AnyDVD HD to support "proactive renewal" of AACS

Written by Matti Vähäkainu (Google+) @ 11 Apr 2008 5:15 User comments (28)

AnyDVD HD to support "proactive renewal" of AACS The Advanced Access Content System Licensing Administrator, LLC (AACS LA) has once again started a so called "proactive renewal", which would renew the protection system for the upcoming HD titles, such as Region B Blu-ray titles Alien vs. Predator 2: Requiem and Alvin and the Chipmunks. SlySoft quickly answered with an update for its AnyDVD HD that will allow users to continue to enjoy their movie collection on which ever equipment they prefer.
The v6.4.1.1 AnyDVD HD offers a support for upcoming high-definition discs and thus removes the need to update the playback software and/or hardware. All licensed users of the software can download the new v6.4.1.1 AnyDVD HD free of charge.

"This again is a great feature for our customers. Only a few days before the official release of new titles we already can say, you can continue to watch your favorite movies on your favorite equipment. Not only the equipment the industry forces you to use," said Fernando Cabezas from SlySoft.

Changelog AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.1.1 2008 04 10
  • New (Blu-ray): Added support for AACS MKBv7!
    (used on new titles to be released end of April)
  • New (Blu-ray): Complete region lock removal from Blu-ray disc,
    including discs which contain signed Java code!
  • New (Blu-ray): Added dialog to ask for disc region on insertion.
  • New (Blu-ray): Automatic option remembers previous region settings
    per disc
  • New (DVD): Support for protection on "Reservation Road", US
  • New (DVD): Many improvements to AI scanner and AnyDVD ripper
  • Fix (Blu-ray): BD+ removal did not work with some discs.
  • Fix (DVD): Problems with some discs
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

111.4.2008 6:43

Another notch for Slysoft Im a proud owner of AnyDVD HD,CloneCD,CloneDVD Well worth the price :)

211.4.2008 6:47

Keep up the good work guys! I've never had a problem with AnyDVD! Slysoft rocks!

311.4.2008 7:29
nobrainer

Respect to slysoft for fighting the anti-consumer tactice of the RIAA/IFPI, MPAA, ect.

what sucks is that Big media continue to treat ALL legitimate customers as criminals and forcing them to continue to purchase their media over and over again by making it law around the globe to stop time/format shifting.

MPAA/RIAA/Ect. DRM = a licence to print money

thing are looking up in New Zealand though, its just a shame that the rest of the world pander to Big Media's draconian anti-consumer approach!

New Zealand copyright reform law schools US DMCA on fair use

Originally posted by hyperlink
Published: April 10, 2008 - 02:29PM CT:

New Zealand has taken on all these issues and appears to have crafted legislation with a lot for consumers to like. Canadian law professor Michael Geist points out that its anti-circumvention rules are quite progressive. Unlike the DMCA in the US, the new law allows people to bypass DRM if the intended use is legitimate, it explicitly allows format shifting and timeshifting, and it refuses to protect region-coding of movies and games.

As Geist puts it, "the anti-circumvention provisions are arguably the best of any country, since they are compliant with WIPO, limited in scope, and seek to preserve fair dealing rights."

Just after the law defines a technological protection measure (TPM, which is the same as DRM), it makes an exception "for the avoidance of doubt." Not included is anything that "controls geographic market segmentation by preventing the playback in New Zealand of a non-infringing copy of a work."

The bill grants certain rights to copyright owners when it comes to using TPMs, but it notes that these "do not prevent or restrict the exercise of a permitted act." The bill also contains a curious provision that allows "qualified persons" (defined as librarians, archivists, and educational establishments) to perform TPM circumvention for users after a user makes a declaration that the intended use will be legal.

New Zealand also (finally) gets the legal right to shift music from CDs to other devices, though this format-shifting right does not appear to extend to video for some reason. In addition time-shifting of television is allowed, though it appears that copyright management information must be respected (certain shows will be deleted after a set amount of time, etc.).

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Apr 2008 @ 7:35

411.4.2008 13:15

Another positive step for Slysoft.

511.4.2008 17:39

Slysoft rules! Keep 'em coming guys, good job. I've just done clean installs of the newest AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

Edit: Chose to keep "registration info" when you uninstall from the program's uninstall and you don't have to fumble entering your key into the program if doing clean install.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Apr 2008 @ 11:01

612.4.2008 3:17

yes me to and there both working well

712.4.2008 13:13

Slysoft's worth the price in keeping up with updates for AnyDVD HD.

812.4.2008 13:34

Originally posted by garmoon:
yes correct garmoon, i keep my keycodes on a slave HDD so its handy

912.4.2008 14:19

This reminds me of the Mad magazine cat and mouse game of " Spy vs Spy"

1012.4.2008 15:45

one of the better products out there, and second to none in keeping up with the joneses meaning all those movie moguls and all thier affiliates and everybody else that tries to throw thier crap at us.

