK)
- Sync with IntelQuickSync Decoder 0.43 (rev90)
- - D3D11 decode + VPP is not default will be used only when needed.
- - D3D11 performance enhancement
- - Codec name now specifies which HW acceleration is ued (D3D9/11)
- Fix possible deadlock with downstream filter.
- Based on patch of Mark Opaskar.
- sync with QS decoder r88 - compilation issues when win8 SDK wasn't installed.
- updated blacklist
- Sync with IntelQuickSync Decoder 0.42 (rev87)
- - D3D11 decode + VPP. Windows 8 only feature. May not work on switchable graphics solutions.
- - Fixed some minor issues with VPP (time stamp interpolation).
- - Fixed AVC1 frame constructor. No longer will it process AnnexB streams. This should fix TV streaming. It doesn't support fragmented streams (NALs that span more than 1 packet).
- - Made legal license identical across my files.
Changes for rev. 4399 (20120322) - v1.2.4422
- Lots of updates for libavcodec that bring bug fixes, performance enhancements, and security fixes.
- Disable "Detect soft telecine and average frame durations" if 3:2 pulldown is being applied in AviSynth filter.
- IAMStreamSelect: fix duplicated subtitle list in case of multiple ffdshow instances
- If a matroska container had hidden leading chapter and Haali's splitter was used and tray icon was right-clicked, ffdshow crashed.
- Various fixes regarding input mediatype handling, strides, and pin re-connection.
- Various fixes regarding H.264 SPS parsing
- Fixed decoding of 96khz 32bit audio with libavcodec
- Fixed decoding of AAC audio with libavcodec when extradata is missing
- Better handling of non-mod4 resolutions
- Workaround for freeze in Powerpoint 2010
- AC3 encoder was producing improper bitstream when connected to file writer filter
- Various fixes for audio bitstreaming
- New and improved features
- Support for H.264 10-bit 4:2:0/4:2:2/4:4:4/RGB
- Support for H.264 8-bit 4:2:2/4:4:4/RGB, 4:2:0 was already supported
- Support for various 10-bit and 16-bit colorspaces
- Optimized YV12 to NV12 conversion
- Enabled high quality RGB32 conversion by default
- Added option to select a preferred output colorspace
- Added Intel QuickSync decoder. This provides hardware acceleration decoding of H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2. Requires the integrated GPU of Intel Sandy Bridge processors.
- Added DXVA video filter for hardware accelerated decoding. Supports H.264 and VC-1 video. Also includes subtitle support.
- Various additions to the application blacklist and whitelist
- Added support for Blu-ray PGS subtitles
- Removed support for USF subtitles
- Various improvements for the handling of ASS/SSA subtitles. More tags are supported now, but not yet all of them.
- Various improvements for the rendering of text-based subtitles
- By default now only subtitle files are shown that match the video filename. This behavior can be adjusted through an option on the "Try, dialog & Paths" page in ffdshow settings.
- Created new format option in ffdshow audio decoder for the QT PCM variants (such as TWOS). They were previously part if the Uncompressed audio option.
- ffmpeg-mt has been merged into libavcodec
- Multi-threaded decoding is now used by default for H.264, MPEG-1/2, FFV1, and DV video.
- Added decoding support for Indeo 4 and Indeo 5 video
- Floating point output for libavcodec AAC, AC3, E-AC3, DTS, Vorbis, and Nellymoser decoders.
- Added option to disable jitter correction for audio decoder
- Improved performance of Deband filter
- Removed some encoders for which the interface that ffdshow provided was outdated and unmaintained, such as Xvid and H.264. You should use the official codecs instead.
- Removed some encoders that were considered obsolete or unstable.
