SlySoft extends promotion

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 01 Jan 2009 19:28 User comments (33)

SlySoft extends promotion Citing "tremendous customer response", SlySoft has announced they will be extending their current promotional period until January 11th, giving potential buyers another 10 days to figure out if they want free lifetime updates of the popular programs.
"Based on tremendous customer response SlySoft management has decided to extend both the current 20% promotion and lifetime free updates until Sunday, January 11 2009 to give everybody a chance to sneak a peak at 2009 prices and subscription fees for better comparison.

As of January 11th, 2009, Slysoft will change its update policy from free lifetime updates to an annual subscription fee. All license purchases made before January 11th, 2009 will not be affected by this change; as promised, all licenses purchased before 2009 will still be honoured under Slysoft's free lifetime update policy.

SlySoft announces this step in advance in order to provide its customers with the choice between the old and new licensing model. Buyers who act quickly can get an additional discount with the current ongoing special promotion.

Until January 11 2009 Slysoft offers a 20% discount on all software products--except upgrades. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of Slysoft's products, now is the right time to act!"

If you have been planning to buy AnyDVD, AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD or any other of their products, now is the perfect time to do so, especially considering BD+ has once again been defeated by SlySoft.

11.1.2009 19:38

Buy AnyDVD. Now. You won't regret it! Go.

21.1.2009 19:47

Excellent !

Life is Grand !

31.1.2009 20:11

Its not worth 100$ and never will be.

41.1.2009 20:12

too expensive for me initially, freeware still works even though they dont update it anymore i think ill ride it out and see how this pans out.

51.1.2009 20:16

Originally posted by Tecbot:

I think you will be missing out on a fine opportunity.

Jo

Life is Grand !

61.1.2009 20:19

Originally posted by Tecbot:

I think you will be missing out on a fine opportunity.

Jo
Why? this feels like a rev grab before going belly up, and if not the price is insane and will damage it more than anything else..

71.1.2009 21:26

Someone tell me I'm not the only one that saw this coming.

81.1.2009 21:41

I purchased AnyDVD, Clone CD, and Clone DVD2 a couple of years ago and have been thrilled. That being said, I think I'll still wait to upgrade myself to AnyDvdHD until the software is more advanced, burners and MEDIA[b] are less expensive. I have no reason to upgrade yet. I do plan to. I have a PS3 and love blu movies.[/b]

91.1.2009 21:52

In reality, there are only 2 choices left. Anydvd and dvdfab HD

While dvdfabHD does a very good job and is free, it too may succomb to the pay for business model and no longer remain free.

AnydvdHD is the last BD+ supported decrypter.

While true, we are in the midst of economic hard times, Anydvd/HD can fold at any moment, so can may other businesses.

Slysoft over the years has never given their customers anything other than outstanding service (and value for their products).Their prices have gone up substantially, yet so has everything else.

Slysoft is doing what it has to stay economically viable.
Remember, dvdfab, has also gone to the yearly subscription renewal model. DvdfabHD can also be no longer free - at any moment.

We, at present have choices. I wish we can keep it that way. To give out the notion that Slysoft is doing this just to line their pockets with money and then abscond with it (without proof) is irresponsible.

Just our thoughts

Jo

Life is Grand !

102.1.2009 0:36

Originally posted by Run4two:
IF you already have anydvd and you have updated it anytime in the last year then you already have anydvd hd as well.. Its not a separate program.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Jan 2009 @ 0:37

112.1.2009 7:33

Originally posted by bryston:
In reality, there are only 2 choices left. Anydvd and dvdfab HD

AnydvdHD is the last BD+ supported decrypter.

Slysoft is doing what it has to stay economically viable.

Just our thoughts

Jo
Meh its one of 2 likely worst case scenarios, the other being price hiking and a decline of quality.

No matter the rarity a possibility is still a possibility but more likely they are doing what corporate media is doing hiking the price because they have a racket on Blu ray protection circumvention, if there was real choice in the matter they could not charge so much because competition would keep them reasonably responsible…….

And frankly the price hiking merits extreme comments about their stupidity.

122.1.2009 8:26
suffering

100$? not worth, too much for me

132.1.2009 9:54

Makes me wonder if they got the response they were looking for?

142.1.2009 11:25

going to try hard to come up with the 41.75 to upgrade to anydvdhd before the 11th

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Jan 2009 @ 12:06

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Mobo/Western Digital Black WD5003AZEX 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics/CORSAIR Hydro Series H80 (CWCH80) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Plextor PX-810SA Sata Drives/Asus IPS 27"PB278Q Monitor 2560 x 1440 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

152.1.2009 12:01

I'm still trying to come up with the extra to get Anydvd before the 11th. Kind of glad they extended it.

