Version history for SoftPerfect NetWorx Portable
Changes for v6.0.3 - v6.0.4
- Fixed saving graph visibility on Windows 10+
- Fixed a memory leak when looking up geo-IP info in Netstat.
- Fixed incorrect usage on the graph after waking up from sleep.
Changes for v5.5.3 - v5.5.4
- Added Reset Session command to reset the numbers recorded since boot.
- Added drawing the graph's background bitmap in the desk band graph as well.
- Fixed an uninstallation issue on Windows 10 where the driver was not removed.
- Fixed a few minor UI issues when exploring past graph readings with arrow keys.
Changes for v5.5.2 - v5.5.3
- Added a workaround for picking-up UPnP devices whose UDN changes after a reboot.
- Added per-application output in automatic HTML reports when Ignore LAN traffic is on.
- Added showing average and maximum speeds together in the Speed Meter.
- Added a hidden setting to write graph data to a CSV file for further analysis.
Changes for v5.5.1 - v5.5.2
- Fixed converting per application usage records from older databases.
- Fixed doubling entries stored as a list when a backup was restored.
- Fixed updating the options UI dialog when a backup was restored.
- Added new Speed Meter with active connection throughput testing.
Changes for v5.4.2 - v5.5.1
- Fixed an error in UPnP router detection when malformed XML was received.
- Fixed polling some routers whose UPnP module didn't support HTTP/1.0.
- Fixed flicker when Session Usage Summary was shown on the graph.
- Fixed recording apps usage during the hours marked as Unmetered.
- 2016-01-20 5.5
- Added graph smoothing with a moving average for a prettier graph.
- Added a custom UPnP implementation that supports more routers.
- Fixed an error message shown when Windows ran out of TEMP space.
- Fixed sending sync broadcasts on PCs with more than one network card.
- Fixed a few issues with exporting reports to a file from Usage Reports.
- Updated SNMP implementation to minimise the number of requests.
- Updated third-party TDI and WFP drivers to the latest version.
Changes for v5.4.1 - v5.4.2
- Added filter by date in Applications report and showing application names rather than paths.
- Changed usage backup from XML to SQLite DB file and it now also includes program settings.
- Changed the Netstat tool to a connection tree to enable real-time application monitoring.
- Fixed monitoring apps that were monitored even if the selected network was unavailable.
- Fixed a memory leak in connection tracking when the Ignore LAN option was used.
- Fixed closing CSV and HTML files that stayed open when exporting a report.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering drivers with latest compatibility fixes.
Changes for v5.4 - v5.4.1
- Added rounding to good-looking values in the usage report barchart.
- Added hidden settings to show/hide dial-up and on/off-peak features.
- Added a warning if DB is not writable or can't be created on disk.
- Added dialog to allow to reset to a set value other than zero.
- Minor bug fixes and improved Windows 10 compatibility.
Changes for v5.3.5 - v5.4
- Added Y-axis labels rounding to good-looking values on the graph, e.g. 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K.
- Added logarithmic scale on the graph to enable showing very small and very large values together.
- Added a monthly total in daily auto reports and HTML reports are sent inline, not as attachment.
- Added SNMPv3 support for monitoring the router (see the hidden settings).
Changes for v5.3.4 - v5.3.5
- Fixed text overlapping in the bar chart and use the thousand separator by default.
- Fixed initialisation of the UPnP router monitoring if it wasn't ready on startup.
- Added automatic reports saved to a file or sent by e-mail.
Changes for v5.3.3 - v5.3.4
- Added a hidden setting for virtual adapters monitoring ignored by default.
- Fixed firing off-peak notifications as they were sometimes not processed.
- Fixed graph disappearance when clicking the desktop in Hide Graph on Full Screen.
- Added Properties and Open File Location menu options in the application view.
- Added experimental workaround for routers with incorrect UPnP implementation.
- Added getting process name from the kernel for reliable application names reporting.
- Updated languages, filter drivers, done numerous minor fixes and improvements.