- Updated Boost library to v1.49
- Updated zlib library to v1.2.6
- Updated minilzo library to v2.06
- Updated unrar library to v4.10
- Updated libsamplerate to v0.1.8
- Removed mp3lib
- Removed xvidcore
Changes for Beta 6 - rev. 3154 (20091209) Beta 7
- Various H.264 and MPEG-2 seeking issues fixed
- Several memory leak fixes
- Subtitle fixes:
- Don't show closed caption if "Subtitles" is not checked
- Non-DVD subtitles: check if "Subtitles" is checked before showing subtitles
- Setting "Maintain outside text inside screen" was not always applied correctly
- Subtitle file could not be disabled during DVD playback
- Duration of SSA move tags was randomly applied
- Various fixes to alignment, line spacing, movement and positioning of ASS, SSA and SRT subtitles
- Several crash fixes
- Fixes in the Audio mixer and LFE crossover filter:
- Center and LFE were too loud when downmixing 5.1->2ch
- If the original sound had LFE channel, it was overwritten
- If the center channel existed, left and right channels were ignored
- Several MLP/TrueHD/LPCM decoding fixes
- Playing a CSS-protected DVD using MPC or MPC-HC caused a crash in certain scenarios
- Fixed DVD menu positioning and freeze issue
- Fixed several crashes in WMP11 and Media Center
- ffdshow.ax failed to register when a registry key was missing
- Removed black lines in Perspective Correction filter
- ffdshow would crash when using the Grab filter and the Resize filter with aspect ratio correction
- Many fixes across multiple ffdshow components including OSD, deinterlacing, remote API, DVD and MPEG-2 playback
- New and improved features
- New multi-threaded H.264 decoder: ffmpeg-mt
- DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming support for the ATI Radeon HD5000 series, ASUS Xonar sound cards and Intel Clarkdale CPUs
- New color space converters:
- Supported input color spaces: progressive YV12, progressive NV12, YV16, YUY2
- Supported output color spaces: RGB24, RGB32
- High quality chroma upscaling
- Added dithering to reduce "banding"
- Support for color primary parameters such as ITU-R BT.601/709, input and output levels
- RGB conversion done in 11-bit or higher
- Significant improvements in YV12 -> YUY2, YUY2 -> RGB, and YV12 -> RGB conversion performance
- Requires SSE2-capable CPU; for better performance multi-core CPU recommended
- New RGB conversion options:
- Output levels ("Computer monitor" or "TV/Projector")
- YCbCr specification "Auto" (uses H.264's VUI or width > 1024: BT.709, width <= 1024: BT.601)
- Various improvements in the Subtitle filter:
- Improved rendering quality, memory usage and performance
- General code cleanup
- SSA/ASS subtitles: better compatibility (support for position & move tags), better calculation of line wrapping, new dialog to configure ASS specific options. Also support added for ASS tags within SRT subtitles (SubViewer)
- FFDShowAPI: .NET wrapper around FFDShowRemoteAPI allows integration of ffdshow with third-party applications
- Improved subtitle/audio streams detection; now compatible with most filters handling the IAMStreamSelect interface
- New command to disable FF/RW OSD
- When using absolute positioning, x and y coordinates are now representing pixels instead of percentages
- Added new parameter to determine the duration in which a message will be displayed
- OSD settings are now based on the current ffdshow preset; this allows turning OSD on/off using the "Automatic preset loading" mechanism
- Buffered video RAM access improves video memory access in certain scenarios
- AviSynth filter now uses AviSynth's frames for buffering which improves performance and reduces the filter's memory usage
- "Max. amplification" in the Normalization filter will only be applied after pressing "Apply"
- Better handling of DVD menus
- Improved autocrop algorithm
- Added RealVideo 8 (RV30) support
- Added soft telecine detection
- Added several new preset autoload conditions
- libavcodec is now used by default to decode Theora videos
- libavcodec is now used as Dolby TrueHD decoder instead of MLP
- Various updates to libavcodec
Changes for rev. 3008 (20090618) - rev. 3014 (20090620)
- MSVC 2008 SP1
- MinGW GCC 4.3.3
- ICL 10
Changes for rev. 2992 (20090609) - rev. 3004 (20090614)
- MSVC 2008 SP1
- MinGW GCC 4.3.3
- ICL 10
Changes for rev. 1606 (20071114) - rev. 1611 (20071116)
- ### Compilers used ###
- * MSVC71:
- * MSVC71 + ICL 10.0.027:
- * GCC 4.2.2:
- ### Notes ###
- - Supports both ANSI and Unicode.
Changes for rev. 1375 - rev. 1376 (20070728)
- update xvidcore
- update libavcodec
Changes for rev. 740 (20070105) - rev. 756 (20070109)
Changes for rev. 736 (20070103) - rev. 740 (20070105)
Changes for rev. 731 (20061230) - rev. 736 (20070103)
Changes for rev. 723 (20061229) - rev. 731 (20061230)
Changes for rev. 705 (20061222) - rev. 723 (20061229)
Changes for rev. 696 (20061215) - rev. 705 (20061222)
Changes for rev. 684 (20061211) - rev. 696 (20061215)
Changes for rev. 673 (20061210) - rev. 684 (20061211)
Changes for rev. 664 (20061209) - rev. 673 (20061210)
Changes for rev. 657 (20061209) - rev. 664 (20061209)
Changes for rev. 654 (20061207) - rev. 657 (20061209)
Changes for rev. 497 - rev. 514