AnyDVD HD gets Blu-ray support

Written by James Delahunty (Google+) @ 05 Mar 2007 17:14 User comments (29)

AnyDVD HD gets Blu-ray support With the release of AnyDVD HD v.6.1.3.0, license owners can now decrypt Blu-ray titles as well as HD DVD, and even bypass region code controls on the discs. It hasn't even been four weeks since the first release of AnyDVD HD, which gave the average consumer a tool to bypass AACS copy protection on HD DVD titles. Now, as per user request, SlySoft has upgraded the tool for Blu-ray, meaning there will be no separate software for the format as was previously thought.
Here is the changelog...

• New: Added Blu-Ray support
  • New: Added removal of Blu-Ray region code
  • Change: Automatic update notification is now less intrusive (it uses a ballon tool tip) on Windows XP and Vista
  • Change: I/O on 64bit OS (WinXP64/Vista64) moved to kernel mode
  • Updated ElbyCDIO layer, fixes "cannot get exclusive access" inCloneDVD and CloneCD under XP64 and Vista64
  • Change: ElbyCDIO uses less CPU cycles under Windows XP and Vista
  • Change: After using CloneCD or CloneDVD, AnyDVD does no longer rescan the disc under XP64 and Vista64.
  • Fix: HD DVDs without iHD menus did not work
  • Fix: AnyDVD did not shut down properly when user logged off
  • Fix: AnyDVD could be unintentionally disabled for some drives
  • Fix: AnyDVD could detect ARccOS copy protection on short multiangle titles (e.g., extras on Monster House, R4) by mistake
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages
"Since it was our firm conviction that the first copyable format would prevail in the end, our original intention was actually to support only HD-DVD. However, since the introduction of AnyDVD HD we have received so many customer inquiries about Blu-Ray that we simply couldn't close our eyes to this wish." Giancarlo Bettini, CEO at SlySoft said.

James Wong, an AnyDVD developer added:"SONY will see this with a mixed bag of sentiments. On the one hand, Blu-Ray is now equally copyable and on the other hand the market share deck of cards gets reshuffled".

Source:
SlySoft

15.3.2007 17:29
pstamer

One step ahead as usual. Rock on Slysoft!

25.3.2007 18:53

If SlySoft was a beautiful woman I would give her the high-wet-one. Keep it up SlySoft.

35.3.2007 19:08
webe123

I am confused....isn't the reason the people that made DVD XCopy, sued and shut down was because they made it to where you could copy store bought DVD movies?

How is this any different? Isn't it just letting you copy store bought HD DVD and Blue Ray titles, as well as regular DVD titles??
So what is the difference?

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Mar 2007 @ 19:10

45.3.2007 19:13

dvd xcopy was based in countries that had laws against copyright circumvention, even for those encrypted items that you had a legal right to backup (love the murkiness of the law, eh?). slysoft is based on one of those tropical islands that has no such laws, and thus can't be touched by american/european media mafias.

55.3.2007 19:16

Location of your offices matters...

65.3.2007 21:43
duckNrun

I agree, as in real estate it's all about:

Location, Location, Location

76.3.2007 4:53
hughjars

It was only a matter of time.

Kudos Slysoft!

86.3.2007 6:28

If anything that'll make more Blu-ray players sell, people want to back-up their expensive movies. Sony should be happy with this.

And those American organizations that are spending millions trying to take down good companies like Slysoft, should stop that and put their money toward World Hunger or something.

96.3.2007 8:32
ckwan

The problem is Blue-Ray burners are still not available in many parts of the country and the Blur-Ray discs are still too expensive.

106.3.2007 11:30

Cool stuff, one thing I disagree with:

The "Balloon" popup to notify of available updates. I hate with a passion the XP popup balloons! I didn't mind the way it was before this update. It was better in my opinion.

116.3.2007 17:10

I agree the popups are annoying but I bet you can turn that off, I haven't tried the new version yet to say for sure.