Changes for v5.3.2 - v5.3.3
- Added graph line width setting in the hidden settings.
- Fixed black rectangle artefacts in the application view.
- Fixed the drop-down interface boxes in router setup.
- Fixed the re-opening WinPCap when there is a capture issue.
- Fixed the monitoring of all virtual network adapters.
Changes for v5.3.1 - v5.3.2
- Fixed disabling Teredo where it was unnecessary for the TDI driver.
- Fixed quota settings they are now protected too when a password is set.
- Fixed quota and usage computations when a custom Time Zone Offset was used.
- Added connection monitor Timeout and Retries variables to the hidden settings.
- Added showing hints for hotkeys where long hotkey combinations did not fit.
- Added computer name in subject and body of e-mails for easier identification.
Changes for v5.3 - v5.3.1
- Added a hidden setting to disable TCP/UDP tracking in the Ignore LAN mode.
- Added Mobile Broadband support for monitoring as all available connections.
- Added showing units on the graph (configurable in the hidden settings).
- Added email notifications for short-term conditions.
- Fixed crashing if UPnP was not ready at startup.
Changes for v5.2.12 - v5.3
- Added application usage data in netstat showing each process actvity.
- Added view scroll bar and a way to reset the connection uptime log.
- Added e-mail notifications and blocking Internet access in the quota.
- Added Windows high DPI awareness for high-resolution displays.
Changes for v5.2.11 - v5.2.12
- Fixed doubling dial-up sessions and applications when two users were logged on.
- Added driver hash sum verification upon installation to avoid unnecessary reboots.
- Fixed dynamic bars to be relative to a maximum in the last 5 secs rather than session.
- Added displaying dial-up volume in the At a Glance report in addition to its duration.
- Added environment variable NOTIFY when launching a program in the notifications.
- Added UPnP router monitoring for routers that do not support SNMP (experimental).
Changes for v5.2.10 - v5.2.11
- Added showing usage in terabytes for large numbers over 1000 GB.
- Added SNMPv1 and SNMPv2 support for router monitoring via SNMP.
- Fixed an issue with garbled or incorrect application names recorded.
- Allowed users to choose which implementation of driver to install (WFP/TDI).
- Added automatic firewall rule creation/removal for usage synchronisation.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering drivers and improved Windows 8.1 compatibility.
Changes for v5.2.9 - v5.2.10
- Added a hidden setting to suppress the graph on full-screen apps.
- Added highlighting changed hidden options in bold.
- Added totals to the dial-up log and a session filter.
- Added sorting by application in the application view.
- Added a more stable version of the WFP driver for LAN traffic filtering.
- Fixed showing popup menu on the graph on left-positioned secondary display.
Changes for v5.2.7 - v5.2.9
- More reliable uninstallation process to ensure no orphan files are left.
- Added a workaround to obtain application names that were previously recorded as unknown.
- Added deleting past records for applications from the Applications view.
- Expanded the default multicast IP address range to avoid recording multicast traffic as non-local.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering driver (now uses Windows Filtering Platform on Windows 7 and above).
Changes for v5.2.4 - v5.2.7
- Added a built-in network driver for LAN traffic filtering similar to that in v5.1.7 to v5.2.0. It should be more stable now.
- Fixed repositioning the graph after PC resume as sometimes it could have been unnecessarily reset.
- Hidden settings are made easier to use with boolean options toggled with a double click.
Changes for v5.2.2 - v5.2.4
- Portable version uses INI file if present or DB file otherwise.
- Fixed recording and displaying heavy transfers over 500 MB/s.
- Added showing MAC addresses for WinPCap adapters.
- Redesigned Speed Meter also displays total traffic volume.
- Currently logged user highlighted in the list of users in totals.
- Added subheadings at the General tab showing actual periods.
- Notification area icon's status and position are remembered correctly on Windows 7.
- Fixed a possible crash in the traceroute code.
- Improved compatibility with NetBalancer.
