Version history for Fotosketcher (portable)
Changes for v3.30 - v3.40
- New Painting 2 (brushstrokes) effect
- Slovenian translation (thanks to Jadran Rudec)
- The red bar (located in the progress bar at the bottom of the window) to stop an effect early is now compatible with batch processing
- Various small bug fixes
- 64bit version is now the default
Changes for v3.00 - v3.10
- the DPI default value has been set to 300 for better printing quality.
- although transparency in PNG images (alpha channel) is not supported by FotoSketcher, transparent pixels will no longer appear black. They will now be converted to white pixels (much prettier!).
- the donation screen (coffee cup icon) has been simplified and will lead to a unified PayPal screen.
- when using JPG images, the compression quality has been improved for fewer artifacts (save to PNG or BMP if you want maximum image quality).
- a visual bug with the Emergence 2 effect has been corrected. Sometimes the preview image would be pasted to the main result image in the top left corner.
- some z-order problems have been solved.
- a memory leak has been hunted down and solved.
- when running a script (F5), FotoSketcher will be automatically minimized until the end of the process. If you wish to see the script running, just click on the FotoSketcher icon in the Windows task bar.
Changes for v2.99 - v3.00
- New features and changes in version 3.00:
- - New Painting 10 (brushstrokes) effect
- - New "invert colors" function (in the Edit menu or CTRL+I shortcut)
- - Integration of the "invert colors" function in the script mode (F5)
- - Improved Painting 4 responsiveness
- - Cosmetic changes to the user interface (especially when the program is maximized)
- - New keyboard shortcuts (left, right and up keys) to move the divider between the left and right panes. Works when the main window is focused, even if an effect is running.
Changes for v2.96 - v2.99
- - addition of a new zoom function for the preview window, which allows you to test an effect on a larger portion of your source image
- - correction of a few bugs, most importantly the impossibility in the text tool to add the letters "r" or "l"
- - some user interface improvements
Changes for v2.95 - v2.96
- This release corrects a few visual glitches (mainly on menus) and improves the user interface.
- A new feature has also been introduced; the ability to double the maximum size of brushstrokes in Painting 7
Changes for v2.90 - v2.95
- skinned menus for all three themes (tip: press the INS key to cycle through the interface themes)
- added a new check box to double the size of the manual brush (useful for high resolution images, when the max size was too small)
- a couple of bug fixes :
- the most important bug fix concerns Windows Vista users who were sometimes getting a cryptic error message in French "Index de liste hors limite (-1)". Hopefully this is now solved.
- the popup menu was showing incorrectly in the scripts window
Changes for v2.85 - v2.90
- New Painting 9 (watercolor) effect
- Automatic check for update can be disabled manually (replace True by False in the last line of the FotoSketcher.ini file)
- Added stronger error checking to prevent FotoSketcher from becoming unresponsive when trying to reach a non existent directory (for instance on a removed flash drive)
- Updated some code for scripts and batch mode
- A few small bug fixes (new bugs always crop up...)
- Corrected the Korean language file
Changes for v2.80 - v2.85
- - Fixed a nasty (and stupid) bug in Batch processing mode (CTRL+B) which could cause a complete program freeze when used with some effects (thanks Dmitry!)
- - Added a new language: Korean (or Hangul). Thank you to user JaeHyung for his translation :)
- - Added an automatic check for update
Changes for v2.75 - v2.80
- A brand new photo to sketch effect (which replaces the old pencil sketch 4 effect)
- A revamped Automatic contrast and sharpening function (CTRL+A) with added "vibrance"
- An improved "Vivify photo" effect
- Some bug fixes
Changes for v2.50 - v2.60
- a brand new Painting 1 (watercolor) effect (which replaces the previous one)
- a new 'brushstrokes' frame
- a few bug fixes and interface improvements:
- solved the filename bug when dragging and dropping an image (thanks Casey for spotting that one)
- modified the naming convention to MyPhoto_FotoSketcher.jpg (better for sorting files alphabetically in a directory)
- solved a transparency bug with png files
- added a CTRL+S keyboard shortcut when an image is being processed to save an intermediate result
- added a progress bar when creating the new brushstrokes frame (which can take a few seconds)
Changes for v2.45 - v2.50
- New "Linear halftoning" effect (b&w or colour)
- Added Serbian translation (thank you Nikola)
- Resizing or pasting a new source image no longer erases the destination image (if the image sizes are the same). This is particularly useful for merging two images.
- The last effect used is now displayed at the bottom right of the window (useful when using the undo/redo buttons to keep track of what effect was being used).
- Minor interface changes (trackbar increments, manual brush trackbar focus rectangle removed, some window Z-order bugs corrected, visual cues added when parameters can be maxed by clicking on their value).
- Removed optional browser toolbar in the setup version.
Changes for v2.45 - v2.50 beta 1
- New linear halftoning effect (plus various improvements)