Slysoft has announced the first official release of AnyDVD HD, with support for AACS and HD DVD. In a press release, the company takes pride in offering a product that enables average computer users to take advantage of their "fair use rights" easily. Here is the changelog...
AnyDVD HD also fixes some annoyances that HD DVD content protection enforces on some PC users. AnyDVD HD allows you to...
- New: added HD DVD and AACS support
(registered users need an upgrade key for HD DVD & AACS support)
- New: added support for new versions of SONY’s ARccOS protectionto the option "Remove Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
- Added AnyDVD HD Ripper
- Fixed: Problem with multi-angle titles and Sony Arccos protection
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages
"When we considered Blu-Ray, our strategy was simply to initially support HD-DVD and await further development in the marketplace. Already during the beta phase we got many inquiries about Blu-Ray so we decided to go ahead and also provide support for this as soon as possible. Blu-Ray employs the same AACS process as HD-DVD. An implementation was really just a matter of form. A beta version is planned for availability this quarter." Tom Xiang, Marketing Director of SlySoft, said.
- watch movies over a digital display connection without HDCP-compliant graphics card and HDCP-compliant display.
- playback those discs on the PC with PowerDVD Ultra which otherwise would not play or would cause a software crash
- Removes user prohibitions. You can select language and subtitle tracks without going through the disc's menu.
- Removes parental restrictions.
- Allows you to remove or skip Studio Logos and warning messages.
- With "magic file replacement (tm)" you can remaster any commercial movie disc using simple XML scripts.
- Includes a UDF 2.5 file ripper; no need to install 3rd party UDF 2.5 filesystem under Windows XP.