AnyDVD HD tackles AACS again

Written by James Delahunty (Google+) @ 20 May 2007 19:59 User comments (26)

AnyDVD HD tackles AACS again SlySoft's popular anti-copy protection tool AnyDVD (HD) has attacked the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) copy protection on HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc titles once again. The company strives to keep up with copy protection changes and re-enforcements on a title-by-title basis and its track record is in its favor. We reported already that the latest attempt from AACS LA to protect newer titles was beaten.
The newest AnyDVD version, 6.1.5.4, promises support for "new version of AACS" for new titles, a workaround for a mastering error on "Relentless Enemies" (HD DVD), a warning dialog if HD DVD or Blu-ray processing fails and fixes a Sony ARccOS Decryption bug for DVD-Video titles. Here is the changelog...
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for new version of AACS
  • New: AnyDVD ripper displays the volume label of the discs
  • New: AnyDVD ripper and AnyDVD HD ripper are now unified
  • New: AnyDVD ripper warns, if destination directory is not empty
  • New: AnyDVD ripper creates destination directory, if it doesn't exist
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for new titles
  • New (HD DVD): Workaround for mastering error on "Relentless Enemies"
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Added warning dialog, if HD DVD or Blu-ray
    processing did not work
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Added workaround for "eject" bug in Sonic DLA
  • New: Added timeout to prevent hang on exit in some situations
  • Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper did not work correctly with multiple Angles.
    If you want more control (stream selection, main movie only
    selection, ...) we recommend to use CloneDVD2 available at
    http://www.slysoft.com instead of AnyDVD ripper.
  • Fix (DVD): Sony Arccos Decryption bug introduced in 6.1.4.3, sorry
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages
You cannot download this tool from AfterDawn.com. For more information, see SlySoft's website.

120.5.2007 20:16

I adore and respect SlySoft... keep up the great service.
one question why is SlySoft untouchable when other software creators have had immense pressure placed on them?
SlySoft forever

220.5.2007 20:56
gogochar

SlySoft is in the country of Antigua. There are no decryption laws there.

320.5.2007 21:02
duckNrun

Yeppers. The big companies all cried that they wanted a global market, a global economy. They shifted our good paying jobs to third world countries to reduce costs while still raising prices to cover the rising exec pay (can't outsource that CEO position to India I guess LOL)... and then here comes the bite in the butt:

People in these outsourced economies using the same global market place to buy EXCELLENT Software from some small island nation to re-exert our fair use rights.

Makes me think that this global village thing might not be so bad after all....lol

420.5.2007 21:16

@gogochar that was the precise answer thankyou.
I had been asked that question many times and asked it myself now I know for sure.
lets keep our fingers crossed Antigua does not change their laws anytime soon like the rest of the world
apologies for a question on the comments but it was a comment technically

521.5.2007 0:12
pigfister

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 May 2007 @ 7:38

621.5.2007 0:24

Originally posted by pigfister:
AACS is not Sony's, BD+ was demanded by Fox Studios (i.e NOT Sony) and Rom mark is not Sony's either.

721.5.2007 0:45
pigfister

Originally posted by jannne:
but BD+ SPDC (the ability for players to phone home and report usage and be remotely disabled by sony bgm ect) was pushed by both the MPAA and AACS LA, both companies are lead foremost by SONY and Disney so go figure!

this is from the av forums taken from the Blu-ray white paper

Originally posted by link:
Besides Sony, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is toying with the implementation of BD+ for it's titles.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 May 2007 @ 7:39

821.5.2007 4:02

You are correct jannne. Actually this is the reason why Fox has declared a moratorium on their BluRay releases until BD+ is in place. (An exercise in futility if you ask me.) Sony, Disney and the other studios are releasing as scheduled.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 May 2007 @ 5:04

921.5.2007 4:45

Originally posted by pigfister:
Dude if your going to rant & rave on every post about DRM a least know what your talking about.....

1021.5.2007 5:41
pigfister

Originally posted by NexGen76 :
dude do you know who AACS LA are? they are: Sony, Disney, Intel, Microsoft, Matsushita(Panasonic), Warner Brothers, IBM and Toshiba.

do you know who the MPAA is?:
Sony Pictures, Buena Vista (The Walt Disney Company), Paramount Pictures (Viacom -- which bought DreamWorks in February 2006), 20th Century Fox , Universal Studios , and Warner Bros. (Time Warner)

do you know who the BDA (Blu-ray Disc Association) board of directors are?
Apple, Inc., Dell, HP, Hitachi, LG, Mitsubishi Electric(Panasonic), Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Sun Microsystems, TDK, Thomson, Twentieth Century Fox, Walt Disney, Warner Bros.

these are the companies pushing the DRM.

