WinAVI Video Converter v8.0 released

Written by James Delahunty (Google+) @ 25 May 2007 21:16 User comments (15)

WinAVI Video Converter v8.0 released WinAVI Video Converter has updated to v8.0 (stable). WinAVI Video Converter is software for video conversion. It can support almost all formats of video including AVI, MPEG1/2/4, VCD/SVCD/DVD, DivX, XviD, ASF, WMV, RM, QuickTime MOV, Flash SWF. Also, it allows you to burn to VCD/SVCD/DVD. A powerful AV compress engine can complete a whole AVI movie conversion and burn it to DVD in 1 hour.
This software is quite popular at AfterDawn, having been downloaded from AfterDawn's servers 40,519 times at time of writing.

Download WinAVI Video Converter v8.0 from:

Here is the changelog...
  • New DVD Menu/Navigation Information/Multiplex Video Mixing engines developed. Support to create DVD menu/naviagation information and input multiplex video mixing.
  • Support rip DVD to any format, etc. Xvid+MP3....
  • Support to select multiple audio and subtitle streams.
  • Brand-new MPEG Encoder, which specifies more preferences.
  • Support to output MPEG file in it's Elementary Streams.
  • Support to output MPEG2 PS (Program Stream) and TS (Transport Stream).
  • Support Closed GOP function.
  • Support to encode MPEG C-VBR (Constant-Variable Bitrate).
  • Support to encode Divx-HD format.
  • Rewrite MPlex Component, which supports to encode any picture size and avoid buffer overrun/copy to speed up conversions.
  • Support to select MPEG1/2 Aspect ratio and automatically choose proper bitrate according to picture size.
  • Support to synthesize DVD subtitle streams.
  • Support to real time preview source video while doing settings.
  • Support to adjust volume/brightness/contrast for output files.
  • Add audio and video sync function.
  • Add an indicator for final file size.
  • Support to select video decoder/splitter. Solved the problem on the compatibility between different decoders.
  • New method of MOV/Real Media decoding. Now converting MOV/Real Media to any format will be much perfecter.
  • New DVD-burning engine, more stable.
  • Support to set the start and end point of conversions.
  • Fixed all known bugs.
Download WinAVI Video Converter v8.0 from:

Buy a full license for WinAVI Video Converter from here.

126.5.2007 5:17

This is a must have for any hardcore video author.

226.5.2007 8:52

Is it really fast?

326.5.2007 14:36

Originally posted by Moomoo2:
Is it really fast?
I used it awhile ago to do 12 AVI files and it took 3 hours to do the files that were about 179megs.

When you are converting video files its not about speed but more about quality cause you don't have to worry about choppy video or sound problems.

427.5.2007 1:32
fgamer

Originally posted by Moomoo2:
Is it really fast?
WinAvi has always been fast for me, it takes about 12-15 minutes to convert a 700-800MB AVI file to DVD. This is by far the best program I've ever used. Definately recommend this program.

530.5.2007 18:48
henryting

Hi guys,
Winavi version 8 still not stable yet. It still got a lot of bugs in it. Do not install...I repeat do not install. I have tried several time to convert my rmvb files to dvd but it wont allow me to complete the process. I have all the necessary processing files real media files AC3 quicktime etc....
I have sent in the error log file to winavi support desk and they told me their engineers are looking into in.

631.5.2007 14:56
dorkydork

I have a canon camera that takes video footage. It is really good quality. The problem is the videos are HUGE! I took a 15minute video and it was 1.5GB!

Will WinAvi help me? Any advice?

731.5.2007 15:28

Originally posted by dorkydork:

Will WinAvi help me? Any advice?
Yes it will help you it does any size of film. I have done a whole 6 gig worth of a TV series. Worked fine.

It will just take time. The bigger the file the more time that in needs.

85.6.2007 13:53

Can someone help me with a possible error with this?

I convert the file to .AVI and after a single minute it says "All tasks
have been completed". There is only a second of black in the converted
file and yet the original is 24 minutes long. The original file is
67,708K and the converted is 160K. This doesn't make any sense. It's a
cartoon show for goodness sake! What am I doing wrong? I have not
changed any setting or defaults.

95.6.2007 14:49
dorkydork

kdlicisous,
this is a news and opinions site. you're not going to get much help here on issues like this. use the forums on the winavi software site.

1027.6.2007 21:48

I've used this prog in the past, and it has earned a place in my A/V tools folder on my desktop.

1119.7.2007 22:57
fireflash

Great stuff from Winavi it's very effective.Used version 7 for the past year with fast converting.Only gripe with version 8 is down to the 4:3 ratio it doesent seem to rip full screen.Love the new menu system though.well worth paying for 8/10.

1229.7.2007 12:16

Heyyy Was Just Wondering If Anyone Could Help Me On This ... This Program is Gr8 I Use It And ITs Propa Fast But When i Try 2 Convert Any Movie 2 DVD it Will Let Me The Files Are AVI And Its Just Convertings The Movie And Not The Sound... Any Reason Thats Happerning And Any Way i Can Change It .. Write Bk If u Can Thanks Alot!

1326.9.2007 20:06

This is my first time using WINAVI V.7.7. I tried to convert some rmvb and avi files into VCD with no success. First with the rmvb files, the conversion process seemed fine. I stored the converted files in one of the hard drives. When I played the converted files using Window media player and nero rom, video is good but there is no sound. Anyone knows why?

Secondly, when I tried the avi files, it said files cannot be read. I was just scratching my head without knowing why.

I tried uninstall and reinstall the software with no success. Could someone help?

Thanks.

1427.9.2007 5:32
henryting

Winavi version 8 is really a nut. Trying to convert from rmvb to dvd but failed.

155.3.2008 9:35

I just converted a RMVB file to DVD using WinAVI 8 from my Vista machine. I got got the videos but with "No Sound". Does anyone know why?