Changes for v5.2.1 - v5.2.2
- Fixed launching applications with a space in their name in notifications.
- Fixed painting legend for hourly graph in left to right mode.
- Fixed numeric desk band disappearance upon locking/unlocking the task bar.
- Added a few hidden settings: fixed rate unit, router community string, quota dialog instead of usage on hotkey.
- Added displaying time and sorting in dial-up session view.
- Reopening WinPCap adapter after resuming from stand by and hibernation.
- Added opening netstat on tray icon double click and opening usage report at single click.
- Added highlighting items exceeding quota for daily, weekly and monthly reports when appropriate quota is set.
- Fixed writing XLS files, now writing numbers as numbers, not as strings.
Changes for v5.1.7 - v5.2.1
- Fixed establishing/dropping dial-up connection on 64-bit systems.
- Made several optimisations to display usage reports faster.
- Added NetWorx popup menu to the desk band as well.
- Fixed sorting weekly, monthly, dial and hourly reports when ascending sort was set.
- Using WinPCap instead of custom network driver for ignoring local traffic.
- Graph is no longer stranded if an auxilary monitor is disconnected.
- Fixed a few issues with recording traffic in the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Added Vietnamese languages and a few others have been updated.
- Fully 64-bit release including desk band now available on 64-bit systems.
- Desk band is now displayed properly on the translucent taskbar.
- Fixed a problem with metering UDP traffic in the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Fixed incorrect alignment of certain user interface elements on systems with large fonts enabled.
- Fixed refreshing dial-up sessions report that had no effect.
- Last opened tab in the usage reports is now preserved between views.
- Fixed choosing another user in the usage report did not update the view.
- Fixed graph visibility and size was not saved in some cases upon shutdown.
- Added showing user quota dialog upon the tray icon click.
- Added redialing a dial-up connection if it seems to hang.
- Added SNMP-capable router monitoring feature.
- Today and since traffic indicators at the general tab made configurable.
- Ping and traceroute tools accept URLs in addition to plain host names.
- A number of improvements to the user interface.
- Updated network drivers solve incompatibility with AVG and several other issues.
Changes for v5.1.4 - v5.1.7
- Improved compatibility with systems with VirtualBox installed.
- Rarely used settings "Snap to desktop edges" and "Smooth spikes" moved to hidden settings.
- Added an option to show/hide animated usage bars.
- Added an option to choose appearance of the tray icon.
- Using a new network driver to filter out LAN traffic. If it works okay, NetWorx will soon be able to track usage per application.
- The Ignore LAN option has been removed from the portable build as it now requires installation of a network driver. Use the installation package if you need this option.
- Added a configurable delay in the hidden settings that allows to postpone making a dial-up connection.
- Notification condition can now be set to less than 1 KB (previously 1 KB was the lower limit).
- If automatic dialing is turned on, also dial a connection upon resume.
- Dial-up connections are logged more accurately (log sessions established before NetWorx was started).
- Added a hidden setting to set number of seconds between minute ticks.
- Fixed failure to launch from notifications programs with command-line parameters.
- Added usage bars shown on the graph when fixed Y-scale is turned on.
- Fixed bridged connections monitoring that was broken in the previous version.
- Removed the Display Graph on Startup option. Instead NetWorx remembers last graph state.
- The Grid Lines in Reports option has moved to the hidden settings as rarely used.
- Added hotkeys for the graph and usage windows.
- Added initial configuration wizard shown upon first launch.
- Improved compatilibty with Online Armor Firewall.
- Added time zone offset in the hidden settings to allow users to compensate clock if their ISP uses a different time zone.
- Added dial-up summary on the At a Glance report.
- Fixed dial-up connection recording for the case when NetWorx was shut down before a dial-up connection has been disconnected.
Changes for v5.1.2 - v5.1.4
- Fixed double-click mode that could not be set.
- Quota overuse notification no longer closes automatically.
- Removed workaround added in the previous version as in some cases it failed to detect real network adapters.
- Improved compatibility with ESet Smart Security and NetLimiter.