162.1.2009 12:27

7thsinger have you read this thread? we can now backup blu-ray movies with a read only BD ODD using standard blank SL or DL media with anydvdhd and BD Rebuilder beta!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Jan 2009 @ 12:27

172.1.2009 12:40

Yeah, i saw that. Been toying with the idea of picking up a BD drive just to goof around with it. I'm too cheap for DL media, much less blank BluRay.

182.1.2009 12:46

yeah i'm going to check into a external blu-ray drive

192.1.2009 17:07

Originally posted by Run4two:
That is only halftrue. While AnyDVD HD is integrated into AnyDVD, when you buy AnyDVD you don't get use of the HD portion of the program. To enable HD decryption you must pay for another license, a license for AnyDVD HD.

202.1.2009 17:14

Originally posted by ZoSoIV:

endo saw it and wants a new i7 965 quad core with 5Tb of HDDs.
endo does not know Christmas 2008 is over.
What am I to do with endo ?
Any suggestions ?

Jo

Life is Grand !

212.1.2009 19:25

he can upgrade to a Q9450 like i have and not spend the farm

222.1.2009 19:26

Originally posted by bryston:
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:

endo saw it and wants a new i7 965 quad core with 5Tb of HDDs.
endo does not know Christmas 2008 is over.
What am I to do with endo ?
Any suggestions ?

Jo

Go endo (?)

USC Trojans Rule Forever !!!

236.1.2009 13:00

Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
...yea those who don't upgrade now, will have to pay for each upgrade after that!

... question ZoSoIV... I've been trying to get my animation to work on my name here at Afterdark...and I can't make it work! I've followed all
the requirements...any suggestions?
Thanks!

246.1.2009 13:05

rlessmue PM i will try to help you out

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Jan 2009 @ 13:05

256.1.2009 13:09

No doubt Slysoft has raised their pricing and I liked it better when they were much cheaper but like AV software they provide current active support and that costs the company big money yet they haven't charged the annual fees a security sweet does at $50++ annually. The $70-80 for the full version or $42 to upgrade is well worth the price for lifetime support only the very cheap and blind to the big picture can't see this, but of course these are the people that are still buying HD-DVD's, he-he-he...

I couldn't find CloneBD2 on Slysoft's site what's up with that? LOL

So if you can afford it get your AnyDVD-HD before it's too late.

266.1.2009 13:13

Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
rlessmue PM i will try to help you out

Thanks!

2714.1.2009 16:07

Strange...........They seem to have extended the deadline yet again.

2827.2.2009 11:42
ckwan

Has any one actually tested this newer version of ANYDVD HD? If so, please let me know if it does work on the BD movies. I downloaded a previous version before but it worked on none of my BD movies. Slysoft would not allow me to install this newer trial version because my trial period on the older version has expired. Of course, I'm not going to spend my money on some thing that I'm not sure is going to work.
By the way, the DVDFab HD (including the most current version) has never worked on any of my BD movies.

2927.2.2009 12:14

yes it works fine if it doesn't its you're ODD NOT the program.read more info here

if you are using a laptop i can tell you now it will not work you will need a highend machine. box system (hp,dell etc.) will most likely fail also

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Feb 2009 @ 12:14

3027.2.2009 15:55
ckwan

I did use a Sony laptop with a built-in Blu Ray burner. Last time I ran the older version of AnyDVD HD, it was able to rip the entire BD into the hard drive. But the video files seemed to have been corrupted and no program could open them. Are you saying this is all due to the laptop?

3127.2.2009 15:56
ckwan

3227.2.2009 22:14

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Feb 2009 @ 22:15

3328.2.2009 9:25
ckwan

"yes its very possible the ODDs in laptops are pretty poor most the time . you might try an external drive/burner

[ + quote"
Are you 100% sure about this? I mean, it's easy for you to tell me to try this and that. For me, I'm going to have to spend $100 on AnyDVD HD plus whatever is going to cost me for the external Blu Ray hard drive. What if it doesn't work after I've spent all that money? Can you tell me a logical reason why a laptop would not be able to rip files properly from a BD whereas an external hard drive would? I must also point out that my laptop does not have any problem ripping files from DVD's.

Let me also ask you this: What program do you use to open the M2TS files in the STREAM folders after you rip them to the hard drive with ANYDVD HD? Did you ever try ANYDVD HD on the Blu Ray Twister or Category 7?