1112.4.2008 15:46

Always a wise idea. I've stored a copy of my registry key in two of my online email accounts so that it is always safe and available when needed.

There are a lot of individuals who insist that AnyDVD isn't worth the price, but I disagree. I've been using it for years and have had to pay for an upgrade only once.

It's worth it because AnyDVD keeps up with all the latest encryption keys, Does a good job of ripping HD DVD and Blu-Ray, HDCP is rendered useless allowing HD DVD and Blu-Ray movies to play on non HDCP ready equipment.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Apr 2008 @ 15:49

1212.4.2008 15:51
nobrainer

@ Sophocles

anydvd is worth more than the they charge as it gives us our right to fair use which big media constantly lobby to take away (dmca,ect) and with the way licencing is once digital downloads are the norm they will have eradicated the second hand market and stopped everyone from format shifting so ever time a new format is released you get to purchase it all over again! the IFPI(riaa,ect) and MPAA is simply anti consumer.

HDMI HDCP is probably the lowest the have stopped thus far.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Apr 2008 @ 15:52

1312.4.2008 16:11

nobrainer

All good points. For me keeping up with DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-Ray encryption keys are the most important factors. I spend a fair amount of time trying to figure out the best methods of backing HD to inexpensive media, and that's where the most good is done. Not only does it take full advantage of fair use but it completely overcomes format shifting. As quick as they make it, we will break it. LOL
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Apr 2008 @ 16:12

1412.4.2008 16:15

I got slysoft key codes on floppies, DVD RW and R discs, 3 HDDs and a USB thumb drive. Well they told me to save them. LMAO

Edit;sp and this place is slow to post now and cursor can't keep up with my 2 finger typing. Somebody feed and water the hamsters.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Apr 2008 @ 16:17

1512.4.2008 17:44

it comes and goes garmoon, same here

1612.4.2008 22:15
RNR1995

6412 is out
Slysoft Rocks

1712.4.2008 22:18

Sophocles, on your subject that you needed to pay for an upgrade just once, that cought my attention, I have been with them for several years now and have never heard anybody ever had to pay to upgrade, unless I'm not reading something correctly, can you be a little more specific cause if I'm not mistaken it's suppose to be free live time upgrades.

1812.4.2008 23:00

The highest compliment I can pay Slysoft/Elaborate Bytes is to say that anyDVD/cloneDVD are truly "retail-grade." I've NEVER had a problem with this Dynamic Duo. I also use DVDFab, but Fab has some serious architectural problems. Fab is shareware-grade, not retail-grade. In American dollars, A/C together were quite pricey, but I don't regret the purchase for a moment. LIFETIME free upgrades? We can only hope that S/EB don't go out of business. <sigh> I expect one of the Media Nazis to offer S/EB some serious cash at some point to get them off the market. <sigh> Every man has his price. I suppose it's inevitable...

\m

1912.4.2008 23:09

People, please don't steal this software. If it goes out of business "they" win!! Its cheap enough. I don't mind making Slysoft millionaires. Without Slysoft WE ALL are screwed.

2013.4.2008 23:02

Originally posted by FredBun:
Can't speak for him, but the I'm pretty sure the upgrade he's referring to is the AnyDVD-HD upgrade. For an additional fee [$30 Euros?] you can enable the DVD version to decrypt Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Apr 2008 @ 23:03

2114.4.2008 1:06

Cotcha H0bbes, your probably right, I don't think it was for some regular update.

2214.4.2008 7:20

I'm pretty sure the upgrade he's referring to is the AnyDVD-HD upgrade.

There is indeed a charge to upgrade to AnyDVD HD. I assumed this earlier post
which referred to AnyDVD making hard HDCP ready and ripping covered that.

2314.4.2008 18:42

Originally posted by iluvendo:
This reminds me of the Mad magazine cat and mouse game of " Spy vs Spy"
Ohmagosh..... What *wonderful* memories!

'Spy vs. Spy' was simply hilarious - one spy constantly trying to out-do the other. And did you notice how they often placed the spies on the far-edges of the printed page (outside the main panels)... these 'mini-comics' would often run right off the page ...

(I believe the black (evil) spy works for Sony, and the white spy <all niceness-&-goodness> is a programmer for Slysoft). <gg>

2415.4.2008 1:17

lol A_Klingon thats good!

2515.4.2008 19:08

Spy vs. Spy comics...aren't we showing our age? LOL

2616.4.2008 1:26

we can't all be 14 lol

2716.4.2008 2:34

Originally posted by MP3Music:
Spy vs. Spy comics...aren't we showing our age? LOL
Takes an ol' fogey to know one, so there! (Thmaaa, thmaaa, thmaaa) ....

Thrrrrpppphhhhhhhh.....
:-D
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Apr 2008 @ 2:36

2816.4.2008 5:36

Touché...............Caught me on that one. :-)