- Added the Arabic language and a few others updated.
- Added a quota on dial-up duration.
- Added a period indicator in the quota manager showing user's progress towards the quota.
- Double-click on the tray icon can now be configured.
- Added daily/weekly/monthly usage summary shown on the graph.
- Use a simple gray icon to indicate that NetWorx isn't monitoring the current network.
- Added selectable max rate unit (bytes/KB/MB/bit/Kbit/Mbit).
- Added additional remind option when quota is being used.
- Added workaround for most virtual adapters that should no longer interfere with NetWorx readings.
- Added an option to choose where to store user settings.
- Added choice of unit when exporting usage data.
- Added the name of a monitored interface to the system tray hint/tooltip.
- At a glance report now shows on-peak usage and off-peak usage along with a total.
Changes for v5.1.1 - v5.1.2
- Dial-up application launch list is made editable and accepts command-line parameters to be passed to applications.
- Added all-time/on-peak/off-peak as an extra condition in notifications.
- Currently active hour is now shown in the hour selection matrix.
- Added a workaround to prevent incorrect readings when installed with NetLimiter 3.
- Changed notification processing: if actions include dropping dial-up connections, the timer is reset when a new connection is dialed. Otherwise it caused premature occurrence of the event.
- Added import of IP address to be ignored (formats understood are IP address range, CIDR and individual IP addresses).
- Bandwidth rates shown under the graph are made monochrome (this can be reverted via a hidden setting).
- Added a hidden setting allowing to relocate the database to another folder.
- Updated language files and minor user interface tweaks.
- Added more shutdown options: power off, stand by, hibernate and restart.
Changes for v5.1 - v5.1.1
- Added dial-up connection name and speed shown in the tray icon tooltip.
- Implemented correct usage recording when multiple users were logged on at once (fast user switching).
- Fixed excessive reading from the disk when showing daily/weekly/monthly usage on hovering tray icon was enabled (now updated once a minute).
- Updated language files and other minor tweaks.
- Fixed sorting usage reports when daily usage exceeded 2 GB.
Changes for v5.0.9 - v5.1
- Fixed a desk band issue that caused a crash on Windows 7 in certain circumstances.
- Fixed graph shown off-screen if the monitor where it had been displayed became unavailable.
- Fixed showing 'unavailable' in the graph title when the chosen adapter was not available at startup and became available later.
- Added password check when accessing quota settings when the password protection is enabled.
- Added network manager allowing to exclude certain networks from monitoring.
- Fixed an error in computations of monthly periods when the month started 29th, 30th or 31st.
Changes for v5.0.8 - v5.0.9
- Fixed doubling outgoing traffic records on Vista/Seven with mobile broadband and "dial-up" ADSL.
- Fixed graph shown in taskbar when Frameless Graph Window in the hidden options was turned on.
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) language.
Changes for v5.0.7 - v5.0.8
- Fixed a memory leak on Vista and Seven in early downloads of version 5.0.7.
- Fixed displaying month names when usage chart was in the non-stacked bars mode.
- Any broadcast traffic is ignored in the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Added Windows 7 locale bug workaround where the US date format was used instead of the one chosen in standards and formats.
- Added Norwegian, Slovak and Turkish languages.
Changes for v5.0.3 - v5.0.7
- Added 'All wireless connections' monitoring option (Vista and higher).
- Fixed inability to select some network connections on Windows Vista and Seven.
- Added graph fading out when the mouse is hovering and the click-through mode is turned on.
- Added a few new preferences in the hidden settings (press Ctrl + O in the settings window).
Changes for v5.0.1 - v5.0.3
- Added drop-down month list in custom reports to quickly access monthly usage.
- Added import of DU Meter Backup files (*.sqbackup) and NetMeter files (*.csv) under the Restore button in the usage report.
- Added IP address manager to exclude custom networks as local traffic.
- Short-term notifications now can apply in a wider range. Now 'more' conditions trigger even if they occur before time elapses
- Playing a windows sound when quota overused message shown.
