GoodSync is garbage.
Typically, my GoodSync experience goes like this:
* I find that I have a sync task.
* I install the latest version of GoodSync, hoping that it has improved since my last attempt.
* I encounter a bunch of intermittent errors.
* I submit tickets through GoodSyncs help system, and I receive prompt-but-generic-and-totally-unhelpful feedback.
* I delete GoodSync and resort to another solution.
Why do I keep going back to it? Because I paid for it, and I cling to the hope that they will eventually fix their software to the point where its *minimally* effective. No dice. It remains as much garbage as it was when I purchased it.
Just some of the errors Ive encountered:
* Locks up while attempting to sync to a folder. Just becomes totally unresponsive. The process needs to be killed, and often the machine rebooted, to recover from the lockup.
* "Undefined Error: 0." Constantly. This is GoodSyncs version of "An error occurred." Could be a million reasons. Dont bother emailing GoodSync customer support - they dont know and wont help you.
* Sync jobs just fail, spontaneously, mid-sync. The sync is running perfectly, the volumes are both still available... aaaaaaaand it abruptly stops.
* The network browser is overdesigned and overcomplicated. All you want do is to specify a URL, a username, and a password. Sometimes it accepts the settings. Sometimes it doesnt, it just uses the old settings, and then barfs out random error messages.
I give up. They are never going to upgrade this software to minimal usability or competence. I have scoured all of my computer systems of this bloated trashware and deleted my registration information.
Dont make the same mistake I did. Dont waste your time, and dont give this developer money. You will regret every dime and every moment you spend on this garbage software.