Another day, another Galaxy Nexus release date rumor

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 20 Nov 2011 1:51 User comments (9)

Another day, another Galaxy Nexus release date rumor First it was November 7th, then it was November 10th, then it was November 17th and then it was Black Friday but now it's possibly December 8th.
The U.S. launch of the Galaxy Nexus has been delayed from its original early November date to a possible December 8th launch, suggests a leaked internal document.

Says the memo: "The Samsung Nexus is now scheduled to launch in all locations on Thursday, 12/8."

The Android 4.0 ICS device will have a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED screen with 1280x768 resolution and dual cameras 1.3/5 MP. The phone has a curved design, is thin and has an impressive no-shutter lag camera.

Additionally, the phone has NFC support and LTE/HSPA+ support.

120.11.2011 02:02

please bring it to Sprint!

Being nice always has its own consequences

220.11.2011 10:10

That its what you get for leaving Verizon do the job, remember bionic... If it was not exclusive to them I believe we would have seen it already, don't remember T-mobile having those problems with the first 2 nexus

320.11.2011 12:51

I wonder if an import from the UK would be worth it at this point.

GENERATION 98: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

420.11.2011 15:12

I could be wrong if so please some one correct me.

1 it has no LED flash so no flashlight.
2 it has now SD card so you can not upgrade storage.

next they are going to make the battery unchangeable.

I have a nexus one now and have been waiting for a new nexus phone that is worthy of replacing it. Sadly As close as this phone came I can not see myself wanting to give up on the flashlight alone.

I am not sure what Android phone is going to be my next phone but I am prity sure it is not going to be the Galaxy nexus.

520.11.2011 15:42

Originally posted by lamain:
I could be wrong if so please some one correct me.

1 it has no LED flash so no flashlight.
2 it has now SD card so you can not upgrade storage.

next they are going to make the battery unchangeable.

Not quite sure about the SD, but even from that stock photo right under the title, you can see the flash.

620.11.2011 15:45

was sure hoping I was wrong on the flash. the microSD card I could survive without.

720.11.2011 18:49

Originally posted by lamain:
Couldn't you just use the phones brightness as a flashlight substitute? That's what I do. I do have a flashlight app though

"Cable thief is a victimless crime."

821.11.2011 14:47
Jubjubjub
Unverified new user

Heres a thought, buy a flashlight.

921.11.2011 14:50

Originally posted by plutonash:
Originally posted by lamain:

The flash is much closer to using a real flashlight. I also use the screen at times as a light when I do not want to disturbed the people around me. But I have grown very attached to always having a real flashlight on me.

Latest news

Guide: How to Kick Unwanted Guests from Your Netflix Account Guide: How to Kick Unwanted Guests from Your Netflix Account (26 Jan 2023 2:14)
Sharing a Netflix account with a person in a different location is possible and indeed very common, although the company doesn't necessarily enjoy this behavior from their customers. However, ....
1 user comment
Guide: Turn an Old Computer Into a Chromebook Easily and for Free Guide: Turn an Old Computer Into a Chromebook Easily and for Free (07 Jan 2023 2:11)
Do you know someone whose computer is way beyond its best-before date, and they, unfortunately, do know have the skills or the expertise to do much about it? Or do you own a pile of old laptop ....
How to Choose a Robot Vacuum? How to Choose a Robot Vacuum? (07 Jan 2023 9:12)
Robot vacuums are meant to make day-to-day life easier in several ways. When they are used efficiently, they can keep the house clean continuously - at least when it comes to floors. In addition, ....
Tech year 2022 wrapped up: The rise of the AI, EU to become the much-needed counterweight to tech giants, ... Tech year 2022 wrapped up: The rise of the AI, EU to become the much-needed counterweight to tech giants, ... (01 Jan 2023 2:11)
AfterDawn's wrap-up for the tech year 2022. The rise of the artificial intelligence was probably the most significant change that occurred during the year 2022, but there were many other interesting developments, too.
OPPO to follow Samsung, OnePlus: Promises 4 Android updates, 5 years of patches for upcoming flagships OPPO to follow Samsung, OnePlus: Promises 4 Android updates, 5 years of patches for upcoming flagships (21 Dec 2022 3:45)
OPPO has updated its official Android update policy. Phone manufacturer now promises four major Android operating system updates for its new flagship phones.