Version history for MKVTools (MoKgVm2DVD)
Changes for v3.4.4 - v3.4.5
- Fixed an initial set of Yosemite related bugs
- changed to ARC
- Fixed a variety of bugs in the presets panel
- Fixed bug that mislabeled filenames in the queue drawer
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes when editing jobs from the queue
- Fixed bug where log files of identical processes get appended instead of rewritten
Changes for v3.4.3 - v3.4.4
- Fixed a bug that prevented graphical subitles from being extracted
Changes for v3.4.2 - v3.4.3
- Really fixed 2-pass encoding this time
- Fixed a bug that could freeze processes as "Queued" on systems earlier than 10.9.x
Changes for v3.4.1 - v3.4.2
- Fixed bug that could cause some 2-pass conversions to fail
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash during track extractions
- Fixed a bug that could prevent conversions from working properly after track extraction jobs
Changes for v3.4 - v3.4.1
- Fixed a bug that could make the convert button be ignored after a group of files had been added to the job queue
- Fixed a bug that disabled the "Play" button
- Fixed a Watch Mode bug that would prevent some files from being added to the queue
Changes for v3.3.1 - v3.4
- Can now send subtitles to SUBtools (must be v1.0.b6 or higher) and back for quick editing and formatting fixes
- Added a "Q" button to allow the user to view and manipulate individual files when a group of files are opened
- Users can now specify in preferences whether or not to use Dolby Pro Logic II when surround sound is down mixed to 2-channels
- Fixed a bug that made the app appear to lock up while the fontconfig cache was being initialized
- Improved handling of .ts files
- Multiple bug fixes to track identification which should reduce issues when opening files
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused audio bitrates to being ignored.
- Fixed bug that prevented the "add 2-ch. track" from being applied
- Add the option to "keep" originals in presets
- Fixed bug that ignored times for splitting
- Threading related bug fixes that could cause freezes.
- Numerous Mavericks bug fixes
Changes for v3.3 - v3.3.1
- Fixed a preventing the preferences panel from opening in OS X 10.6
Changes for v2.4.3 - v2.4.4
- Improved processing of vorbis audio tracks.
- Enabled processing of flac audio tracks.
- Enabled processing of Wavpack audio tracks.
- Improved conversion of avi videos.
- Fixed a bug where audio would not be converted to 2-Ch. for xbox.
- Various bug fixes.
Changes for v2.4.2 - v2.4.3
- Fixed error that sometimes occured when opening the preferences window.
- Improved processing of hard subtitles.
- Improved processing of soft subtitles for iPhone/iPod, iPad and Apple TV.
- SSA/ASS subtitles will now be converted to a format that can me muxed into .m4v videos.
- Files destined for iTunes are given an .m4v extension.
- Fixed potential errors when deleting tracks from MP4 files.
- Fixed potential errors when deleting tracks from MKV files.
- Various minor bug fixes
Changes for v2.4.1 - v2.4.2
- New binaries for mencoder, mplayer, and mkvextract. Let me know if they're working OK.
- Should be able to extract (but not burn) pgs subtitle tracks into .sup files
- MKVtools now recognizes and can re-encode videos with VC-1 video track often found in makeMKV videos.
- Splitting by time interval is again an option.
Changes for v2.3.1 - v2.4.1
- Major changes to the user interface.
- Improved handling of non-mkv videos.
- MKVtools will recognize MKV videos that have been created with header removal compression, which can cause problems with conversion and hardware/software playback. MKVtools can create a copy of these videos with this header compression removed.
- Can now add tracks from external files (e.g., subtitle files, audio tracks, ...) to the file to be processed.
- Can now extract and delete tracks from mp4 files.
- AVI videos can now be scaled.
- Users have the option to create mp4 files with dual audio (e.g., 5.1 track for apple TV and stereo for iphone)
- When able, MKVtools will now launch multiple threads.
- Fixed numerous bugs with the mp4 editing capabilities of MKVtools.
- Improved tool tips and codec warnings.
- Numerous under the hood bug fixes and a general streamlining of code.
- tsMuxer control is gone. Sorry. It may return in future versions.
- Improved the downmixing of 5.1 DTS audio.
- Fixed issues with the editing of mp4 pixel aspect ratios.
- Improved adjustments of AVC profile levels.
- Fixed localization issues to led to "xxx is not a number" errors.
Changes for v2.2.6 - v2.3
- MKVtools now accepts any type of video file that mencoder can process (avi, mp4, ... but not VIDEO_TS folders). So you can, for example, now burn srt subtitles into an avi file.
- MKVtools is now intel-only and will probably not work on systems before 10.5. Sorry!
- Lots of rewritten code so lots of potential places for bugs :-).
- MKVtools can be used to control tsMuxer to create .m2ts videos for imroved PS3 playback
- Need to download tsMuxer from the beta page and select the install tsMuxer option from MKVtools' help menu
- Fixed a bug that might cause stuttering on large mp4 files.
- 5.1 DTS and 5.1 AAC audio is now converted to 5.1 AC3 audio for Apple TV and DivX certified DVD players.
- Downmixing of 5.1 DTS audio to stereo is improved.
- 5.1 AC3 and 5.1 DTS audio is now converted to 5.1 AAC audio for PS3
- Can now "burn" external subtitle files into the output.
- the subtitle file must have the same name and be in the same location as the video file.
- Improved presets in a "Quick Conversion" box with one button conversions. MKVtools will guess at the best settings for the selected hardware output.
- Enabled "tool tips" for contextual help
- New version of mp4box should fix a variety of issues.
- New preferences window and options.
Changes for v2.2.4 - v2.2.5
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused muxing to fail with mpeg4 encoding.
- Fixed various other issues with encoding using the mpeg4 codec.
- Improved the changing of AVC profile levels for playback on PS3/xbox 360/ Apple TV
- Fixed an error where unwanted subtitles would be burned into some videos.
- Improved the progress reporting of jobs.
Changes for v2.21 - v2.2.3
- Hacked together a fix for audio problems with mkv files containing vorbis audio.
- Resolved issues on systems using commas for decimal separators (i.e., 23.456,78 vs. 23,456.78) which caused the application to always ask for video duration and FPS.
- Upgraded to a newer version of mplayer
Changes for v2.2 - v2.21
- Added Snow Leopard compatibility
Changes for v2.1 - v2.2
- Hacked together a newer version of mencoder for faster encoding.
- Can now process DTS audio.
- (Intel only) Eliminated the 2GB limit for mp4 file creation (there may still be a 4GB limit)
- AC3 audio can now be passed through to mp4 files. Note that only limited players can handle these files. The extension is changed to .m4v which tricks quicktime and itunes into playing the files (w/ perian installed).
- Updated the components of MKVtoolnix (mkvextract and mkvmerge) to version 2.3
- Alerts should now timeout so that batch jobs will continue
- Improved the handling of profile levels
- Various bug fixes
Changes for v2.0 - v2.1
- Includes conversion presets for Apple TV, PS3, and Xbox 360
- Added a pass through option for video tracks when converting to .mp4
- Added the capability to change the avc level of passed thru h264 videos to 4.1 which may trick your device into playing the video without the need to re-encode
- Added the capability delete the tracks from.mkv files
- Added the capability split .mkv files
- Added the capability join, mux, and change the pixel aspect ratio of .mp4 files
- Can now select multiple audio tracks when converting to .mp4 files.
- Improved error checking and warnings for codec incompatibilities
Changes for v1.1 - v1.2
- Improved handling of H.264/AC3 videos
- Added compatibility with Mac Os X 10.4