Nero passes 5 million downloads on AfterDawn

Written by James Delahunty (Google+) @ 07 Jul 2008 18:00 User comments (15)

Nero passes 5 million downloads on AfterDawn Recently, Nero Burning ROM passed the 5,000,000 download mark on AfterDawn.com's Download Section. Considering the amount of software we host vs. the total amount of software downloads, 5 million is a very impressive tally for a single item. It is also quite impressive when you consider that the Nero Burning ROM package has traditionally been quite large compared to most of our downloads, with the current v8.3.2.1 version being 185.15MB.
AfterDawn and related websites can bring quite a lot of exposure and attention to software, and Nero of course, has always had a place in our key areas of focus. We have always been thrilled that so many people would use us as a download source to return to, allowing us to make these little and large milestones we report now and then.

Nero is bundled with DVD drives, so the figure is probably small relative to the overall distribution of the software, but it puts it near the top on AfterDawn (although very far away from DVD Shrink's 17 million tally) so we figure that its as good a reason as any to mention the small milestone.

Download Nero:

17.7.2008 18:16

Nice ^^

I still prefer nero 7 ultra, has the bugs been worked out of 8?

27.7.2008 19:13

Nero is a great piece of software. I put it on my laptop the day I got it last year.

5 million is a nice amount, and its the 5th most downloaded software on aD to boot.

37.7.2008 20:09

Nero may get bundled but a fat lot of good nero essentials is,just what i need more bloom'n shareware,just when i thought i'd be able to upgrade from nero 6 for nothing,instead buying a new dvd drive bit me in the ass..lol..

47.7.2008 20:51

Personally im not a fan off nero. But hey, congrats AD and congrats nero..

57.7.2008 23:43

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
Nice ^^

I still prefer Nero 7 ultra, has the bugs been worked out of 8?
I have to agree, I've had Nero on Vista for over a year without any trouble. Converts video files at a decent speed on 2 cores.

68.7.2008 1:02
susieqbbb

You do know that people are only downloading nero like crazy so they can use illegal patches on it.

Most people don't want to give nero there e-mail address to download there trial version so users go though other means.

78.7.2008 2:27

Very presumptuous of you but I've seen the way traffic pans out on this site and the vast majority of traffic to the Nero page actually comes from people who found instructional information from a search engine that contained Nero. In other words, these people are totally new to burning or converting of whatever they are doing, therefore its highly unlikely they searched for help achieving a task and ended up at the end of a string of pages downloading Nero... all with intent to download the trial and crack it.

88.7.2008 8:40

Originally posted by lecsiy:
Personally im not a fan off nero. But hey, congrats AD and congrats nero..
Second that.

98.7.2008 11:35

Nero v7.01 was by far the best Nero out, but i was just interested in the tools that came with it more than the burning program, for burning I use Alcohol 120%.

As far as downloads go congratulations on AD's part,

108.7.2008 12:01

Nro 8 is great, 7 was excelent but i been haing some trubel under vista, Nero should come pre-installed in pc's , not that roxio...

118.7.2008 16:50

Originally posted by lecsiy:
Personally im not a fan off nero. But hey, congrats AD and congrats nero..
Second that.
Same here, Disc Juggler for files etc, Decrypter, Alcohol for iso's.

~Congrats to AD!

1214.7.2008 10:46

Amazing! I concur with 7thsinger & lecsiy. I have it on my computer and use it as a last resort. I find Nero makes too many coasters and just does not do things as well as the top shareware apps. Anyone that knew anything in that organization left years ago. It will not allow you to select a speed below half the rated burn speed. I complained to tham about that feature and blamed the drive the firmware and the OS but they were blameless. All the good packages I use will allow you to burn at 1X if you want to. I guess they figure if you think you need to burn that slow it is OK by them. I usually burn at 1/4 rates speed because I hate to make coasters. I do use only the top 3 but even Sony, the worst I will use, has bad disks. If I burn at 1/4 I rarely have problems. How dare Nero figure you are too stupid to select your burn rate. I hate those morons!!! Nero is way better than Roxio now Sonic. That make Nero look real good. Sonic is so fast it does not allow you to pick your own burn rate. I am sure it just burns at max.

1314.7.2008 15:16

Easy media creator always makes more coasters for me, Nero is better,IMG burn the best of the free ware lot.

1415.7.2008 7:35

I forgot about Easy media creator. That is pure garbage but it is easy to use if you need some coasters.

1524.7.2008 13:16
ckwan

Nero indicates on its website that the purchase of Nero 8 would allow you to use the software on one computer at a time. If you want to install the software to a 2nd computer, you would have to first uninstall it from the current computer. How can one uninstall a software from a computer with the information of uninstalling passed on to a second computer so that the installation CD would allow you to install Nero 8 on the second computer?

I have not yet purchased Nero 8 but probably would not purchase it if it takes too much time to go through this process.