Version history for TeraCopy
Changes for v3.3 beta - v3.4 beta
- ‘Show notification’ option.
- Delete files using selectors.
- File list mouse scroll fix.
- Delete files using selectors.
- Remember the width for both full and compact views.
- Better progress indication during file deletion and verification.
- Update the total size when files added during file transfer.
- Option to keep transfer history permanently.
- Save and restore transfer options
- Other minor bugfixes.
Changes for v3.26 - v3.3 beta
- – Added: copy security information (ACL, Owner, Audit).
- – Added: relaunch TeraCopy in elevated mode.
- – Added: append a part of source path to a target path.
- – Added: an option to bypass Windows write cache.
- – Fixed: a few minor errors.
Changes for v3.21 - v3.26
- – Added: option to execute PowerShell scripts on a job completion.
- – Added: a sample PowerShell script for Pushover.
- – Added: start a verify process at any time from the context menu.
- – Added: show filenames of renamed files in the file list.
- – Added: load hash files in UTF8 format by default.
- – Fixed: minor scrolling issues in the file list.
Changes for v3.2 - v3.21
- Bugfix release: version 3.2 deletes source file after canceling a move operation (only if verification is enabled).
Changes for v3.1 - v3.2
- – Favorite folders editing.
- – Option to run a custom .cmd file on task completion.
- – md5sum format for most hashes.
- – Better icon for “Waiting for other transfers” status.
Changes for v3.0 - v3.1
- – Added: Multi-language support.
- – Added: Show all options in File Replace dialog.
- – Fixed: ‘Keep both’ now applies to one file only.
- – Added: ‘Close panels’ command.
- – Fixed: crash while scrolling log.
Changes for v3 RC - v3 RC 2
- 0000026: [Engine] Implement faster Hash Algorithm: xxHash
- 0000028: [Engine] Better handling of reading errors in TeraCopy service
- 0000025: [UI] Auto-scroll file list during transfer
- 0000024: [Engine] Create shadow copy only once
- 0000020: [Engine] Freeze when moving files
- 0000018: [UI] Show a popup menu with folders structure in Replace dialog
- 0000014: [Engine] Handle copy/paste from a virtual machine
- 0000010: [Engine] EListError: Duplicates not allowed
- 0000001: [UI] Menu button
- 0000002: [UI] Incorrect icons display on 125% scaling level
- 0000004: [UI] Replace mode options in the main panel
- 0000008: [UI] Windows enters into Sleep Mode during transfer
Changes for v3 Beta 2 - v3 RC
- Large progress bar.
- Faster small files transfer.
- Starting waiting tasks in correct order.
- Regular deletion of old file lists to save disk space.
Changes for v3 Beta 1 - v3 Beta 2
- Faster Logical to physical disk mapping.
- Mapped network drives detection.
- Notifications fix.
- Delete R/O files on replace.
- Add entire drive to file list.
- Quote comma in csv reports, export folders.
- File date discrepancy increased to 2 sec.
- Better completed state icon.
- Smoother scrolling with touchpad.
- Other bugfixes.
Changes for v3.0 Beta 2 - v3.0 alpha 4
- – File replace dialog.
- – Clone files (copy/paste in same folder).
- – Support for Windows 10 and Ultra HD monitors.
- – Shutdown/Sleep/Hibernate on finish.
- – Play sound at finish.
- – Verify only copied files.
- – Lot of bugs fixed.
- It’s more usable now, but still, file list view is not implemented.
Changes for v3.0 alpha 1 - v3.0 alpha 2
- – Panel UI.
- – Test files after copy.
- – Verify checksum files (.md5, .sfv, .sha, .sha256, .sha512).
- – Test files and create checksum files (currently .md5 only).
- – Fixed Explorer context menu extension.
Changes for v2.3 - v3.0 alpha 1
- Faster copy, especially to/from network locations and with small files.
- Single tabbed interface for multiple file transfer operations.
- Copy files using elevated Windows Service and Volume Shadow Copy.
- Unlimited number of files, the internal file list stored on disk instead of memory.
- Create MD5 checksum filelist after copy.
- Not present in this version: moving and deleting files, displaying/editing file list, overwriting files.
Changes for v2.3 beta 2 - v2.3
- Bug fixes and interface improvements
Changes for v2.3 Beta - v2.3 beta 2
- Added: Support for Total Commander 8.01 x64.
- Added: Auto-splitting files on FAT32 file systems.
- Added: Additional check for trimming file, useful on D-Link NAS devices.
- Added: ‘Confirm drag and drop’ option.
- Fixed: Removing files from filelist when not enough disk space.
- Fixed: Skip button now works on error files.
