BD+ defeated again by SlySoft

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 30 Dec 2008 14:27 User comments (22)

BD+ defeated again by SlySoft After admitting defeat just two weeks ago at the hands of BD+, SlySoft has quickly turned around and beaten the DRM scheme, and earlier than promised.
AnyDVD HD version 6.5.0.2 will decrypt all current Blu-ray movies.

Movies that can now be decrypted as of the latest version that will not work using previous versions:

Futurama: Bender's Game (U.S.)
Firefly, The Complete Series (U.S.)
Planet of the Apes (1968 ) (U.S.)
Predator 2 (1990)
Shine a Light (U.K)
Planet of the Apes (the series), U.S.
Space Chimps, USA
Meet Dave, USA
X-Files 2
X-Files 1
Home Alone
The Day The Earth Stood Still: Special Edition
Jingle All The Way
Super Troopers
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
Horton hears a Who
French Connection I & II (UK)
In the Name of the King (US)
Vanishing Point (Germany)
Babylon A.D.

130.12.2008 14:35

Wow, that was fast! Werent they saying feb at the earliest would be when they'd crack it?

Guess I can count on BananaFarmer posting Planet of the Apes soon to alt.binaries.hdtv ;)

230.12.2008 15:06

Incredible.

Good work Slysoft, and keep it up.

330.12.2008 15:31

just in time for the Jan 1st deadline for lifetime upgrades. That should bring in a few more sales.

430.12.2008 16:01

It was expected the Anydvd would beat the any protection in a short time. I bet they had it beat a while ago and this is just the sales pitch before the end of the year.

530.12.2008 16:29

...I agree. That was quick...almost like "insider" stuff!

Note: Now is the time to buy... about 48 hours left...
meaning that if you buy after 01/01/09 you will have to pay
for each update!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 30 Dec 2008 @ 16:31

630.12.2008 16:31

hehhe i just love how the companies and hackers go in a cat and mouse game.

730.12.2008 16:53

Originally posted by 7thsinger:
Incredible.

Good work Slysoft, and keep it up.
100% agree with you there mate.
Slysoft i feel are the best in the market for this kinda thing no one else comes close... well maybe DVDFab comes close but i dont think they do blu-ray yet.

830.12.2008 18:43

I may need to invest in Anydvd HD before tomorrow night !

Life is Grand !

930.12.2008 20:09

Originally posted by bryston:
I may need to invest in Anydvd HD before tomorrow night !
I had purchased AnyDVD a few years ago, thinking how I might use it or not use it. Out of all the software I have used, this one keeps up with the times! I have used it to play DVD's from Japan, Korea, France,and US on my PC without any issues. I receive email updates on all new versions that come out, and have had excellent correspondence from their technical support (via email) regarding a Vista issue. I use XP (more stable, and certain programs run better on it than Vista), and have not tried the HD option... but I'm sure it'll work fine.

Hope this helps!
Cheers!

1030.12.2008 20:11

Whilst I admire the program and its programmers , they have spoken too early this time - their forums are full of reports of lots of BD+ blu ray discs that the latest version does NOT crack.
We really should read all those comments and reports before we applaud them because they have not achieved the desired goal yet.

1130.12.2008 20:20

They (SLYSOFT) DESERVE an applaud regardless! No other company has the desire like Slysoft to keep a fairuse policy like Slysoft.

1231.12.2008 2:00

Slysoft rocks! Been using them for DVD's for 4+ years. I don't even have a HD/Bluray drive but I went ahead and paid the US~$44 to upgrade. Without a doubt the it will be the best software investment I've ever made.

1331.12.2008 5:30

They (SLYSOFT) DESERVE an applaud regardless!
Yeah you're right - I agree - let's applaud them to the heavens for announcing to everyone that they have cracked BD+ even though they have failed.

1431.12.2008 9:07

.WOW! What a gripper!! Are they not ever evolving? Do you ever see them just stopping work and say we'll work on that later?

Maybe they over looked something and will fix it in a newer version like they always do.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 Dec 2008 @ 9:08

1631.12.2008 12:55

...So, you speak as if YOU could do better?

...Well, the world awaits your efforts!

Three cheers for Slysoft for what they have been able to accomplish,
and continue to accomplish.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 Dec 2008 @ 14:39

1731.12.2008 13:59

It looks like Slysoft may be still offering lifetime updates even after the year is over according to their current Purchasepage.

The option is currently grayed out but, for AnyDVD (and all their other software) it says "Subscription: Lifetime 64.00" the next column says "Price: 49.00".

The price varies per software, but they all have a grayed out "Subscription" box that currently says "Lifetime" in it with a higher price than normal.

1831.12.2008 16:25

Originally posted by domie:
They (SLYSOFT) DESERVE an applaud regardless!
domie, BD+ will constantly evolve. The Blu-ray disc association knew this when creating this copy protection. BD+ can constantly be renewed. So it will always be a game of cat and mouse.

- Q, Has SlySoft cracked BD+? A, Yes!

- Q, Will BD+ be renewed so that SlySoft will constantly need to release updates? A, Again, the answer is yes.

1927.2.2009 12:02
ckwan

Has any one actually tested this newer version of ANYDVD HD? If so, please let me know if it does work on the BD movies. I downloaded a previous version before but it worked on none of my BD movies. Slysoft would not allow me to install this newer trial version because my trial period on the older version has expired. Of course, I'm not going to spend my money on some thing that I'm not sure is going to work.
By the way, the DVDFab HD (including the most current version) has never worked on any of my BD movies.

2027.2.2009 12:51

ckwan - you've been answered here already - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/735663/4560098

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Feb 2009 @ 12:52

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

2128.2.2009 9:30
ckwan

Can some one explain what BD+ is?

2228.2.2009 11:12

Originally posted by ckwan:
Can some one explain what BD+ is?