- Some fixes related to sleep and hibernation issues when the Ignore LAN option was turned on.
- Volume unit multiplier made customisable (1000 or 1024 bytes per KB).
- On/off-peak hours menu item in the usage report now causes the tray tooltip to display on/off-peak usage info accordingly.
- Added Korean language.
Changes for v4.9.4 - v5.0.1
- Added a language selector shown upon first launch.
- Fixed Explorer crash on Vista/Windows 7 when desk band is turned on.
- Added Chinese, German, Polish languages.
Changes for v4.9.3 - v4.9.4
- Graph labels are now compactly formatted (K/M).
- Added purely numeric graph display.
- Hourly report made sortable.
- Tray icon now has got static title if 'Hide inactive icons' Windows option is on.
- Quota now shows allowance left in addition to used and total.
- Added 'Enable Graph Click-Through' menu item (visible only if graph is being displayed and is semi-transparent).
- Graph color selectors now offer a better choice of colors.
- Added option to automatically bring up the graph when a certain condition is met.
- Graph ticks are drawn with dots rather than dashes.
Changes for v4.9.2 - v4.9.3
- Added option to display either a polyline or a histogram in the real-time graph.
- Added 'remind me in' option in message about overused quota to make it less annoying.
Changes for v4.9.1 - v4.9.2
- Quota settings are now saved when window closed.
- Fixed the hourly report when last hour of the day might have been shown wrongly.
- The hourly report highlights on/off-peak hours.
Changes for v4.8 - v4.9.1
- Fixed quota and weekly/monthly report computations.
- Days 29, 30 and 31 are now allowed again as the first day of the month.
- A number of minor improvements: graph opacity can be adjusted with +/- numpad keys; fixed the remaining days counter in the quota; fixed a problem with hourly report (not all hours were displayed).
- Monthly, weekly and daily reports now include a grand total.
- Added a basic quota mechanism allowing to set a usage limit and keep an eye on it.
- Added an alert mechanism when quota is used up by a set percent.
- Added UL/DL volume to the hourly rate display.
- The notification window now pops up topmost.
- Fixed on-peak/off-peak hour settings. Now only on-peak hours need to be entered. Off-peak is computed automatically.
- Monthly total shown in the system tray icon's tooltip is now computed properly when the month starts not from the 1st.
- Added a hot key to activate/deactivate the click-through mode.
Changes for v4.7.4 - v4.8
- In the desk band placed on a vertical taskbar numbers are shown underneath. In the deskband placed on a horizontal taskbar numbers are shown at the left as before.
- Usage data stored on a per-hour basis. On-peak and off-peak hours can be configured for an accurate account.
- Beginning of the month and beginning of the week can be customized if it is needed.
- Added a hourly bandwidth rate report. You can see your average data transfer rate in recent days and hours.
Changes for v4.7.3 - v4.7.4
- Fixed possible crash if NetWorx was started automatically before the Windows shell was fully initialized.
- Added 'Apply settings' button.
- Redesigned desk band made tidy and compact.
- Total usage is now shown in the tooltip in addition to download and upload.
Changes for v4.6.2 - v4.7.2
- Added a volume unit option (choosing among automatic, MB, KB and bytes).
- Fixed a potential issue in the installation script that might have led to inability to install NetWorx on some computers.
- Added option to have minute ticks on the graph.
- Fixed wrong graph positioning if in two consecutive sessions graph was not brought up.
- Added 'Reset graph' button to bring the graph back if it happens to be shown off-screen.
- Fixed a timing issue where the program might have crashed on Windows start up.
- The graph should now be properly saved and restored on multi-monitor systems.
- Added option to have either numeric or graphical display when the desk band is in compact mode.
- Tunnel and firewire interfaces are now ignored when monitoring all interfaces in addition to loopback.
- Added a nice bar chart to daily, weekly, and monthly usage reports.
- Enhanced tooltip can show weekly and monthly usage in addition to daily one.