- Changed: Flashing window instead of tray notification.
Changes for v2.27 - v2.3 Beta
- Added: Choose between TeraCopy and Explorer on every drag'n'drop operation.
- Added: Moving files within the same drive without launching TeraCopy.exe.
- Added: '/Report' command line key.
- Fixed: Problem copying some locked files.
- Fixed: Unnecessary verification of skipped files.
- Fixed: Conflict with Google Chrome on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Dropping files into TC window now possible in Waiting mode.
- Fixed: Use %UL instead of %L in Total Commander buttons for Unicode support.
- Added: Resolving linked network folders to real path on Windows XP.
- Added: Option CopyCreationTime to ini file.Probably fixed VMware problem as well.
Changes for v2.22 - v2.27
- ? Added: ?Remove other? to remove non-selected files from the list [Pro].
- ? Added: Better handling multiple copy processes.
- ? Added: Multiple retries to delete source files and folders after moving.
- ? Added: Tray notification when adding files to the existing process.
- ? Fixed: Problem with some non-Latin filenames.
- ? Fixed: Copied files now have a correct creation time.
- ? Added: WaitBeforeMinimize option to ini file.
Changes for v2.2 Beta 3 - v2.22
- - Added: All exe files and installer are digitally signed.
- - Added: Export filelist to HTML (sortable columns) and CSV files [Pro].
- - Changed: Graphical buttons instead of pseudo-graphical.
- - Changed: If Shutdown option is selected, batch file PowerOff.cmd will be launched.
- - Fixed: Transfer.log now written in Unicode.
- - Fixed: Renaming multiple files with same name.
- - Fixed: Waiting for other processes to finish testing after copying.
Changes for v2.2 Beta 2 - v2.2 Beta 3
- Added: Better USB devices ejection.
- Added: Option ‘CardReader’ to ini file.
- Added: Option ‘ForceSameDriveMode’ to ini file.
- Added: New language strings.
- Fixed: Crush when testing md5 files.
- Fixed: Always test target folder and request admin privileges if needed.
Changes for v2.12 - v2.2 Beta 2
- Added: Language files (can be corrected with Poedit).
- Added: Ejection of source/target removable drives, mounted volumes detection.
Changes for v2.1 - v2.12
- Added: Multi-monitor support.
- Added: Run additional app on finish (eject disk, etc).
- Fixed: Copy not started automatically.
Changes for v2.01 - v2.05 Beta
- Added: Option to use system write cache (#30). Use it for better compatibility with anti-virus systems and ftp-drives.
- Fixed: Skipping files in move operation (#39).
- Fixed: Deleting files without CRC test in move operation (#38).
Changes for v2.0 Beta 3 - v2.0 Beta 4
- Added: Register copy handler from TeraCopy Preferences window.
- Added: New Browse for folder dialog with 'Make New Folder' button.
- Fixed: Problems with duplicating Windows Explorer File menu items.
- Fixed: Moving files between remote UNC paths now faster.
Changes for v2.0 Beta 2 - v2.0 Beta 3
- Fixed: Access violation error when calculating CRC.
- Fixed: Hanging on same drive copy on single core CPU systems.
- Changed: Sound is off by default.
- Added: Progress bar color settings.
- Added: ‘TestAlways’ option in the ini file.
- Command line changed:
- TeraCopy.exe Operation [*]Source Target [/SkipAll] [/OverwriteOlder] [/RenameAll] [/OverwriteAll] [/NoClose]
- Operation: Copy|Move|Delete
- Source: File or folder
- *Source: Path to filelist
- Target: Destination folder
- TeraCopy.exe Copy D:\Video.avi C:\My Documents
- TeraCopy.exe Move *C:\Temp\filelist.cmd C:\My Documents /OverwriteAll /NoClose
- If you’re using Total Commander, please change button parameter from
- Copy “%L” “%T” to Copy *”%L” “%T”.
Changes for v1.21 - v2.0 Beta
- Changed: Small files are processed much faster.
- Added: Start new copy in a separate thread.
- Added: svf and md5 files support.
- Added: Entry in the Explorer context menu.
- Added: Reorder file list. [Pro]
- Added: Open destination folder in Explorer. [Pro]
- Added: Show shell menu for any file in the file list. [Pro]
- Added: Play sound when operation is complete (>10 sec).
- Added: “Always on top” option in the TeraCopy system menu.
- Added: “Test”, “Shutdown” and “Do not close window” options.
- Added: Drag destination folder to the “Copy” or “Move” buttons.
- Added: Directory Opus support.
- Fixed: Free space detection.
- Fixed: Folder attributes now copied.
- Fixed: Time left now displayed correctly on 12h systems.