1121.5.2007 11:10

Great job Slysoft i'll upgrade my AnyDVD license to HD toon.

1221.5.2007 15:20

Antigua..just a stones throw from Puerto Rico. On Google Earth zoomed in it looks like a nice tourist spot for the Caribbean cruise lines. Looks just like Hawaii! :)

1321.5.2007 16:44

I am not using this program at the moment but when i was using it, it was a great tool and still is. I would advise everyone to invest in this program.

1421.5.2007 17:25

I haven't come across any of my movies that AnyDVD can't tackle. BTW, 6.1.5.5 is now out there. Great product.

1524.5.2007 18:46

I have a question?

I have AnyDVD and love it , but sometimes when i get an error message I use DVDFabDecrypter and have to disable AnyDVD and it works fine! So just why do I need AnyDVD? Even tho I use it about 95% of the time!! What are the advantages,differences or shortcomings of both??

1625.5.2007 3:28

Originally posted by NexGen76 :
[quote]dont you love the way its always sony the produces the exploitable & less than compatible DRM, Sony should be thanking and more to the point paying SlySoft, for fixing their mistake with the bugged ARccOS DRM not even working on sony dvd players, at least now you can strip the sony code and watch the film! Sony DRM is why i will never own a Blu-ray BD+ SPDC is Sony's demise once the Blu-ray players start to shut down.

do you know who the MPAA is?:

do you know who the BDA (Blu-ray Disc Association) board of directors are?

these are the companies pushing the DRM.

now cross reference all 3 DRM bodies and you find the same companies cropping up! Sony, Disney, Warner Bros.[/quote]Mitsubishi is not Panasonic. Matsushita is Panasonic.

1725.5.2007 7:10
billyt007

Originally posted by roryoss:
I have a question?

1825.5.2007 8:02
davidrose

Way to go the very best of the best Slysoft

1925.5.2007 8:06
spoodle

I have used AnyDVD with Clone DVD for a couple of years and have never had a problem. The programs are simple to use and do an excellent job of copying my dvds. I recommend this to anyone looking for a good program that is worth the price.

2025.5.2007 8:11

I think I'm right in saying that SlySoft are an Irish company but their business is registered in Antigua (for reasons that are obvious).

I hope I haven't made a boob in my first post! LOL.

2125.5.2007 8:50
billyt007

I love what you are doing and I have three of your programs, AnyDVD,CLONE DVD2,CLONE CD. I purchased all of these one at a time. My hope would be that if you are a current customer that when you have a new product out it would be nice to let them have some type of discount. You have to purchase all of them to get a discount each time. It there a reason for that????? PS I love your programs by the way as they have saved me alot of headacks getting movies and games. THANKS SlySoft...........

2225.5.2007 17:37

Imagine how good Windows would be if the Slysoft programmers did Microsoft's updates?

2325.5.2007 19:32

I've had AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for a couple of years now, what great products! I must have updated software versions of AnyDVD about 40 or 50 times. These guys are on top of every change and respond to it almost immediately.

However, I've had some problems with the latest software release 6.1.5.5 and 6.1.5.6. AnyDVD indicates that it has read an inserted DVD by displaying a little popup message and then it locks up PowerDVD. This is an older version of PowerDVD but I've never had any problem with it until now. If I disable AnyDVD before I insert and load the contents of a DVD, everything works fine. I dropped back to 6.1.4.3 to get around this problem.

Anyone have a similar problem ?

Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz CPU
512 Mb RAM
2 - 300 GB HDs
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D
DVD-ROM DVD-16X3H

2426.5.2007 12:15

AnyDVD by Slysoft is so up-to-date I just wonder why Slysoft CloneDVD2 only permits cutting chapters with their scissor feature rather than cutting frame by frame as does DVDshrink. Many times the last chapter of a movie contains more than just the final credits. For long movies is oftentimes desirable to cut the credits in front of the movie and at the end of the movie. This is an excellent feature that DVD Shrink provides. Slysoft is so avant-garde I just wonder why they haven't updated their 'scissor' process to reflect the state-of-the-art.

2527.5.2007 21:43
xsbozo

I've used AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, and CloneCD for the last couple years, and all three softwares rock!! These guys, and maybe gals, need patting on the back!!

2630.5.2007 17:02

Ditto. Where has Slysoft been all my life?