Why do you think Sony is the only one to profit by BD? There are about a dozen companies involved in the project as is true of HD as well.

As to disc costs BD's are down to $3 which is cheap if you think about it. DL's are still around that price and they have been around too long for the price to be so high. I can get 25G on a BD and only 8.5G on a DL so you do the math, it's a no brainer.

I don't know where you are in the country but if you have an internet connection, and it seems you do, you can get a BD player. For one there are PS3's on the retail shelves and guess what they have a BD player for the same price as a SA unit.

Love to see AnyDVD come thru once again, GOOD GOING SLYSOFT!!

127.3.2007 5:01

This is great company!! They stay on top of everything!
Highly Recommended

138.3.2007 14:44

to my understanding Sony owns Blu-ray format so for another company to use the disc they will have to pay small royalties.

148.3.2007 15:01

what can you say about a magnificent product/ i believe after windows xp, AnyDVD is the most important program in my pc.....i almost use it every single day........keep on rockin' slysoft!

158.3.2007 17:06

what other software would you use with HD/blueray/Anydvd? For standard back-ups I use it with Shrink.

168.3.2007 18:57

Originally posted by webe123:

So what is the difference?
Another critical mistake DVD XCopy made was they intergrated the decryption tool in the disc copying software. That opened the door for lawsuits. The disc copying software you see today doesn't contain any decryption software, and vice versa.

178.3.2007 20:10
cappyx

i am a bit confused as well. if you buy this sly soft software are you not open for a law suit as well? and if you use a credit card would that not have trace-ability to you? does any know the legalities of this?

188.3.2007 23:34

Please please please Slysoft, release a version for Macs. Even if it just gets around region coding

The Mac users are crying out for your product

199.3.2007 3:39
ckwan

Mr-Movie:
How much did it cost you to get a blue-ray burner? Where did you get it from? Also, where did you get the $3-cost BD disc? It cost $25 in NYC.

209.3.2007 7:00

Also DVD X-Copy's compression formula SUCKED ASS!!!!! Clone DVD is wonderful, they got it right.

2118.5.2009 17:11

Originally posted by hirsch1:
Shrink sucks!!!!

2218.5.2009 17:29

Originally posted by spcsanta6:
Shrink sucks!!!!
You dredged up a 2 year old News item just to say that ?

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

2321.5.2009 17:55

Yes I did because I have had it with shrink and I am looking for a better program as I just started ripping. I have the slysoft programs and I still cannot rip Reddragon. Says that same cyclic redundency and it is a brand new DVD! That crap is killing me and the problem with most of the ones that I cannot rip!

2422.5.2009 10:13

I was here 2 years ago.....

You complained about shrink in the wrong area. This was about Blu-ray support not DVD support.

I've never used Shrink. If you're having problems with AnyDVD update to the latest version. I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and have a 99% successful burn rate using those 2 programs.

If you are referring to Red Dragon (Hannibal) I had no problems a couple years ago. Try CloneDVD if that doesn't work might not be the software. Which leaves Hardware and/or user.

2522.5.2009 13:27

I have been using DVDClone and AnyDVD, but I am only trying to rip these movies to my TeraByte.

2625.5.2009 11:41

TeraByte, is that a Hard Drive?

Right Click AnyDVD icon in bottom right of screen and select Rip to Hard drive.

2726.5.2009 0:02
catus2

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone
Find Idiot edited by ddp

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 May 2009 @ 12:47

2828.5.2009 14:03

Yes that is an external hard drive.

2914.2.2010 19:29

This may already have been answered, sorry if it's a repeat. I haven't been able to find if AnyDVD HD will also work with standard DVD's. I have used the standard AnyDVD program for my trial period & liked it. I'm looking to purchase a lifetime license, but want to make sure if I do that I will be able to use it for DVD's & Blu-Ray's. It says "Same features as regular AnyDVD, but I want to verify before spending almost $150!!! Thank you in advance!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Feb 2010 @ 19:34